Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey fellas, just a couple of quick ones (and yes i realise both have been brought up by a number of threaders)

1. bird or palmer as my midfeild emergency (in coughlans absence?)
2. capt choice out of: milburn, h.shaw, corey, c.cornes, lockyer, cox, reiwoldt, j.brown or pavlich?

will appreciate any feedback

1. I've got Bird & Palmer and chose Palmer- while Bird has played, he was rather underwhelming, so am prepared to take the risk with Palmer. Really hoping that I don't need to count on the emergencies, and just let them sit there and make some money for me ;)

2. I would say Corey or Roo or Brown out of that lot- risk of thunderstorms up north tonight, so Shaw and Lockyer won't be as effective if it does (Brown may not either, but he could be playing in a tar pit and still make things happen). Cornes will get Goodes tagging him, Milburn won't score as much as Corey IMO, rain in Adelaide might lessen Cox's numbers, and I don't think the Dockers will be able to get the ball down to Pav enough for him to have a big one.

Who else have you got there?
And I agree with Walesly- why get rid of him?

Why? He's suffering from a mild case of jabronieitis. Its common just before and after lockout. Treatment includes not logging into supercoach.

If I had to do the trade I'd pick up O'Keefe. He's back to his best baby!

1. I've got Bird & Palmer and chose Palmer- while Bird has played, he was rather underwhelming, so am prepared to take the risk with Palmer. Really hoping that I don't need to count on the emergencies, and just let them sit there and make some money for me ;)

2. I would say Corey or Roo or Brown out of that lot- risk of thunderstorms up north tonight, so Shaw and Lockyer won't be as effective if it does (Brown may not either, but he could be playing in a tar pit and still make things happen). Cornes will get Goodes tagging him, Milburn won't score as much as Corey IMO, rain in Adelaide might lessen Cox's numbers, and I don't think the Dockers will be able to get the ball down to Pav enough for him to have a big one.

Thanks for the thorough comments - hope the saints can have a win (got dal as a skipper in my other team). Yeah i was thinking palmer as emg and either corey/roo. corey still one of the most underatted players in the AFL, and barely gets tagged (i guess not many teams have 3 taggers - thanks gabblett and bartel) while i can only see waite spoiling roo's parade.

Who else have you got there?
And I agree with Walesly- why get rid of him?

Palvlich, Jetta, Hawkins, Delideo, Didak, Rioli, Hansen, McEvoy

Dunno really why i wanna get rid of him, just think he'll decrease in price and dunno if he'll be good to have after his last weeks performance... Scored 84 but played fairly average..

Thanks for the thorough comments - hope the saints can have a win (got dal as a skipper in my other team). Yeah i was thinking palmer as emg and either corey/roo. corey still one of the most underatted players in the AFL, and barely gets tagged (i guess not many teams have 3 taggers - thanks gabblett and bartel) while i can only see waite spoiling roo's parade.

Cheers- Dal's my captain, but Corey's been knocking on the door the last couple of hours.
Carn the tiges (goes against everything I've learnt in the last couple of years, but I've tipped you two weeks running now!) :eek:

m

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno really why i wanna get rid of him, just think he'll decrease in price and dunno if he'll be good to have after his last weeks performance... Scored 84 but played fairly average..

isnt that a good sign; that he can play an 'average' game and still score close to 100 points? if u still want to trade, i go for someone like richo (can't see any roo defender matching him for height or engine), or giansiracusa just for the vs melb factor.

Jeez dude- you've got a bit of work to do there, yes? :eek:

If you don't listen to Spartan and take O'Keefe (which isn't a bad idea at all), you could grab Buddy or Lloyd.

m

:O Not too much work i dont think munk3mark.. got 2,052 last week which i thought wasn't a bad first round score, being 1 player down and considering alot of my other players i am trying to get cash from..

:O Not too much work i dont think munk3mark.. got 2,052 last week which i thought wasn't a bad first round score, being 1 player down and considering alot of my other players i am trying to get cash from..

I assumed you had strengths in other areas, and you do have some nice cash cows there. To be honest it's a bit like my backline at the moment :D

Good idea to keep Mooney- the defender Dons will have their hands full this week for sure...
m

I assumed you had strengths in other areas, and you do have some nice cash cows there. To be honest it's a bit like my backline at the moment :D

Good idea to keep Mooney- the defender Dons will have their hands full this week for sure...
m

yeah that finalised my decision... have a good weekend everyone and GO CATS!!

however Scott DT is named on an extended bench, not a 100% def starter yet tho. waiting for the roos to update their team.
edit: scott dt out for hansen

I'll bet my left testicle that Thompson will play for the Roos this weekend unless he is injured.

Edit: ignore comment above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back