Hird is the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by BomberBen
James Hird is one of the best players (if not, the best) in the AFL going around right now.

How people can argue with that is just ridiculous.

Yes...james hird is one of the best PERFORMING player in the AFL at the moment (though Tredrea would have every right to lay claim to that title aswell imo)

Is he the best player in the AFL....NO!

Originally posted by SydneyBomber
Yes, it's that damnable 'essendon hype' (TM) right?
;)
I reckon so. He might be in the best form of Hird, Voss and Buckley now, but to extrapolate that to mean that he is either a) the best player in the league or b) has the best form of any player in the league is a bit of a stretch.

I think you'll find that either Ben Cousins or Michael Voss are better captains.

Voss battles through injury and constant medical treatment to keep playing, and has captained his team to 3 straight flags, which Hird has not.

Cousins is the best player in his team, rarely has a bad game, tends not to suffer injuries and does not publicly embarrass himself, his club or the AFL with a spoilt-brat attitude.

Don't get me wrong, I will grudgingly admit Hird is very good, but he is most definitely not the best.

Lexy

The "Face of Umpiring" (while a bit of a loser the way he went at McLaren) is clearly close to the best -if not the best going round so far this season! Brownlow's in the bag!

Interesting how people people are saying it's only because Voss and Bucks are injured, but didn't Hird lose the title of best (in the media) during his injury plagued 01 and 02 ? Best player going around, don't worry about that.

Originally posted by Macpie
The "Face of Umpiring" (while a bit of a loser the way he went at McLaren) is clearly close to the best -if not the best going round so far this season! Brownlow's in the bag!
Actually it would be quite ironic if the "Face of Umpiring" won the Brownlow now wouldn't it?

Hird has been sensational thse past few weeks. I have always rated Voss above Hird, but the past couple of games he has really closed what little gap there was between the two.

Originally posted by LexyBaluca
I think you'll find that either Ben Cousins or Michael Voss are better captains.

Voss battles through injury and constant medical treatment to keep playing, and has captained his team to 3 straight flags, which Hird has not.

Cousins is the best player in his team, rarely has a bad game, tends not to suffer injuries and does not publicly embarrass himself, his club or the AFL with a spoilt-brat attitude.

Don't get me wrong, I will grudgingly admit Hird is very good, but he is most definitely not the best.

Lexy

Then again he doesn't get into punch ups at training with one of his team mates because they're shagging his sister either. Top effort that.

So you judge a man by how many premierships he's won.
So I suppose Paul Roos was crap then? Or maybe Robbie Flower?

As for the spoilt brat remark, a cheap shot. Why don't YOU show some class. Idiot.

Hird and Voss can do what no other players in the AFL can. Reverse the fortunes of their teams on their own when the team is down. That is win ball on their own, setup other players for goals and attacking plays and kick goals against the odds when required. Players like Buckley Cousins etc cant and dont do these things consistently. I cant seperate these 2 players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by the_buzz
Hird and Voss can do what no other players in the AFL can. Reverse the fortunes of their teams on their own when the team is down. That is win ball on their own, setup other players for goals and attacking plays and kick goals against the odds when required. Players like Buckley Cousins etc cant and dont do these things consistently. I cant seperate these 2 players.
maybe you should watch a little closer. that is EXACTKY what Cousins did recently against the Doggies. absolutely sensational!

Voss battles through injury and constant medical treatment to keep playing
And Hird never has?

Spoilt brat? Hahaha. You're worse than macpie...

Jim's yet to fall down stairs at a pub and broken his arm. Mark of a great captain...

Originally posted by M29
And Hird never has?

Spoilt brat? Hahaha. You're worse than macpie...

ya gotta admit M - despite the media spin Captain Marvel did syte in his nest a bit over the umpire dummy spit. still doesn't seem to have done his form much harm. maybe he should squeal more often?

Originally posted by Macpie

That killed you, didn't it?

Originally posted by bOmBeR_BoY1
That killed you, didn't it?

not really - never questioned his ability just his values in regards to umpires and his courage in attacking one in the media. Certainly not over-rated os a player FoU but sometimes seems his character may be

Hird was dumb and thoughtless in his desire to lift Essendon and could be said to have deviated from the straight and narrow during the Mclaren episode..
Prior to and subsequent of this his character is of good standing. We all make mistakes Macpie, like you in electing to barrack for Collingwood. Imagine if you hadn't chosen Collingwood, you wouldn't be a sook:)

Originally posted by bOmBeR_BoY1
You have got to be absolutely kidding me?
You would have to be a West Coast supporter? A very one eyed one at that.

Ironic statement coming from a Bummers supporter. It is my experience that Bummers supporters make Collingwood supporters look even handed and fair.

Lexy

yeh being a brisbane supporter, i reckon hirdy and vossy are 10 classes above the rest anyway. But hirdy is playing brilliantly this year and i agree, is a good chance for the brownlow. but there also lots of other players playing really well at the moment so although he does seem to be the best at the moment, not necessarily a brownlow certainty yet.

Ironic statement coming from a Bummers supporter. It is my experience that Bummers supporters make Collingwood supporters look even handed and fair.

Lexy

Yet my question remains unanswered...

Great comeback there, Lexy!

Lexy

Just answer the question ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird is the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back