Hird to return to Essendon in August

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh but see 2 fans or 1% changes the scenario dramatically from the 80% you went with. Why would we go to the Bay? You've already conceded. :D

You clearly think you are winning some sort of contest, something to do with how many Essendon fans turn up to games. Oddly I was never interested in this aspect, my interest was the potential danger of Hird's return. Winning a fight vrs no opposition. Whatever makes you feel like you are big man I guess, and I suppose it works as deflection from the real issue.

No opposition? Who's having no opposition?

Your troll was Hird would have thousands of non Essendon supporters abusing him. I pointed out the number will be much less then you claimed. Obviously you were exaggerating to really maximise your point. I get that.

Just don't get shitty, like you are, because someone called you out on your exaggeration.

wont it be a non-event. Will be sitting beside Little in either the bleechers or a corporate box. will he even step foot on turf? 50/50. Wont most of facetime be in a studio with commentators so he can control it.

Jimmy could not control it if a crowd turns on him. Even with all the promotion posters A3 size #cheer4Hird

or #herd4chancheerheard

Has Jimmy done something to offend you?

a big YES from me...
can't believe what he has done to our game..and to think his so called punshment is a year off with a million bucks! crikey!
i will never go to a game he is associated with again...simple as that!
absolutely detest the man with everything i have now...egomaniac who thinks he's above the league itself!!
respected the man as a player and commentator for some time, not one iotta of that within me anymore.

Your troll was Hird would have thousands of non Essendon supporters abusing him. I pointed out the number will be much less then you claimed. Obviously you were exaggerating to really maximise your point. I get that.

Just don't get shitty, like you are, because someone called you out on your exaggeration.

Fighting shadows, the only way you can win I guess. And avoiding quoting in the hope that you get no reply. Weak

Exaggeration aside, the context of the post you took exception still stands. Hard to not accept that a large portion of the crowd will be booing Hird every time he walks onto the ground and in, an away game, the boos are likely to outweigh the cheers.

The post stated that (paraphrasing) it has the potential to get very ugly between the lovers and the haters, I reckon I'd not want to sit anywhere that I wasn't surrounded by my own fellow supporters. Not that I'd be booing, that's not my style, but I certainly wouldn't want to get caught in the middle of two angry camps. Bit like days of yore at soccer games.

Not sure that all EFC supporters will be cheering too loudly either, there seems to be a growing number who are prepared (even on this board) to say they don't want him back.

I don't give a rats if Hird returns if he and the club are ultimately exonerated but to bring him back while the case is still open is, not only thumbing your nose at authority, but risking the potential for violence within the crowd, even if only in isolated pockets.

wont it be a non-event. Will be sitting beside Little in either the bleechers or a corporate box. will he even step foot on turf? 50/50. Wont most of facetime be in a studio with commentators so he can control it.

Jimmy could not control it if a crowd turns on him. Even with all the promotion posters A3 size #cheer4Hird

or #herd4chancheerheard

Hird refusing to come down to the Qtr time huddle for fear of the bad things people would shout at him would be a massive loss of face.

Exaggeration aside, the context of the post you took exception still stands. Hard to not accept that a large portion of the crowd will be booing Hird every time he walks onto the ground and in, an away game, the boos are likely to outweigh the cheers.

The post stated that (paraphrasing) it has the potential to get very ugly between the lovers and the haters, I reckon I'd not want to sit anywhere that I wasn't surrounded by my own fellow supporters. Not that I'd be booing, that's not my style, but I certainly wouldn't want to get caught in the middle of two angry camps. Bit like days of yore at soccer games.

Not sure that all EFC supporters will be cheering too loudly either, there seems to be a growing number who are prepared (even on this board) to say they don't want him back.

I don't give a rats if Hird returns if he and the club are ultimately exonerated but to bring him back while the case is still open is, not only thumbing your nose at authority, but risking the potential for violence within the crowd, even if only in isolated pockets.

True

But some Hird fanbois would prefer to deflect unto the unimportant than face the truth.

Last edited:

We guarantee that he will have 75% against him when he plays at Adelaide Oval against the Power or Crows.

disagree. bomber wont want him at quarter time, and is unnecessary risk

I think Bomber would want him around on match day. Clearly the players love him and he can motivate them. His return will give a boost to the players. Thompson will still be the coach for every game this season.

