Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilbee vs P.Burgoyne.

I'll hear arguements for both now.

Cmon people! ;)

At the start of the year i would definately gone with gilbee but hes form hasnt been great and ive kept hearing about injuries. I would still probably give gilbee the edge but its a lot closer now. I currently have gilbee.

Gilbee.
Best kick in the league.
Consistent.
In his prime right now.
No one else can play his role in the side.

Yeh i had Gilbee in my side. Got a few extra dollars i'm playing with.
Rumours of an injury and his games haven't been spectacular, however he did score 99 in his first game.

Ok you sold me. Gilbee stays.

Yeh i had Gilbee in my side. Got a few extra dollars i'm playing with.
Rumours of an injury and his games haven't been spectacular, however he did score 99 in his first game.

Ok you sold me. Gilbee stays.

H Shaw looks good as well, you think i shuld downgrade cornes/bowden to shaw/burgoyne and use the extra cash to upgrade barlow/nicoski???

I see your point

but its not like Priddis, and Stanton are duds they will be up around Dal Santo and Kerrs points.

It's a little different when you're talking about key position players. In defenders and forwards, there is so much separating the elite level players and the mid tier players.
You're right, there is not a hell of a lot of difference b/w Stanton and Dal. But there is a hell of a difference b/w Cornes and a ~500k defender.
Realistically, in Defence there is a pool of only about 15 players tops even worth considering.

hey guys just some thoughts on this team would be greatly appreciated thanks
Backs
Shaw, John****, Birchall, M.Johnson, Lovett-Murray, Mattner, Nicoski (Urquart, Proud)
Midfield
K.Cornes, Swan, N.Jones, Griffen, Stevens, Peake (Bird, Evert)
Ruckman
McIntosh, Simmonds, (Hampson, Graham)
Forwards
J.Brown, Lucas, Fevola, Hall, Bock, R.Murphy, Porplyzia (K.Tippett, C.Rioli)
cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Help with my team guys.
Any Advice?

Backs
Cornes, Gilbee, Shaw, Johncock, Hurn, Nikoski, Proud (Hansen, N.Brown)

Mids
Dal Santo, Goodes, S Thompson, Johnstone, Stevens, Palmer (Tuck, Bird)

Rucks
Cox, Simmonds (Meesen, Bailey)

FOrwards
Pavlich, Brad Johnson, Corey Jones, Hall, Sylvia, Thompson, Jetta (Tippet, Ryoli)

hey guys just some thoughts on this team would be greatly appreciated thanks
Backs
Shaw, John****, Birchall, M.Johnson, Lovett-Murray, Mattner, Nicoski (Urquart, Proud)
Midfield
K.Cornes, Swan, N.Jones, Griffen, Stevens, Peake (Bird, Evert)
Ruckman
McIntosh, Simmonds, (Hampson, Graham)
Forwards
J.Brown, Lucas, Fevola, Hall, Bock, R.Murphy, Porplyzia (K.Tippett, C.Rioli)
cheers

Team is pretty solid all the way through.
Your backline being the weakest, the only suggestion i might make to your is maybe start a rookie or two somewhere and up grade your backline.

Help with my team guys.
Any Advice?

Backs
Cornes, Gilbee, Shaw, Johncock, Hurn, Nikoski, Proud (Hansen, N.Brown)

Mids
Dal Santo, Goodes, S Thompson, Johnstone, Stevens, Palmer (Tuck, Bird)

Rucks
Cox, Simmonds (Meesen, Bailey)

FOrwards
Pavlich, Brad Johnson, Corey Jones, Hall, Sylvia, Thompson, Jetta (Tippet, Ryoli)

I like it mate solid in all positions, good starting rookies, solid bench, i haven't heard mauch about Baily or Brown tho.
the only player i dont like is thompson, i know alot of people are jumping on board because he is viewed as cheep but i wouldn't have considered him at his peak (way to inconsistent), and he is coming back from injury will start slow, i think there are better options.
I like the punt your taking with Sylvia could be big this year, considering him myself.
Good team!

Team is pretty solid all the way through.
Your backline being the weakest, the only suggestion i might make to your is maybe start a rookie or two somewhere and up grade your backline.
rightio mate ill see what i can do thanks the the advice, what sort of rookies do you suggest tho?????

Yep. The cheapest player in your 22 should be 200k. Minimum.

If not you will lose AND your computer will self destruct at lock out.

Is this coming from the same Spartan that was apparently starting 3.2 million rookies a week or so ago?

There is absolutly no problem starting rookies in the 95K range if you do your research, im personally starting 4 rookies atm (Proud, Hanson, Palmer and tippet) coulped with a bench of rookies that are also projected to play, i think its fine.
It enables me to get big star power in my side and save on trades.

No1 knows mate some i can mention for ur backline are proud, hansen, taylor, selwood. pfeiffer, flip a coin thats wat im doing

At the moment i have Proud and Hansen starting in my backline, with Pfiefer as my emg, i also have Taylor on the bench.
Hope that helps.

Is this coming from the same Spartan that was apparently starting 3.2 million rookies a week or so ago?

There is absolutly no problem starting rookies in the 95K range if you do your research, im personally starting 4 rookies atm (Proud, Hanson, Palmer and tippet) coulped with a bench of rookies that are also projected to play, i think its fine.
It enables me to get big star power in my side and save on trades.

Ever heard of sarcasm. ;)

Not sure what do with my back-up ruck division now that Kreuzer and Hampson are both injured. Although, both are only out for 1/2 weeks maximum so I'm thinking of keeping them in the team and relying on Cox and Simmonds to play round 1 which it seems they both will!. Any other rookie rucks worth considering?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back