Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
only just go on this forum, so havnt been keeping up with the talk lol who are the value picks this year? especially for midfield and backline.. oh well bugger it, for every section haha. will be interesting to see what everyone thinks.. if this subject hasnt been covered 100 times n ppl rnt sick of it haha. value picks?

Honestly, I think he has done enough to suggest that he will step up this year...
Dunno if I would go as far a "rip it", but he certainly should improve. :)

yer wasnt so sure.. had a bitta dosh up my sleeve so i traded him.. who are the value picks of the year?

Any thoughts on my team?? Am open to any advice.

BACKS

L Gilbee
B Lake
A Hunter
J Gram
M Mattner
S Hurn
J Roughead

MID

N Dal Santo (c)
G Ablett (vc)
R Griffen
N Stevens
M Nicoski
B Gibbs

RUCKS

J Koschitzke
T Simmonds

FORWARDS

M Pavlich
N Riewoldt
J Brown
B Burton
J Porplyzia
K Tippet/C Rioli
J Akermanis

what do ppl stil rekon of porplyzia (349k)?? alotta ppl dropped off that wagon

what about schnieder (471k)? do u rekon hes a worth it this year at saints

i think this a pretty solid side but do you think it needs much improvements, if so where? thanks

Backs
Shaw,
Johncok,
Birchall,
M.Johnson,
Lovett-Murray,
Mattner,
Nicoski
(Urquart, Proud)

Midfield
K.Cornes,
Swan,
N.Jones,
Griffen,
Stevens,
Peake
(Bird, Ebert)

Ruckman
McIntosh,
Simmonds,
(Hampson,Graham)

Forwards
J.Brown,
Lucas,
Fevola,
Hall,
Bock,
R.Murphy,
Porplyzia
(K.Tippett, C.Rioli)
cheers

So what are people doing with Hampson and Kruezer? Both are set to miss first game or two. With there not being much else to pick from (cheap ruck wise) worth leaving them in your team since they both should play a bit.

Any thoughts on my team?? Am open to any advice.

BACKS

L Gilbee
B Lake
A Hunter
J Gram
M Mattner
S Hurn
J Roughead

MID

N Dal Santo (c)
G Ablett (vc)
R Griffen
N Stevens
M Nicoski
B Gibbs

RUCKS

J Koschitzke
T Simmonds

FORWARDS

M Pavlich
N Riewoldt
J Brown
B Burton
J Porplyzia
K Tippet/C Rioli
J Akermanis
not a bad side there.
i dont think lake will have as good of a year as he did last year
i also suggest moving nicoski to the backline for roughead and add someone like higgins/sherman/schammer/boak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are the following good picks?

If not, could somebody please refer me to some blokes with a similiar price range.

Adam Hunter 488k
James Kelly 420k
Matthew Leunberger 203k
Justin Koschitzke 452k

All are starting.

Also, would Darren Pfeiffer be the most logical rookie to start in my defense? Or is there somebody better to place there.

People have been talking about Lonergan and Taylor fighting it out for Egan's spot for half the year.Why would they do this when Geelong managed to win the grand final by over 100 points with none of these 3 in the side?? Also what are peoples thoughts on Pfeiffer and Proud?:)

i think this a pretty solid side but do you think it needs much improvements, if so where? thanks

Backs
Shaw,
Johncok,
Birchall,
M.Johnson,
Lovett-Murray,
Mattner,
Nicoski
(Urquart, Proud)

Midfield
K.Cornes,
Swan,
N.Jones,
Griffen,
Stevens,
Peake
(Bird, Ebert)

Ruckman
McIntosh,
Simmonds,
(Hampson,Graham)

Forwards
J.Brown,
Lucas,
Fevola,
Hall,
Bock,
R.Murphy,
Porplyzia
(K.Tippett, C.Rioli)
cheers

Midfield Structure:
Im finding it hard to make a structure for my midfield, Ive got a list of 10 players to choose from so that isnt my problem as for now my structure is 3 520k+ guns, Stevens and 4 rookies including Houli, Ive been trying to go for 3 guns, Stevens, mid range player (embley,shammer) but it just dosent work, any ideas?

Midfield Structure:
Im finding it hard to make a structure for my midfield, Ive got a list of 10 players to choose from so that isnt my problem as for now my structure is 3 520k+ guns, Stevens and 4 rookies including Houli, Ive been trying to go for 3 guns, Stevens, mid range player (embley,shammer) but it just dosent work, any ideas?

i have the same problem mate but I am struggling to decide between 2 or 3 520k+ mids.

Currently I have Dal Santo, Hayes, Swan, Stevens, Coughlan and Houli

Help appreciated.

i have the same problem mate but I am struggling to decide between 2 or 3 520k+ mids.

Currently I have Dal Santo, Hayes, Swan, Stevens, Coughlan and Houli

Help appreciated.

2 maximum. There is too much value in mids this year. You can find someone for 100k cheaper that could easily average the same as the 520k player. I only have one mid above 520k, my next mid is around 410k

WM i wouldnt get Jake King theres defs better value at his price. Which two would you guys take outta the following:

N. Jones (With TJ gone more likely to cop a tag but has shown he is capable of racking up possies its just how effective they are)

B. Reilly (Thompson will cop first tag and does deliver into 50 a fair bit but history shows that he is not an always reliable SC scorer)

J. Nash (Really undecided on this guy. Can produce the goods esp cos he has wonderful skills but really dont no)

R. Tambling (From all reports, is really starting to find his feet, using his speed for clearances but then again who isnt flying in the preseason:). I'm afraid i do have a soft spot for Richie)

T. Johnstone (One of my favourite non-richmond players to watch when he makes use of the sublime skills god gave him. Will either play in midfield as 4th/5th man or on halfback either way is likely to get TOG as well as a fair bit of the ball providing he stops being so lazy. Really wanna justify his selection :))​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back