Hirdy loses cases against insurance coy

Remove this Banner Ad

The argument Lance raised was about the passage of time. I wonder how the players will feel about Hird in ten years. Not sure. Many of the effected players are already not playing anymore. This year is certainly different for the banned players. There is no "distraction" from the issue this year. They're living it every day. Has there been a difference from them this year with respect to disappointment with the club? I can only guess - but multiple threats of litigation suggests a growing anger. That might not be directed at Hird but I'm struggling to see why it wouldn't be. This is a genuine question or set of questions Bunk

Hird is the public fall guy and you only have to read threads like this to see how gleefully the geese have swallowed it. I mean you have people actually parroting that Hird ran roughshod over Bomber Thompson. It’s hilarious. People have become utterly passionate about him.

He was perfect for the role, people baying for blood love nothing more than seeing heroes obliterated.

Unfortunately for him he made himself a bigger target by digging in which only strengthened the public moves against him. He was able to walk away early days which would have hugely softened the public blow toward him and left him increasingly forgotten. His pride didn’t allow it and the situation was shockingly misread by he and his advisors.

Internally he’s just one of a series of people who ****ed up majorly in leaving the club open to dodgy operators.

Players may and will harbour resentment as the years pass, to suggest it’s a Hird issue is miles off the mark. The players past and present don’t hate Hird, far from it. They realise this was a series of cockups by a series of people including themselves.

The fact this became largely an issue of Hird and Hird only is a triumph of the PR against him – both opposing and his own.

Hird is the public fall guy and you only have to read threads like this to see how gleefully the geese have swallowed it. I mean you have people actually parroting that Hird ran roughshod over Bomber Thompson. It’s hilarious. People have become utterly passionate about him.

He was perfect for the role, people baying for blood love nothing more than seeing heroes obliterated.

Unfortunately for him he made himself a bigger target by digging in which only strengthened the public moves against him. He was able to walk away early days which would have hugely softened the public blow toward him and left him increasingly forgotten. His pride didn’t allow it and the situation was shockingly misread by he and his advisors.

Internally he’s just one of a series of people who stuffed up majorly in leaving the club open to dodgy operators.

Players may and will harbour resentment as the years pass, to suggest it’s a Hird issue is miles off the mark. The players past and present don’t hate Hird, far from it. They realise this was a series of cockups by a series of people including themselves.

The fact this became largely an issue of Hird and Hird only is a triumph of the PR against him – both opposing and his own.
I think it's much more simple than that. Hird has been correctly identified by much of the public as a narcissist. He has been seen through. He has been exposed. Very publicly. Fortunately in this case the narcissus has met his nemesis.

Internally he’s just one of a series of people who stuffed up majorly in leaving the club open to dodgy operators.

Hird made himself the public fall guy by his actions, pure and simple. From poolside "co-incidental" meetings with Dank and Charter, to a meeting at home with Dank and Robinson discussing a "black ops" peptide/amino acid program to make players bigger, faster, stronger, to extensive texts between him and Dank re the injection regime, to "The AOD financials are ready for you and David". Also didn't help himself by immediately hiring a spin doctor, by telling "half truths and probably lies", by trying to have the AFL/ASADA investigation declared illegal, and then appealing that when he lost. He has, except for the first hour of this whole saga where he took full responsibility, done everything possible to undermine his own standing in the AFL community. He has absolutely nobody to blame but himself.

Intriguing....

"the judge said on Tuesday that one of the key issues in the case was the meeting Hird had had with the AFL and ASADA on April 16, 2013, over the joint investigation into the use of prohibited substances involving Essendon.

Justice Hargrave accepted Chubb's claim that Hird had failed to link his attendance at the meeting where he answered more than 1300 questions with his decision to go to the Federal Court on June 30, 2014, and then appeal to the Full Court.

