Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys need some help. did DT better then SC last year in my first season. I want to take SC more seriously this year.

any help? im not the best at this scoring sytem.

I went through and went as cheap as i possibly could, with all the bargain players etc.

Once i finished, i had a bucketload of cash left. I just went and upgraded certain players. I finished with a decent team, i fitted Gilbee and Chad Cornes in the backline, Cox in the ruck, Ablett and Kerr in the centre and Brown in the forwardline.

It is important to recognise that the total cap divded by 30 equates to 333K.

Good players to start with are those that cost this or less and play 22 games.

They may not score heavily, but they should be consistent, and more importantly, won't drop much in price.

Players in this range would be

Firrito, Matthews, Egan, Merrett, Higgins, Monfries, Rutten.

It also means you can afford the high priced players.

It is important to recognise that the total cap divded by 30 equates to 333K.

Good players to start with are those that cost this or less and play 22 games.

They may not score heavily, but they should be consistent, and more importantly, won't drop much in price.

Players in this range would be

Firrito, Matthews, Egan, Merrett, Higgins, Monfries, Rutten.

It also means you can afford the high priced players.
Thats the wrong way to go about it. You want players that have the potential to increase on last years from, not stay stable like the player you mentioned. You want to be going for players who had interrupted season due to injury because they most likely will be under priced.

If you use you theory when the game starts you will be sitting around the 15,000 mark.

Fantasy footy is all about taking risks. Theres no risk in taking Rutten who will score you 40 every week.

I can see your point of view, and agree with it in part.

They don't have a tremendous upside in terms of price or points.

However, early on you get a guaranteed game out of them, plus the opportunity to wait and see on the bigger names and how they perform.

Sounds good.

I wish they had an open date though.

Just to give everyone a date to look forward to, i emailed the Herald Sun and they replied that ... "SuperCoach will have presence on the new SuperFooty website from 9th Feb" :D

Just to give everyone a date to look forward to, i emailed the Herald Sun and they replied that ... "SuperCoach will have presence on the new SuperFooty website from 9th Feb" :D
I recieved the exact date that supercoach is opening :D

and am willing to sell that information :p

Need a suggestion...

Lance Franklin or Brad Johnson

Johnson is one of the most consistant performers ever in fantasy footy. His downside is he is getting old.

Franklin has possibly the most upside of the 2008 class. His downside is his consistancy.

Currantly i have Johnson in my team who is 540k. Franklin is 470k.

If i traded Johnson for Franklin it would leave me enough money to upgrade one of my midfielders to a star.

Whats everyones thoughts on this?

I thought the answer would be obvious, no cynicism intended.

Franklin has the bigger upside, and whle risky, his big games are big.

Johnson will probably hold his own but Buddy improved a lot last season.

I will have Franklin in my forward line.

ive been working on my team since last year, just listing potential players in groups: Front line (hight scorers) rookies (cash cows) injured players coming bacj that coulsd be bargins, once SC is opened for the year i will play around with the team have an A plus team that will win the whole thing, well until round one finshes where i see holes the size of the grand canyon inthe team.

copying the idea on the dreamteam thread

what prices are your players?

1-600 k

4-high 500 k

2-mid,low 500 k

4-high 400 k

1-low 400 k

3-300 k

3-200 k

2-high 100 k

4-draftees

4-rookies

0 - 600k

2 - High 500k

5 - Mid - Low 500k

1 - High 400k

5 - Mid - Low 400k

4 - 300k

4 - 200k

1 - High 100k

7 draftees

0 rookies

Interesting comparing the size between the dreamteam thread and this one. I think Supercoach is far superior and enjoyable, yet it pales in popularity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People like DT instead of SC because you have the chance to win $200,000 at the end and also it is run on the AFL website...

So $30,000 and being run by the worst site ever results in approximately 3200 more posts.

I think it's more popular because it has greater awareness and people like to able to calculate the scores in their head.

For me the pricing system and scoring system which rewards contested football and punishes poor disposal makes supercoach a more challenging and engaging fantasy afl game.

Some useless information, but I found it interesting. I tried to do an exact replica of my supercoach team for dreamteam (fanfooty plan team) and fell 235000 DT dollars short. My supercoach team only has $4400 left.

Some useless information, but I found it interesting. I tried to do an exact replica of my supercoach team for dreamteam (fanfooty plan team) and fell 235000 DT dollars short. My supercoach team only has $4400 left.
Its because less quality players are better in that game. Dane Swan is better at DT than Judd but Judd is better at SC. SC rewards quality disposal.

Interesting comparing the size between the dreamteam thread and this one. I think Supercoach is far superior and enjoyable, yet it pales in popularity.

SuperCoach has only been around for a couple of years. You will find the gap between the two competitons will become smaller as time goes on. It takes way more skill to do well SC than it does in DT due to the scoring system in place.

the problem with supercoach is you don't even know what they are basing the scores on. Isn't it true that champion data use over 100 stats to work out the rankings? if so then the game revolves around luck rather than skill.
http://heraldsun1.virtualsports.com.au/help/?p=pointscoring

Try that mate. 19 falls a little short of 100 wouldn't you say?

I think it definitely means you need to think much more about how a player gets the footy, how they dispose of it, what type of marks they take, whether they miss easy shots at goal etc. and not just simple kick, mark, tackle, goal stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back