Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is having Pav, brown and both johnsons too much in my forward line???

Yes. Having too many points per week is a real concern. ;)

At the risk of taking this originality thing too far...I think I'm settled on starting 5 rookies and 0 Nick Stevens'. :cool:

Hey kind of new to this. Wat r your opinions on Nigel Lappin? He was the ultimate cash cow last year now his price is 568K but i think he's in for a blinder he ave 27 disp per game and i thought delivered it well plus he's consistancy was awesome. With a star packed midfield he will relish Black and Power or even Johnstone getting the tag. Why havnt people got on him
hav i missed something? is he injured or underdone?:confused:

Hey kind of new to this. Wat r your opinions on Nigel Lappin? He was the ultimate cash cow last year now his price is 568K but i think he's in for a blinder he ave 27 disp per game and i thought delivered it well plus he's consistancy was awesome. With a star packed midfield he will relish Black and Power or even Johnstone getting the tag. Why havnt people got on him
hav i missed something? is he injured or underdone?:confused:

Better people at his price

Any Geelong fans know the status on Taylor and Gamble, are they in contention round 1???

Also
Waters/Ellis or Birchall/Nicoski or Waters/Nicoski???

Any Geelong fans know the status on Taylor and Gamble, are they in contention round 1???

Also
Thx heaps do u reckon his in 4 a big 1 tho? Judd i'll wait and see first couple of rounds is it better havin Hayes or Goodes you think? i jus really thort Lappin was consistant last year and used it well. What player do you rate round his price?? and i'll chuck another different 1 out Corey Enright gets plenty of the ball himself honestly i admit he's overpriced and has some let downs wit disposal but he's under 500k gets plenty of the leather generally uses it well and opposition dont bother wit him & playin for Geelong too is a bonus. Wat r ur thoughts??

Thx heaps do u reckon his in 4 a big 1 tho? Judd i'll wait and see first couple of rounds is it better havin Hayes or Goodes you think? i jus really thort Lappin was consistant last year and used it well. What player do you rate round his price?? and i'll chuck another different 1 out Corey Enright gets plenty of the ball himself honestly i admit he's overpriced and has some let downs wit disposal but he's under 500k gets plenty of the leather generally uses it well and opposition dont bother wit him & playin for Geelong too is a bonus. Wat r ur thoughts??
Birchall/Nicoski

Goodes has been good during the pre seasons but he ususally starts slow so that kept me away from him, a couple of good pick ups could be hayes, cross and scott thompson from adelaide

Goodes has been good during the pre seasons but he ususally starts slow so that kept me away from him, a couple of good pick ups could be hayes, cross and scott thompson from adelaide
Cross and Hayes i definately agree wit they are under some serious thought atm but scotty thompson i wont go near him his disposal lacks efficiency and he gets the tag regularly he'll be a rollercoster for u in my books 130 one week 60 or 70 the other.
Has Cross had a solid pre-season???

Also
They are both in contention but not certainties. Gamble a greater chance. You'll know the Geelong 22 on Wednesday night, well before lockout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think this a pretty solid side but do you think it needs much improvements, if so where? thanks

Backs
Shaw, Johncok, Birchall, M.Johnson, Lovett-Murray, Mattner, Nicoski
(Urquart, Proud)

Midfield
K.Cornes, Swan, N.Jones, Griffen, Stevens, Peake
(Bird, Ebert)

Ruckman
McIntosh, Simmonds,
(Hampson,Graham)

Forwards
J.Brown, Lucas, Fevola, Hall, Bock, R.Murphy, Porplyzia
(K.Tippett, C.Rioli)
cheers

I think this is pretty handy.

Backs:
Cornes, Gilbee, Mundy, Mackie, Bock, Mattner, Pfeiffer (Proud, Selwood)

Midfield:
Dal Santo, Foley, Fletcher, Kelly, Griffen, Stevens (Palmer, Ebert)

Rucks:
Simmonds, Leunberger (Hampson, West)

Forwards:
Brown, S.Johnson, Deledio, Koschitzke, Hall, Akermanis, N.Thompson (Rioli, Tippet)

Thoughts?

I think this is pretty handy.

Backs:
Cornes, Gilbee, Mundy, Mackie, Bock, Mattner, Pfeiffer (Proud, Selwood)

Midfield:
Dal Santo, Foley, Fletcher, Kelly, Griffen, Stevens (Palmer, Ebert)

Rucks:
Simmonds, Leunberger (Hampson, West)

Forwards:
Brown, S.Johnson, Deledio, Koschitzke, Hall, Akermanis, N.Thompson (Rioli, Tippet)

Thoughts?
yeah pretty good mate although rucks are pretty thin,
pretty good backline but honestly i would put proud in(if hes playing) over pfeiffer, or even have hansen.
risky forward line but if some of those players fire then u should go good
what you think of mine (above yours)

i think this a pretty solid side but do you think it needs much improvements, if so where? thanks

Backs
Shaw, Johncok, Birchall, M.Johnson, Lovett-Murray, Mattner, Nicoski
(Urquart, Proud)

Midfield
K.Cornes, Swan, N.Jones, Griffen, Stevens, Peake
(Bird, Ebert)

Ruckman
McIntosh, Simmonds,
(Hampson,Graham)

Forwards
J.Brown, Lucas, Fevola, Hall, Bock, R.Murphy, Porplyzia
(K.Tippett, C.Rioli)
cheers

Theres alot to like in that team.

If i could criticise anything, i would only say about the forward line.

Bock i would put in the backline, rather than waste a spot in the forwardline.

Dont know about Robert Murphy, i know hes cheap but i dont think he'll get right, and could hurt himself again.

Fevola is the only other iffy. I dont think hes a very good fantasy player, if he drops his head, your looking at a poor score. I think theres better options at his price range.

Other than that, i like it. :thumbsu:

Ummm nah not really.
BJ is another year older and no one knows how the Dogs will go this year.
You'd think the Cats will be right up there again this year so that will make it easier for Chappy to score well.
I don't agree with your reasoning. A player can be in a dud team and still be a fantasy superstar. BJ has been one of the greatest fantasy players of the last decade, and during that time the Bulldogs haven't set the world on fire.
As for you saying "BJ is another year older" - that's exactly what people were saying of BJ and Milburn this time last season, and they ended up being in the top few scorers in their positions.

Theres alot to like in that team.

If i could criticise anything, i would only say about the forward line.

Bock i would put in the backline, rather than waste a spot in the forwardline.

Dont know about Robert Murphy, i know hes cheap but i dont think he'll get right, and could hurt himself again.

Fevola is the only other iffy. I dont think hes a very good fantasy player, if he drops his head, your looking at a poor score. I think theres better options at his price range.

Other than that, i like it. :thumbsu:
cheers mate
i honestly believe murphy could be one of the best buys if he comes right (and hes played in the midfield) and i reckon hes worth the risk
who else do u suggest in the forward line for bock and fevola then

I don't agree with your reasoning. A player can be in a dud team and still be a fantasy superstar. BJ has been one of the greatest fantasy players of the last decade, and during that time the Bulldogs haven't set the world on fire.
As for you saying "BJ is another year older" - that's exactly what people were saying of BJ and Milburn this time last season, and they ended up being in the top few scorers in their positions.
totally agree mate but not about beau waters for PM lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back