Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First game in a year, putting in a game that if it were his average, would make him worth $170k more than he is now? Yeah, I'll take it.

You do realise that by naming two emergencies in one position, both of whom will play, you'll get the lower of their two scores if an emergency is needed, right?

I'm pretty sure I know how the thing works.
I have two emergencies in the mids because I was at work yesterday when the teams were announced and I had no idea which rookies were playing.

There were also rumors Stevens would be a late withdraw.

Therefor I placed 2 emergencies in the mids so I wouldn't be left a player down in the event that McNamara and Tuck wern't selected. I could have been 3 down otherwise.

To anyone that cares this is the team that got locked.

Backs:

C.Cornes[C], Bowden[VC], Shaw, Milburn, Gilbee, Mattner, Bradshaw (Edwards, S.Thompson[E])

Mids:

Cross, Hayes, Stevens, Dyson, Houli, Bird (Geary, Tuck[E])

Rucks:

Cox, Simmonds (Hampson, Meeson)

Forwards:

Pavlich, Riewoldt, Hall, Burton, Akermanis, Porpliza, Gamble (Tippet, Rioli[E])

Strategy was loaded backs and forwards with rookie mids to use as cash cows while still bringing in the points. Backline has been locked for a week but the forward line had Pav, Roo, Chappy, Browny and BJ at one point before the teams were released.

The stupid teams getting released late hurt. As soon as McNamara, Palmer and Masten were all not named I had to bring in Hayes and Dyson into the midfield. I was originally running 4 rookie starters with Cross and Stevens. This resulted in having to downgrade J.Brown and BJ to Burton and Aker, which I'm filty about. Also forgot about Meeson on the bench, just wasted $30k for a dud who won't get a game this year.

All in all it ended up as a pretty @#$% team. If I had an extra hour and that piece of @#$% website didn't crash I would be ok.

good thing u 4got about meesen mate. hes 4th string

u have a similar philosphy to me i loaded my backs rucks and frwrds.. midfield is rubbish but that will be my trading objective this year

good thing u 4got about meesen mate. hes 4th string

u have a similar philosphy to me i loaded my backs rucks and frwrds.. midfield is rubbish but that will be my trading objective this year

nope now my midfield isn't that bad and my forward line could go either way. I hate getting mid priced forwards. I just pray Aker and Birdman don't let me down.

Hayes, Aker, Birdman

or

T.Tuck, Browny, Chappy/BJ

i would have preferred option 2.

*sigh*

oh well sh*t happens.

I had;

Stevens - 89
Murphy - 111
Simmonds - 66
P Burgoyne - 184 (captain)

Average of 112.5

Is that good... considering one one of my superstars played

Still have Dal Santo, Brown, Lucas, Shaw to play

I had;

Stevens - 89
Murphy - 111
Simmonds - 66
P Burgoyne - 184 (captain)

Average of 112.5

Is that good... considering one one of my superstars played

Still have Dal Santo, Brown, Lucas, Shaw to play

When doing your average so far you need to count your captain as 2 players. Not a bad score, burgoyne as skipper is an interesting choice.

"Are people really happy with Stevens? 89 against the worst midfield that they'll face all season...
I'm certainly not too disappointed I didn't jump onboard"

haha MrChristo you tool. Stevens showed last night he'l kill it this year. easily best pick up for sc 2008

My team ended up as

Backs : Bowden, Cornes, Shaw, Newman, Birchall, Nicoski, Thompson, (Brown, Pfeiffer)

Mids: DalSanto, Kornes, N Jones, Stevens, Houli, Bird, (Tuck, Masten)

Rucks: Cox, Simmonds, (Hampson, West)

Forwards: Pavlich, Chapman, Brown, B Johnson, Porplyzia, Bradshaw, Gamble, (rioli, tippet)

still dont know whether it got through or not cause my page is glitchy

Stevens showed last night he'l kill it this year. easily best pick up for sc 2008

How? No seriously now...

It was his (Stevens) first game of the year??...er, it was Corey's and King's and Thornton's first game too, wasn't it?!
Played 2 NAB Cup games...

You do realise he scored 89 right?...89...as I said, against a team that leaks fantasy points (third maybe to only Carlton themselves and the Doggies)...

You do also realise that the most points win, not the highest priced team??

I stand by my original statement that he won't score enough to be in the top tier of scorers needed, and there will be players cheaper than him that will have a higher % (and dollar!) rise in price, and possibly even average points.

How about we wait until the end of the round before calling anyone silly names, hey B-Diddy :)o)...we'll see where we're all ranked, then have a good chuckle. :cool:

Spartan, your team is remarkably similar to mine!! :eek:

Backs:

C.Cornes, Bowden, Shaw, Milburn, Gilbee, Johncock, Proud (Edwards [E], S.Thompson)

Mids:

Cross, Hayes, Dal Santo, Stanton, Houli, Bird (S. Lonergan, Tuck[E])

Rucks:

Cox[C], Simmonds (West, Cartledge)

Forwards:

Pavlich, J. Brown, Dew, Burton, Akermanis, Rioli, Tippett (Gamble [E], Stokes)

:thumbsu:

To anyone that cares this is the team that got locked.

Backs:

C.Cornes[C], Bowden[VC], Shaw, Milburn, Gilbee, Mattner, Bradshaw (Edwards, S.Thompson[E])

Mids:

Cross, Hayes, Stevens, Dyson, Houli, Bird (Geary, Tuck[E])

Rucks:

Cox, Simmonds (Hampson, Meeson)

Forwards:

Pavlich, Riewoldt, Hall, Burton, Akermanis, Porpliza, Gamble (Tippet, Rioli[E])

Strategy was loaded backs and forwards with rookie mids to use as cash cows while still bringing in the points. Backline has been locked for a week but the forward line had Pav, Roo, Chappy, Browny and BJ at one point before the teams were released.

