Heritage Round Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Because they see value in an unchanged tradition of wearing Black and White stripes for a long time.
Like Essendon there is a marketing value associated with it being unchanged over time.

They weakened their brand with the various Away jumpers they used which were still Black and White stripes, but had all manner of logos on them.
Now they've decided to stay with the one thing people associate with Collingwood. (Apart from losing Grand Finals)

Take an insurance company for instance. They might align themselves with Collingwood (Or Essendon) simply because they can say "we've been a trusted commodity in the marketplace for x numbers of years, just like this has been unchanged for the same ammount of time."
Or some other commodity. Vegemite for instance, which has been around forever.
If marketing your brand focuses on an unchanging nature, then these clubs are at an advantage in the martketplace.
And changing it for a couple of grand in jumper sales doesn't make economic sense.
Mate can you see any differences to the Heritage Geelong guernsey? It doesn't appear to have any.

Top idea. It probably could be any jumper from any competition in the State and the proceeds go back to that competition.

I reckon the Eagles could have done something like that this year. During the 70's WAFL side Perth were the team to beat. IIRC they won two GF's on the trot and got beaten in the 3rd. They were real trendsetters in their style of play.

The Eagles could easily have worn their colours (red and Black) and for one weekend been known as the Perth Eagles. But no the big heads who want to be known as the West Australian Eagles and forever tarnishing our SOO jumper.

Oi Dugrene; not every Freo supports one of the Freo teams. The idea of the
Eagles wearing my beloved Demons jumper fills me with dread. Saying that, if there could be a transferance of Perths inherent crapness into the Eagles playing style I'd be all for it. I'd very much enjoy West Coast bumping around the bottom of the AFL for eternity. :D :DLike Perth do. :(:(:(

Mate can you see any differences to the Heritage Geelong guernsey? It doesn't appear to have any.

No, I don't see any.

They could have made the Collar and Cuffs White, or they could have dropped the little GFC logo from the front, but from the pic on aflphotos.com at the Press Release, they haven't.
So it seems to be exactly the same as they wore last week.

No, I don't see any.

They could have made the Collar and Cuffs White, or they could have dropped the little GFC logo from the front, but from the pic on aflphotos.com at the Press Release, they haven't.
So it seems to be exactly the same as they wore last week.
Yeah. And they haven't replaced the AFL logo with a special one like they did last year either. Cheers buddy.

Hey Mero - sorry if this has been brought up before - but I'm sure you'll have noticed that our heritage jumper isn't really complete (as was the case last year) - we lack the black cuffs and collars. A similar thing's occurred with our normal jumper since the NAB Cup last year, when we dropped the white off the collar. Do you have any ideas why this hasn't been used? I know the material of the top has changed, but surely it's not hard to include the black collar around the arms...

Hey Mero - sorry if this has been brought up before - but I'm sure you'll have noticed that our heritage jumper isn't really complete (as was the case last year) - we lack the black cuffs and collars. A similar thing's occurred with our normal jumper since the NAB Cup last year, when we dropped the white off the collar. Do you have any ideas why this hasn't been used? I know the material of the top has changed, but surely it's not hard to include the black collar around the arms...
Just the make of the adidas jumpers.
Adelaide is the same. They have no cuffs either.

As for why they changed the collar neck bar thing, it used to be white, and was the same width as the stripes, however, with the new cut of the adidas jumpers it is now slightly thinner than the middle white stripe. So the impact of the stripe going right up to the collar is diminished.
So they've dropped it all together.

Why don't all the clubs adopt a club from their local competition for the season and during the Heritage round, they wear that clubs jumper, with all proceeds from the sale, either going back to the local club or going back to their league.
don't know if this has been said, CBF reading whole thread -
how about if a team wore a leagues interleague jumper, and the proceeds from the sales or whatever go to the league to evenly distribute between the teams and league.

Hard Yakka should at least have made all the kits for this round, as they were the ones responsible for all team kits and the infamous tight shorts.

