Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pros and cons for starting Tippet or Valenti as 7th forward -

Pros -

Tippet - Has scored 100 a couple of times and could move into the ruck to give Maric a break now that Morans out.

Valenti - Roams in midfield, forward and back meaning he gets the ball more than Tippet 9 times out of ten, has also got a 97 from memory.

Cons -

Tippet - Has had some pretty low scores and will have Lake playing on him. Would need to kick 4 on Lake to get a half decent score if left up forward, can't see that happening.

Valenti - May not even make the cut on the bench, and also playing Richmond. Might not get alot of gametime either.

For people who have Tippet and Valenti as their bench forwards who are you picking to start on the ground as your 7th forward as I'm sure you are all like me and stuck with Pav cause you have no trades left! :eek:

Pros and cons for starting Tippet or Valenti as 7th forward -

Pros -

Tippet - Has scored 100 a couple of times and could move into the ruck to give Maric a break now that Morans out.

Valenti - Roams in midfield, forward and back meaning he gets the ball more than Tippet 9 times out of ten, has also got a 97 from memory.

Cons -

Tippet - Has had some pretty low scores and will have Lake playing on him. Would need to kick 4 on Lake to get a half decent score if left up forward, can't see that happening.

Valenti - May not even make the cut on the bench, and also playing Richmond. Might not get alot of gametime either.

For people who have Tippet and Valenti as their bench forwards who are you picking to start on the ground as your 7th forward as I'm sure you are all like me and stuck with Pav cause you have no trades left! :eek:

I have both, but the decision will be easy ... I can't see Valenti getting a game this week.

If he does I would start him over Tippett.

I have both, but the decision will be easy ... I can't see Valenti getting a game this week.

If he does I would start him over Tippett.

Yeah you could be right mate. I reckon these 4 will get the nod before valenti -

Int (from): Jack Grimes, Ben Holland, Stefan Martin, Cale Morton, Matthew Newton, Paul Wheatley, Shane Valenti

What do you think? What does everyone else think? :D

Undecided on the last midfield Spot for the GF
Judd --- Hodge --- Bartel --- Lewis --- Stevens
Now should i play Cornes or Ling for the last spot. Cornes may go to Boomer which may put his usual output down. Cant see Ling tagging anyone this week and may have a free run at this week.......thoughts????

Ling

He has averaged 26 touches in his last 4 against the Eagles and take out the one earlier this year and they were a pretty decent team in the 3 before that, so he should be able to rack them up. He also kicks goals. Kornes just bl00dy handballs all the bl00dy time, he is really p1ssing me off, never touching him again in SC or DT.

Ling

He has averaged 26 touches in his last 4 against the Eagles and take out the one earlier this year and they were a pretty decent team in the 3 before that, so he should be able to rack them up. He also kicks goals. Kornes just bl00dy handballs all the bl00dy time, he is really p1ssing me off, never touching him again in SC or DT.
Good reasoning just need all the mids to score over 100 if possible with Pav out.......

Yeah you could be right mate. I reckon these 4 will get the nod before valenti -

Int (from): Jack Grimes, Ben Holland, Stefan Martin, Cale Morton, Matthew Newton, Paul Wheatley, Shane Valenti

did not know bert's son was on melbourne's list:p

Melbourne
B:Matthew Whelan, Nathan Carroll, Daniel Bell
HB: James Frawley, Matthew Warnock, Colin Garland
C:Cameron Bruce, James McDonald, Brad Green
HF: Ricky Petterd, Brad Miller, Simon Buckley
F: Addam Maric, Colin Sylvia, Adem Yze
Foll: Jeff White, Clint Bartram, Nathan Jones
I/C (from): Jack Grimes, Ben Holland, Stefan Martin, Cale Morton, Matthew Newton, Paul Wheatley, Shane Valenti
In: Frawley, Grimes, Maric, Petterd, Valenti, Holland, Carroll
Out:Mark Jamar, Matthew Bate, Lynden Dunn, Austin Wonaeamirri (hamstring)
New:Jack Grimes (Northern Knights)

Four outs. Three of the inclusions are named on the field, plus Grimes makes 4. I read on the Melbourne board that they are trying to qualify Valenti for finals with Sandringham anyway.

Definately Cooney IMO. Am almost certain I read that Cooney has a great SC history vs Adelaide, and Power has the opposite vs Sydney. Even regardless of opposition, I'd take Cooney. Is back to his best.
If Valenti isn't to play (as some are suggesting) I might have to go Franklin.

O'Keefe only 50/50 chance of playing :mad:

http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/its-time-for-action-says-swans-coach-20080829-45hh.html

http://afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=66573

First Goodes ... now ROK ... **** You Sydney

Thats now Pavlich, Goodes, Welsh & ROK for me :mad::mad:

You have to be f*cking joking don't you? For f*cks sake this just gets worse and worse for me! :mad::thumbsdown:

First I loose Pav and then I get back Porps and Tippet back but now I will lose ROK. I am going to be playing a man down yet again!

F*ck it! Why are you doing this to me SC gods, why??? :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back