The stupid teams getting released late hurt. As soon as McNamara, Palmer and Masten were all not named I had to bring in Hayes and Dyson into the midfield. I was originally running 4 rookie starters with Cross and Stevens. This resulted in having to downgrade J.Brown and BJ to Burton and Aker, which I'm filty about. Also forgot about Meeson on the bench, just wasted $30k for a dud who won't get a game this year.

All in all it ended up as a pretty @#$% team. If I had an extra hour and that piece of @#$% website didn't crash I would be ok.

wat happened to embley mate, if u went dalsanto, embley, stevens, houli, bird, tuck and had masten who shuld get a go in a few rounds and then upgraded ur forward line, it would have been an awesome team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:D Early days yet mate, Chappy will come down yet. ;)

Anyways, here's the squad I ended up getting.
Cornes, Milburn, Shaw, Guerra, Waters, Waite, Jones, Hartlett, Thompson
Stanton, Griffen, Stevens, Jack, Houli, Bird, Lonergan, Geary
Cox, Gilmore, Hampson, West
Pavlich*, Lucas, S.Johnson, Lynch, Hall, Porplyzia, Jetta, Rioli, Gamble

Johnson and Waite did, ok.
Cornes and Milburne were awesome.

Now, bring on Sydney! Go Jack you good thing!

I got a little stuffed up by the teams at the end. Didn't want Hartlett in my team, or Gibbs, but didn't have enough time to hang around and see the final teams as I was leaving work, so I played it safe. Hartlett is now going to get rubbed out, alas. Hopefully Gibbs can have a good one next week or is getting traded afterwards.

All in all it's still ok, better that some unlucky folk who didn't even get their teams full.

Backs:

Milburne: 114
Shaw
Johncock
Waite 73
Lovett-Murray
Bradshaw
Hartlett: 48

Brown
Thompson (Emg)

Mids:
Goodes (VC)
Hayes
Stanton
Cooney
Gibbs 51
Houli

Tuck (Emg)
Lonergan

Rucks:
Cox (C)
Wood

Hampson
White

Forwards:

Pavlich
Brown
Deledio 71
Hall
Burton
Edwards
Jetta

Gamble (Emg) 66
Rioli

Anyways, here's the squad I ended up getting.
Cornes, Milburn, Shaw, Guerra, Waters, Waite, Jones, Hartlett, Thompson
Stanton, Griffen, Stevens, Jack, Houli, Bird, Lonergan, Geary
Cox, Gilmore, Hampson, West
Pavlich*, Lucas, S.Johnson, Lynch, Hall, Porplyzia, Jetta, Rioli, Gamble

Nice team. Pity about Hartlett. Looks like the only thing that might hold you back is some if your mids have bad games and get dropped in the upcomming weeks.

I'm not too dirty on skipping Stevens in the end. I should have kept him instead of Gibbs no doubt (I don't rate Gibbs that much at the moment, and just picked him because his value was the same and I was rushed), but Stevens didn't look that great against Richmond, looked a bit slow at times. It will be interesting to see how he goes in a more accountable game.

Murphy looked good though. I'm going to have to give him a go if I can find the money.

I am literally laughing out loud at the selection of Dew.

You'd think people would at least wait until a player scores before writing them off ;)

Hey, MOST people went for Stevens/Porplyzia/midrange Mid (or Mattner I guess!)...I went for Dew/Houli and a gun.

I'm happy. :) <-- See!

(I know 1 game is a rediculous sample size, but it would be interesting for those of you in the know with formula's etc. to work out Stevens price increase given his 89, and let me know what Dew would have to score to have the same increase, both in $ and % terms.:thumbsu:)

I can't believe what is happening.:eek:

Stevens 89
Edwards 60
Simmonds 66
P.Burgoyne 92
S. Burgoyne 43
S. Johnson 71
Mackie 54
Gamble 66

I still have stars like Gilbee, Shaw, Johncock, Dal Santo (c), Hayes, Cox, Pavlich, Riewoldt, J.Brown to come as well as 4 other players.

You'd think people would at least wait until a player scores before writing them off ;)

Hey, MOST people went for Stevens/Porplyzia/midrange Mid (or Mattner I guess!)...I went for Dew/Houli and a gun.

I'm happy. :) <-- See!

(I know 1 game is a rediculous sample size, but it would be interesting for those of you in the know with formula's etc. to work out Stevens price increase given his 89, and let me know what Dew would have to score to have the same increase, both in $ and % terms.:thumbsu:)

http://[URL="http://www.xalia.com.au/TooSerious.php"]www.xalia.com.au/TooSerious.php[/URL]

Set up a user ID and you can map out his salary movement. :D

It's currently in "pre-season" mode, so it might do some funny things until we get a real round of stats (ie, in order for me to get it to calculate with no stats, I've entered in their average as their first round score.)

sccv0.jpg

http://[URL="http://www.xalia.com.au/TooSerious.php"]www.xalia.com.au/TooSerious.php[/URL]

Set up a user ID and you can map out his salary movement. :D

It's currently in "pre-season" mode, so it might do some funny things until we get a real round of stats (ie, in order for me to get it to calculate with no stats, I've entered in their average as their first round score.)

Very cool!

Cheers, Walesy. :thumbsu:

Just one final thought, that I might be a bit out with comparing a Forward to a Mid...
...I'll say then that I'm relatively confident that Dew can out score Porps who (a conservative!) 95% of people have, and at what, 60k cheaper?

Obviously we'll have to revisit a decent ways down the track...but hey, why am I sitting here justifying my team to you lot anyway??!...

...oh yeah, 'cause it's the most boring day of the year and there's precious little else to amuse me. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back