Hird v Buckley - Fancy a re-appraisal anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Holiday's you say lockyer? Dont worry champ, James wont discriminate and will try to help Neon "No Eddie im not Mr Magic but faaaar from it" Leon Davis, James "Im still having nightmares about Hird" Clement, Mark "one game wonder" McGoffy, Alan "yes my head is completely square" Didak, Lokan (who is he?), Ryan "yes I have no balls" Lonie and Shane "what a waste of money" woewoeful become not footballers, but footballers a$$holes!

Originally posted by peruka
Holiday's you say lockyer? Dont worry champ, James wont discriminate and will try to help Neon "No Eddie im not Mr Magic but faaaar from it" Leon Davis, James "Im still having nightmares about Hird" Clement, Mark "one game wonder" McGoffy, Alan "yes my head is completely square" Didak, Lokan (who is he?), Ryan "yes I have no balls" Lonie and Shane "what a waste of money" woewoeful become not footballers, but footballers a$$holes!

That's a pretty good assessment there!:cool:

If James Hird can back it up with a good game next week than I will be impressed. Hird is still easily the most overrated player of the modern era in my book. First goom game the guy has played in years.

Hird is still easily the most overrated player of the modern era
I can confirm, with pleasure mind you that the "Jerkoff" of the year award was been won hands down by this loser!

If Hird is the most over rated of the modern era, then who are your so called champs? Leon "Mr Magic" Neon?

Hird, in my opinion is very very overrated. That is an opinion held by many. One good game in five years won't change that. Until he string a few good games together I will be impressed.

Originally posted by M29
Were you in a coma for the 2000 Grand Final?

No he was too busy contemplating how a team with a player as good as Buckley had missed the finals for the sixth year in a row.:eek:

Originally posted by Mightypies
Hird, in my opinion is very very overrated. That is an opinion held by many. One good game in five years won't change that. Until he string a few good games together I will be impressed.

True. Recent example last match. I'm sure somebody else kicked 1 more goal than him, and another the same amount as him. And neither of the others kicked their 3, in the last quarter slaughterthon. They kicked 'em when it was to be won. Didn't see any "King Lloyd the 2nd" stuff in the papers though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Squeak
James Hird's best game since 1996.

If I, as a neutral, may intrude on this childish Collingwood versus Essendon bitchfest, that remark is total bollocks.

Yes Hird has had some bad injuries and missed a lot of games. But when he plays - and he's played a lot - he is usually quite brilliant in multiple positions. Yes, people remember the 2000 flag year, but let's take a "nothing" H&A game last year against the West Coast Eagles at the House of Pain, Subiaco Oval. Essendon were duly thrashed by the resurgent home team - and did we cheer them home.

One man stood in the Eagles way that afternoon - James Hird. He was magnificent, brave, hard-working, versatile, fast, skilful, tough, popping up all over the field to help out his undermanned team. He would uncannily appear where the ball was about to be kicked by the Eagles. We may not like him, but we respect his ability to play.

Buckley is a very good player and an accumulator, but less damaging and less versatile than Hird.

Originally posted by peruka
I base that on being there and seeing it live! He did nothing but hang 1metre off the pack getting the easy touches. And you mean to tell me Buckley's possessions were quality? Granted he did get the ball, but what did he do with it? Where did those kicks go? Are you happy to see him get 39 touches yet kick the ball to positions where it didnt advantage his team? Give me a break, dont you think enough receivers have have been pumped up by the media? Its amazing how no one gave him votes in the paper etc (cause he did play in a side that lost by 11 goals) yet everyone's annoying network chanell 9 gave him votes, wonder why? and wonder for who?

Your still an imbecile....
Obviously Peruka you haven't played enough footy.
Most balls spill within one metre of a pack, so that is where Buckley (and most other on-ballers) endeavour to gather the ball.

I cannot believe you consider Buckley a receiver.

How did Hird kick his 1st goal, that's right, Peruka, a "handball receive".

But your logic would be "great positioning", LOL

Originally posted by SurreyBlue
Said this before; Hird and Buckley really is no comparison.
Hird earns every possession and more often than not, completes his disposals to Essendon's advantage. Buckley is a "wide" receiver who never earns the ball himself and 50% of the time turns the ball over with clangers. Hird can take physical pressure as Buckley cannot. Hird can turn a game, Buckley never has or will. When Essendon is in trouble Sheedy turns to Hird, when Collingwood is in trouble Malthouse turns to ..........

Still would have Voss instead though.

SurreyBlue,
You been on Mars for the past 10 years....
Were talking about Buckley and Hird.

Don't confuse Buckley with Ms Scott Camporeale (hugs & kisses)

Originally posted by Mightypies

As a Collingwood supporter, I cannot believe this......
Hird is a champ. Has been for years and was proven "again" on Anzac Day. He has played many a "great" game inside the last 2-3 yeears let alone 5 years.

4 B&F's in talented sides is more than enough proof of this. He is a joy to watch in "full flight" as a lover of football

Originally posted by dogga16
As a Collingwood supporter, I cannot believe this......
Hird is a champ. Has been for years and was proven "again" on Anzac Day. He has played many a "great" game inside the last 2-3 yeears let alone 5 years.

4 B&F's in talented sides is more than enough proof of this. He is a joy to watch in "full flight" as a lover of football

As a non-Collingwood supporter, I cannot believe this.......
A Collingwood supporter who actually is honest and doesn't let bitterness or jealously cloud his judgement!

Originally posted by Voice of Reason
If I, as a neutral, may intrude on this childish Collingwood versus Essendon bitchfest, that remark is total bollocks.

Buckley is a very good player and an accumulator, but less damaging and less versatile than Hird.

Are you talking about your skipper in Cousins as an accumulator and less damaging....

In regards to less versatile how has Hird & Cousins gone on Wayne Carey, Matthew Richardson, Anthony Koutoufides & Shane Crawford........

Buckley's played on them all and beaten them...versatile enough for you ???

Originally posted by dogga16
In regards to less versatile how has Hird & Cousins gone on Wayne Carey, Matthew Richardson, Anthony Koutoufides & Shane Crawford........

Buckley's played on them all and beaten them...

and vice-versa.

Originally posted by Ed Scissorhands
As a non-Collingwood supporter, I cannot believe this.......
A Collingwood supporter who actually is honest and doesn't let bitterness or jealously cloud his judgement!

Ed,
If you go through all the 10 pages of this thread, not once will you read that i've disparraged your team or Hird.

What's the point....your rebuilding whilst being very competitive. I envy your team in this regard (eg. 1981, 1988, 1992, 1997 & 2003)

As a very "proud" Pie fan, you gotta "just lick your wounds" and look fwd to the Swans.....

Doesn't mean, I take to kindly to the Buckley "bashing" - LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird v Buckley - Fancy a re-appraisal anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back