Speaking of wich, when was the last time the tight short was worn? You know the classic short with the button and the elastic material?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go the whole way and have the old VFL logo and the old sponsors too. Eg: Carlton = AVCO, Essendon = Don Smallgoods or Nubrik.

What about these suggestions for future Heritage rounds:

* Fremantle - rotate the East & South Freo jumpers each year.

* WCE - Rotate the non-Fremantle bases WAFL sides jumpers each year.

* Adelaide - As per West Coast, but with the SANFL sides.

I also agree with the suggestion of calling Sydney (Sth Melb), Brisbane (Fitzroy), Western Bulldogs (Footscray) and Kangaroos (North Melb).

Go the whole way and have the old VFL logo and the old sponsors too. Eg: Carlton = AVCO, Essendon = Don Smallgoods or Nubrik.

What about these suggestions for future Heritage rounds:

* Fremantle - rotate the East & South Freo jumpers each year.

* WCE - Rotate the non-Fremantle bases WAFL sides jumpers each year.

* Adelaide - As per West Coast, but with the SANFL sides.

I also agree with the suggestion of calling Sydney (Sth Melb), Brisbane (Fitzroy), Western Bulldogs (Footscray) and Kangaroos (North Melb).

Has anyone heard what Collingwoods official stance is on Adelaide (NOT PORT) wearing black and white stripes as part of its heritage strip? And they must be on there if it the colours of all SANFL clubs are on the jumper.

I don't think we will have a Heritage Round next year, or at least definitely not in the same model as this year and last.

I think this will be the last as well. Sadly for Port they just got permission to wear their jumpers in all Home Heritage Round Games and now they have signed an agreement, when it is scrapped any chance of wearing their traditional jumper will be gone.

Just the make of the adidas jumpers.
Adelaide is the same. They have no cuffs either.

As for why they changed the collar neck bar thing, it used to be white, and was the same width as the stripes, however, with the new cut of the adidas jumpers it is now slightly thinner than the middle white stripe. So the impact of the stripe going right up to the collar is diminished.
So they've dropped it all together.

Thanks Mero.

It makes the white jumper look a little too white, though. But I'm picky.

does anyone have any pictures of this weeks jumpers?

Page 2

FWIW I am a West Perth supporter but will be happy to see Freo honouring the East Freo 1979 premiership side on the weekend. Ironic how they beat South Freo who are red & white and we play Sydney this weekend.;)

Don't even want to talk about WCE wearing the formerly revered and respected state jumper.:mad: My pops 1948 state jumper will never be the same.:thumbsdown:

You've managed to miss the point entirely.

So as a West Perth / Dockers supporter you have no issue with the Dockers using East Fremantle's jumper? Of course not, you have no ties to East Freo or love or respect for their jumper. And of course you then go and criticise the Eagles over using the W.A jumper?

Would you be happier if the Eagles wore West Perth's jumper?

http://www.aflphotos.com.au/search/results/?q=collection:AFL%20Media%20-%202007%20Heritage%20Round%20Launch%20030707%20(LC)

10080.jpg

Like the look of the Roy's Jumper.

Are Collingwood even worrying about a Heritage Jumper this year, there is no pictures of their jumper on the above link?

Fremantle - rotate the East & South Freo jumpers each year.

WCE - Rotate the non-Fremantle bases WAFL sides jumpers each year.

Just to really throw a cat Amongst the Pigeons :

How about the Eagles play their Heritage games for the Following years against .......... and wear the .............. WAFL Jumper:

2008 v Essendon and wear the Perth Jumper
2009 v Collingwood and wear the Swan Districts Stripes.
2010 v Hawthorn and Go for the 1980's Subi Strip ( Maroon & Gold Stripes)
2011 v Richmond - the Claremont 1980's Jumper ( Navy Blue with Gold Stripe)

At least the Royals would not clash ( Best Jumper in WAFL) .... and the Thunder and Falcons jumper clashes with itself !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Heritage Round Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back