HFNL 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Good early call on Myles. Not sure where he would be dragging the 3 others from, after speaking with an old North stalwart this morning at the local milk bar they are confident it wouldn't be from there. Apparently not the most popular of players at the club. They also said Myles had been speaking of taking the Portland job for weeks. He wanted the Eagles job but couldn't be promised it would be his. Dignan is a great signing. On the way up the Tigers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Heard the same thing - not sure North did their homework before signing him last year. (Portland ?) Does anyone know if ASADA do country football ????????? :)

Heard the same thing - not sure North did their homework before signing him last year. (Portland ?) Does anyone know if ASADA do country football ????????? :)

Well it's cost them a few $$ that's just flown the nest and no flag to show. After watching him in Prelim Final I'm not sure what the hype was.

Heard that Warrnambool aren't resting on their laurels and are chasing a couple of quality players. Still have to land them though (which is the hard part).

Heard that Warrnambool aren't resting on their laurels and are chasing a couple of quality players. Still have to land them though (which is the hard part).

No doubt. Losing a few to Uni and overseas travel so they will need to land a couple. Port Fairy is the sleeper, have had interviews with two interleague reps this season as prospective players for next season.

Today's word is Karl Dwyer could be ending his long and successful HFNL career at Koroit and heading off to Coach Merrivale in the Wbool District League.

Just spoke to another passer by who has suggested Koroit veteran Joe McLaren has been offered a very attractive package to coach Dennington.

Maskell Medallist Rhys Raymond is known to be back in Warrnambool for next season. Every club in Warrnambool will be calling him, but I would hazard a guess that Koroit, Port Fairy, and district league clubs Merrivale and Panmure will be the one of the clubs he lands at on a very good package.

Just spoke to another passer by who has suggested Koroit veteran Joe McLaren has been offered a very attractive package to coach Dennington.

Maskell Medallist Rhys Raymond is known to be back in Warrnambool for next season. Every club in Warrnambool will be calling him, but I would hazard a guess that Koroit, Port Fairy, and district league clubs Merrivale and Panmure will be the one of the clubs he lands at on a very good package.

If Ryhs is going to play Hampden League on big $$$ he would want to play a fair bit better than he did at GWSP this season. Perhaps he is now more of a WDFL player where at least he can give some value.

Agreed, he played very well under the Warrnambool game plan and lucked out with a Maskell Medal because of a very low count. Isn't as great as the hype suggests.

One clubs coaching ranks that are quiet at the moment is North Warrnambool. They have made contact with quite a few people as playing coaches and/or non playing coaches but hasn't been much chat about who is the front runner. Been a few knock backs by people contacted apparently. The interesting rumour was that Haynes was in fact invited to apply for the position again but chucked a sort of tantrum about the possibility of being overlooked and quit so it was on his own terms. Interesting times at the eagles.

Great to see Scott Carter reappointed at the Blues, the man has done everything right so far so it was the only right thing to do. Reward for hard work Tilty. Bring home another in 2014.

Good to see we get the whispers right sometimes on this forum.

Karl Dwyer from Koroit is confirmed as the new coach for Merrivale in the District League.

Simon O'Keefe won't be returning to Hampden League with the official announcement he will coach Panmure again

And as predicted by another big footy member 'clocktower' , Matthew 'Pud' Irving will return to coaching Terang Mortlake with Chris Bant as his assistant crossing back from Panmure.

Agree H.M - this forum is currently just about running at 100% accuracy (unheard of ?) I also note not much news coming from Cobden - only that they are also finding it hard to attract any major interest in their coaching position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree H.M - this forum is currently just about running at 100% accuracy (unheard of ?) I also note not much news coming from Cobden - only that they are also finding it hard to attract any major interest in their coaching position.

Nothing like only reporting rumours with substance. I have still been hearing Joe Dare is the front runner for the Cobden position unless someone throws their hat into the ring that is top notch.
Cobden lost another player, Adam Courtney has left to coach in Colac.

Hi HampdenMad I've enjoyed the posts all year I love that your not afraid to tell it how it is.

Couple of things: Surely Myles to Portland is nothing but bad for them? Couldn't stand up in a big final for North and isn't well liked? Three clubs in three years has to tell you something about a person.

My word is also Rhys Raymond has signed to play with Warrnambool next year.

Ben Mugavin on the move? Is he a worthy pick up for anyone?