I personally would like Thompson to be the coach next year with Hird his head assistant. Then have Hird take over the following year with Thompson going back to the senior assistant role. Craig will continue to coach the coaches and "oversee" the sports science department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Bomber would want him around on match day. Clearly the players love him and he can motivate them. His return will give a boost to the players. Thompson will still be the coach for every game this season.

I personally would like Thompson to be the coach next year with Hird his head assistant. Then have Hird take over the following year with Thompson going back to the senior assistant role. Craig will continue to coach the coaches and "oversee" the sports science department.
nup. not right. 24 months back, yes. not now

Exaggeration aside, the context of the post you took exception still stands.
Except I took exception to the exaggeration. Which Baldur has conceded on.

So what exactly are we talking about?

disagree. bomber wont want him at quarter time, and is unnecessary risk
The golden one will probably take his children out on to the ground to shield him from booing.

Cue Robbo running a story about how disgraceful it was that Hird's kids were subjected to a righteous booing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The golden one will probably take his children out on to the ground to shield him from booing.

Cue Robbo running a story about how disgraceful it was that Hird's kids were subjected to a righteous booing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

images

images

images

Bonus points if you remember the movie. :)

Except I took exception to the exaggeration. Which Baldur has conceded on.

So what exactly are we talking about?

My bad, I thought the thread was about Hird returning and the implications of that. If, indeed, it is about the percentage of boos to cheers we may need to wait for his return and get one of those noise analyser thingys that they use to judge those stupid shows on TV.

My bad, I thought the thread was about Hird returning and the implications of that. If, indeed, it is about the percentage of boos to cheers we may need to wait for his return and get one of those noise analyser thingys that they use to judge those stupid shows on TV.
:D Nice sarcasm. It is about that and I was happy to discuss that. Still am infact.

I made one little comment and Baldur started angrily stabbing at his keyboard with tear filled eyes that I dare have a little dig at St Kilda and now its escalated into him calling me weak etc after conceding my small tiny insignificant even original point, that he decided to sook about, was infact correct.

Weird world sometimes isn't it?

:D Nice sarcasm. It is about that and I was happy to discuss that. Still am infact.

I made one little comment and Baldur started angrily stabbing at his keyboard with tear filled eyes that I dare have a little dig at St Kilda and now its escalated into him calling me weak etc after conceding my small tiny insignificant even original point, that he decided to sook about, was infact correct.

Weird world sometimes isn't it?

Sarcasm eh.

Just had a quick look at your posts in this thread and I cannot find one where you have discussed that. Most, if not all, of your posts have been just digs at those who may think that the competition is not yet ready for a Hird return. Matter of fact about 60% of your posts are in some way related to the percentage of boos to cheers predicted by Baldur. Do you see any irony in my sarcastic use of percentages?

Can't see that you are adding much to this thread.

Why don't you actually tell us why it is in all our interests for Hird to return before the investigations are complete?

Weird 60% of my posts are in response to peoples incorrect exaggerations. I'd have been happy with one post but old mate got sooky.

Where have I said Hird should return? I was only interested when. Also try to keep in mind that old mate brought up what will happen. My response was simple, nah the majority wont boo him IF it is the GC game.

Hence why 60% relate to % exaggeration by old mate and the rest, I'm presuming, replying to people by you who attack and demand I contribute. Which in itself is ironic yeah? :D

Weird 60% of my posts are in response to peoples incorrect exaggerations. I'd have been happy with one post but old mate got sooky.

Where have I said Hird should return? I was only interested when. Also try to keep in mind that old mate brought up what will happen. My response was simple, nah the majority wont boo him IF it is the GC game.

Hence why 60% relate to % exaggeration by old mate and the rest, I'm presuming, replying to people by you who attack and demand I contribute. Which in itself is ironic yeah? :D

I presume that is "people like me" and I wasn't demanding, in fact I was inviting you to contribute because, in your previous post, you said you were happy to actually discuss the return of Hird. If you don't have an opinion that's fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird to return to Essendon in August

Remove this Banner Ad

Back