Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys need some help. did DT better then SC last year in my first season. I want to take SC more seriously this year.

SC.gif

any help? im not the best at this scoring sytem.

any help? im not the best at this scoring sytem.

TBH I'm not the best with SC either, but I'll give you my opinion:

I like the forward line, and I like the rucks, but I think the mids are too cheap (Butler, Coughlan, and Sherman is VERY risky), and from what I here, Raines is too unreliable disposal wise to be a good option.

TBH I'm not the best with SC either, but I'll give you my opinion:

I like the forward line, and I like the rucks, but I think the mids are too cheap (Butler, Coughlan, and Sherman is VERY risky), and from what I here, Raines is too unreliable disposal wise to be a good option.

You cannot sit down and calculate a player's score in SC like you do in DT. It is impossible. There are so many variables and factors that are used to calculate the score. Best thing is to leave it up the the computer. ;)

Apologies if this has been posted b4..but...

SuperCoach, our fantasy football game, will also have significant changes next season. Teams can be entered into three leagues, player rankings will be updated after each game, and there will be a dedicated SuperCoach editor, the opportunity for readers and players to give feedback, and pre-promotion in-paper.

http://www.eservices.com.au/heraldsun/bitesize/email.html

SuperCoach, our fantasy football game, will also have significant changes next season. Teams can be entered into three leagues, player rankings will be updated after each game, and there will be a dedicated SuperCoach editor, the opportunity for readers and players to give feedback, and pre-promotion in-paper.

I'm assuming that will mean something similar when it comes to Dream Team.

Are those changes really significant? :confused:

Hopefully it will result in a lot less people having multiple teams :thumbsu:.
Being able to include one team in three different leagues is a very clever idea. I imagine it will cut down on multiple teams, which means that team rankings will be relatively less impressive in 2008. We'll just have to say "I made the top 500!" instead of mentioning the total number of teams when attempting to brag. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else having trouble finding quality forwards under 500k?

Seems the only good ones are the ones with runs on the board, who are generally the most expensive.

Theres a few bargins, but nothing like the midfield or backline.

Seems the only good ones are the ones with runs on the board, who are generally the most expensive.

I have always found the forward line the hardest position to find players. 4 of my forwards in my preliminary team are under $400,000 however.

Kinda but there are a few to consider mayb not in the "quality" or "back to their best" brackets yet/

N. Brown
Franklin
O'Keefe
Cloke
Didak
Hall

Brad Fisher is also one of my favourites. Can take a contested mark and kicked a decent amount of goals last season. Any news on his pre-season preparation?

looks like my emails and phone calls may have opened somones eyes ??
(althogh i dought it)

i hope the dedicated editor at least does some research before he makes his comments

last year was a disgrace....(i made sure they new it too lol)

my recomendation was to have more comments about the top 100 competitors ect ect the competion is about more than the top 5 or 6
anyone in top 100 can win with 6 weeks to go IMO

Based on last year, I think they're the hardest to find. I plan on spending up on the forwards, as there are more bargains elsewhere. Fev and Hall stand out as bargains.

Based on last year, I think they're the hardest to find. I plan on spending up on the forwards, as there are more bargains elsewhere. Fev and Hall stand out as bargains.
I had Fev last year and did look at him this year but arent too interested. I found he was very inconsistant. One week he would score 130 then the next a 60. This might have something to do with the post season surgery he had on his finger, shoulder and groin.

And i was suckered into getting Hall thinking he was just in a form slump last season and paid for it big time. He should be a good pick up this season providing he is injury free. Check out FanFooty and have a look at his history. Its awesome so hopefully he can bounce back and we can see the Hall of old.

I think Hall will be the monty in everybody's team this year and agree with everything you said Borgy. As for Fev, he definitely played injured and had another attitude meltdown last year. However, with Stevens, Judd, Murphy et al delivering the ball I think he's in for a big year. Buddy would be reqasonable value to and should be starting to add more consistency to his freakish, one-off performances.

Yeah Buddy is an interesting one. ATM i have him in my plan team. My plan is for him to score massive for the first 4 or 5 weeks and his price to sky rocket then trade him off for someone more consistant and have some cash in hand. Maybe for someone like Ablett.

Yeah Buddy is an interesting one. ATM i have him in my plan team. My plan is for him to score massive for the first 4 or 5 weeks and his price to sky rocket then trade him off for someone more consistant and have some cash in hand. Maybe for someone like Ablett.

I'm hoping the opposite, that he has 4 or 5 bad games and drops heaps in price then pick him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back