Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to see what everyone's thoughts are on this team. $85,900 left over.

SCTeam.jpg

shocking backline

but good midfield

great forwards

shocking backline

but good midfield

great forwards

Yeah, I'm sacrificing the backline for the chance for a better midfield and forward line - where the real points are. Still, it's a solid backline, just not spectacular. Bradshaw and Gram should be good for some points.

Yeah, I'm sacrificing the backline for the chance for a better midfield and forward line - where the real points are. Still, it's a solid backline, just not spectacular. Bradshaw and Gram should be good for some points.

sorry to be rude, but it aint even that

its woeful

tactic might pay off for you though, stacking the middies and forwards, just hope you don't get too many injuries in those key spots, or you're done

My friend, it is not even solid. It is extremely weak. And if you think of all the cheap posessions backmen get, thus heaps of SC points...you should also rethink your "where the real points are statement".

Honestly, take out some of the big names and bolster your backs because in 6 rounds time, you'll wish you had!

My friend, it is not even solid. It is extremely weak. And if you think of all the cheap posessions backmen get, thus heaps of SC points...you should also rethink your "where the real points are statement".

Honestly, take out some of the big names and bolster your backs because in 6 rounds time, you'll wish you had!

Nah, I'd rather take a punt and go for big scores. You've got to take a risk to be in with a chance, and if it fails so be it. The last 5 years I've had even spreads of players and done well, but never threatened the top of the leaderboard.

That being said I have traded Fev for Hall and Selwood for N. Jones which freed up cash to upgrade Petterd to R. Hargraves.

Interested to see what everyone's thoughts are on this team. $85,900 left over.

SCTeam.jpg

Your entire backline is worth about 200 points a game total and your forwards and mids aren't even that well stacked as compensation. Put it this way - your best defender is my 5th best. In fact 5 out of your 7 defenders wouldn't even be guaranteed of starting round 1. Sorry mate, you gotta rethink this team.

This may sound like a dumb question but I cant find an answer for it on the SC site. I have never played SC before and Im not sure on the salary cap. I have picked my team and have $900 left, if a lot of my players increase in value during the season do I have to trade players to remain under the cap or does the price only apply for when you buy them?

Also what are peoples thought on Bock (adel) V Ryder (ess).

The real points are in the backline buddy. They are the most consistant of all the positions.

And to be honest, your midfield and forwards suck. Your rucks are your best position but they are the same as everyone elses.

This may sound like a dumb question but I cant find an answer for it on the SC site. I have never played SC before and Im not sure on the salary cap. I have picked my team and have $900 left, if a lot of my players increase in value during the season do I have to trade players to remain under the cap or does the price only apply for when you buy them?

Also what are peoples thought on Bock (adel) V Ryder (ess).
The latter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, I'd rather take a punt and go for big scores. You've got to take a risk to be in with a chance, and if it fails so be it. The last 5 years I've had even spreads of players and done well, but never threatened the top of the leaderboard.

That being said I have traded Fev for Hall and Selwood for N. Jones which freed up cash to upgrade Petterd to R. Hargraves.

Yes there are risks you have to take, but these are calculated risks. Not including the guns you have 7 or 8 players in there (even with your changes, Hall/Thomo/Burton etc) that have the ability to score 150 points in any week...but in reality they only will score big every 3-4 weeks or so, therefore to get them all scoring big in one round, a chance in a million Pumpy!

IMO you need to find the hidden jems in midfield. Yes you can stick with your Abletts your Cornes your Priddis.Its great to have them in your side but you must look for the gems. Someone who many people wont pick for intence a Clinton Young or a Matt Rosa or possibly even a Van Berlo

Thoughts on this team...

BACKS:
Shaw
Gram
Birchall
King
Mundy
Hurn
Barlow

Hansen
Taylor

MIDFIELDERS
Ablett
Judd
Stanton
Kelly
Schammer
Houli

Palmer
Bird

RUCKS
Cox
Simmonds

Graham
Hampson

Forwards
Riewoldt
Brown
Fevola
Mooney
Porpleyzia
Tredrea
Tippet

Rioli
J Edwards

Hey guys, this is my current SuperCoach team. I'm not happy with it at the moment - I just can't get things working.

I'm trying to get rid of Bartram and Jetta ASAP. All thoughts, comments and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Nice team you have done well
Tho
You could get rid of buddy and upgrade a bartram or Jetta
Needa maybe downgrade a midfielder maybe Jones or S.Thompson
N.Thomson wont do anything special

What of this team;

Backs
Chad Cornes
Lindsay Gilbee
Dean Solomon
Nathan Bock