Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can not wait for season 2008. You guys might play for the competition but I think playing against 15 of your mates is the real fun.

I had the 2nd highest overall score in my league last year and finished 8th (lost grand final). Worst moment came when my Captain (Simon Black) was a late withdraw and I lost by 1 point. Hopefully I won't be the token high scorer/loser this year.

Just wondering about your thought on SUpercoach for next year. I learnt a couple of things that went wrong so i will do them next year. What about you? Any mistkaes this year hat you have learnt from? Who will be a bargain? Who should we stick clear of? Who are certancies?

I learned that Wallet is a bastard after trading Polak for sheer lack of TOG, he then starts playing him as a loose man in defence for the rest of the season. :mad:

More importantly though, I found out how the three-game average works, albeit a bit late for the 2007 season, but did well enough to make the top 500 and win my league. Hoping for an improved showing in 2008.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

supercoach opened at the start od march last season and dream team didnt start until a week before round 1

hopefully both will be open earlier this year :D

and begins a new pre season of research (stretch,yaawn,rubs eyes):eek:

as i clean my white board of all the names ,trades ect ect i realize one name stands out D COX

now the problem is there is only one of him,i had spida for my second ruck but he was very up and down.

i have most of my midfeild roughly worked out but the rucks will be a challenge this year!!

should we buy cox first up ? (i didn't last year)

spida in for a better year ?

i think new low priced up and comers but who ? (avg 80)

$C$

and begins a new pre season of research (stretch,yaawn,rubs eyes):eek:

as i clean my white board of all the names ,trades ect ect i realize one name stands out D COX

now the problem is there is only one of him,i had spida for my second ruck but he was very up and down.

i have most of my midfeild roughly worked out but the rucks will be a challenge this year!!

should we buy cox first up ? (i didn't last year)

spida in for a better year ?

i think new low priced up and comers but who ? (avg 80)

$C$

Which just goes to show that he isn't a necessary option to begin with. SC rucks are pretty poor in general (worse than DT I found), but I think Spider could be a good option. Not sure about up and comers, but perhaps Simmonds to have a better year after last?

Good luck this year Casha, hope you finish 2nd :p:D.

Spider would have been a good pick up 3 years ago, but not now. Too many things working against him such as age etc. The speed of the game has caught up with him which was evident last year. He also has his knee operated on at the end of last season and im not sure if hes back full training yet.

Im looking at, apart from Cox, Simmonds and McIntosh. McIntosh should improve on his impressive 2007. As should Simmo who was injured. The only risk with Simmo is weather his body will hold up. Id be more inclined to go with McIntosh. He had some ripping games last year and will only get better. The only downside with him is his price which i would expect to be around the $420k+ mark.

Spider would have been a good pick up 3 years ago, but not now. Too many things working against him such as age etc. The speed of the game has caught up with him which was evident last year. He also has his knee operated on at the end of last season and im not sure if hes back full training yet.

Im looking at, apart from Cox, Simmonds and McIntosh. McIntosh should improve on his impressive 2007. As should Simmo who was injured. The only risk with Simmo is weather his body will hold up. Id be more inclined to go with McIntosh. He had some ripping games last year and will only get better. The only downside with him is his price which i would expect to be around the $420k+ mark.
what about brad ottens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back