Hi HampdenMad I've enjoyed the posts all year I love that your not afraid to tell it how it is.

Couple of things: Surely Myles to Portland is nothing but bad for them? Couldn't stand up in a big final for North and isn't well liked? Three clubs in three years has to tell you something about a person.

My word is also Rhys Raymond has signed to play with Warrnambool next year.

Ben Mugavin on the move? Is he a worthy pick up for anyone?

Thanks heaps MFooty, I just try to tell the truth rather than fluff around the edges.

Rhys Raymond is a big call, he once said he would never return to the Blues. I would be very happy to have him return. But the information here has been pretty good so I will take that as good info, and that is a great pick up for the Blues and for Andrew McCarthy, but not so for Rob Bright who may find himself out of the ruck spot.

Jake Myles, your spot on about 3 clubs in 3 years but it's actually 3 clubs in 1 year to be precise. And yes that's telling a story. Interesting that he isn't well liked though, I have also heard the same.

Ben Mugavin leaving South Warrnambool would be a coup? A Mugavin walking out of South is rare, especially a son of Noel! Has a little bit of talent but yet to really shine in my opinion. Worth a shot.

Thanks for the post MFooty. Always welcome new members and new posts. How right u are will show in near future.

Love your faith H.M - Unfortunately only one direction to head from the current "heady heights" I will make some inquiries over that way tomorrow to see if there is some validity. Some pretty good oil so far though.

Hampden Mad appreciate you posts and have enjoyed them all year.. Someone that has spoken to a few at North Wbool, I think your comments on Myles are a little off the mark. Yes he has been with 3 clubs in a year but if you speak to people in Hamilton he should never of been sacked in the first place and are regretting that decision. He came to North Wbool won their best and fairest and from what I here was a great help to Haynes. Was also staggered to here that he would travel down twice a week from Hamilton to training. I know the club is sad to see him leave but they knew he wanted to coach and when an opportunity presented itself to coach Portland he took it with clubs best wishes. So I don't know how you can question him as a person?

Hampden Mad appreciate you posts and have enjoyed them all year.. Someone that has spoken to a few at North Wbool, I think your comments on Myles are a little off the mark. Yes he has been with 3 clubs in a year but if you speak to people in Hamilton he should never of been sacked in the first place and are regretting that decision. He came to North Wbool won their best and fairest and from what I here was a great help to Haynes. Was also staggered to here that he would travel down twice a week from Hamilton to training. I know the club is sad to see him leave but they knew he wanted to coach and when an opportunity presented itself to coach Portland he took it with clubs best wishes. So I don't know how you can question him as a person?

Thanks Matt22, appreciate the feedback. Yeah you have all valid points. I try not to make judgement on anything rather just pass on the information I hear. I can promise you also I have spoken to North Warrnambool members who have brought up indiscretions I choose not to air because this isn't a vindictive forum. It's a place for opinions yes but balanced opinion. If you say that the Myles situation is different to what I have heard then I am happy to take notice. But as always there is differing opinions in each club. Good post Matt22. Keep adding as you please.

H.M I too have heard some disturbing after hours activities attributed to J.Myles - you have done the right thing by not airing them on this forum. It also seems D.Haynes had some issues (??) that caused some irrational behavior at times. Joe Dare won't be coaching the Bombers - Trunk Hammond is firming as favourite as the Bombers (despite much searching) find it hard to get any interest.

H.M I too have heard some disturbing after hours activities attributed to J.Myles - you have done the right thing by not airing them on this forum. It also seems D.Haynes had some issues (??) that caused some irrational behavior at times. Joe Dare won't be coaching the Bombers - Trunk Hammond is firming as favourite as the Bombers (despite much searching) find it hard to get any interest.
Unfortunately a lot of the rumours that originated about Myles were started by people from the Hamilton side of the merger, and to my knowledge had little substance..... However the ones making the noise were able to convince the people in power at the Kangaroo's that he had to go........ The decision to sack Myles could have led to a max exodus (a number of the senior group from the Imperials side were on the verge of walking out after the way his sacking was handled). The way Jake handled the sacking was admirable. I am unaware of any wrongdoings since he went to the Eagles, so I certainly couldn't comment on that. But I congratulate him on taking the Portland job, rather than potentially putting in for and not winning the North job..... To my understanding he was up front from the start that he wanted a coaching job in 2014. He was a very good coach for Imperials in 2012.

Remove this Banner Ad

HFNL 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back