The judge said Hird refused during the civil trial against Chubb to provide the transcript of the April 16, 2013, interview and the details of the 'show cause' notices to the 34 Essendon players, saying it was subject to confidentiality orders in the Federal Court proceeding.

Justice Hargrave said no evidence of those confidentiality orders was provided to him and no explanation was given as to why the documents which could have helped Hird's case could not be tendered in the civil trial."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No?
image.jpeg

I said form early in the piece that this had all the markings of a Greek Tragedy. Admitedly I was thinking more of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Suppliants_(Aeschylus)
There may be several Greek analogies. They are certainly under appreciated in this era of superficiality and the quick take away. Who's got the frickin' time to read then contemplate what has been read? As for Hirdy Girdy, Achilles also comes to mind, he the one who defeated then trashed the corpse of Hector (as he trashed EFC and hisself), who finally was brought down by a Parisian arrow (note the connection) to the heel (which is also an adjective). Though Hird seemed not driven by anger so much as self-love, there's a bit of the Achilles Heel about his egocentricity.

Hard to be considered a fall guy (scapegoat) when it is your program.

In any event, it is hats off to EFC and AFL that they have, to this point of time, contained the fall out of the decision and kept it in house, albeit for a cool $30+ Million.

Call me cynical, but given that neither the AFL nor EFC could be described as a benevolent fund, whenever I see that sort of dollars be splashed around I do wonder who this money is protecting. Obvious candidates are the then board - particularly David Evans. There are no doubt a lot of other possible candidates, but, from experience, large corporations and or rich blokes do not throw large chunks of money around without a net benefit to themselves.

As it stands at the moment, they look like they will achieve their aim of ensuring that this never goes to an open court.

Hard to be considered a fall guy (scapegoat) when it is your program.

In any event, it is hats off to EFC and AFL that they have, to this point of time, contained the fall out of the decision and kept it in house, albeit for a cool $30+ Million.

Call me cynical, but given that neither the AFL nor EFC could be described as a benevolent fund, whenever I see that sort of dollars be splashed around I do wonder who this money is protecting. Obvious candidates are the then board - particularly David Evans. There are no doubt a lot of other possible candidates, but, from experience, large corporations and or rich blokes do not throw large chunks of money around without a net benefit to themselves.

As it stands at the moment, they look like they will achieve their aim of ensuring that this never goes to an open court.
if it has cost the affall 30 mill, not in direct green, but in indirect market value of their media properties, then that would be 1 million three hundred, and thirty, and three, and thirty three cents, per team. some teams can barely afford it, they need knew pokies from bruce benevolance mathieson or whatever the blues pokie maker is called is he aristocrat leisure thats a funny name

I think it's much more simple than that. Hird has been correctly identified by much of the public as a narcissist. He has been seen through. He has been exposed. Very publicly. Fortunately in this case the narcissus has met his nemesis.

Nah – he’s not a narcissist. Key difference being he’s only ever seeked to maintain or restore, not to use the opportunity to make it all about himself. It was made about him by others – again, he was identified as the fall guy.

He has an enormous amount of pride. If anybody tries to tell you pride isn’t a sin, point to JH. It’s his downfall. But it’s not narcissism.

Yes, he has been identified as a narcissist. Incorrectly. This story is not about Hird by his own choice. The PR war and three-word front pages about him did it.

As I said, people eagerly swallowed it because he's the perfect criminal.

mebbe hird wanted it no other way. a suicide bomber.

Nope. Simple ****-ups. By virtue of hindsight I think he’d do a lot differently. He acted tremendously unwisely and was appallingly advised.

Nah – he’s not a narcissist. Key difference being he’s only ever seeked to maintain or restore, not to use the opportunity to make it all about himself. It was made about him by others – again, he was identified as the fall guy.

He has an enormous amount of pride. If anybody tries to tell you pride isn’t a sin, point to JH. It’s his downfall. But it’s not narcissism.

Yes, he has been identified as a narcissist. Incorrectly. This story is not about Hird by his own choice. The PR war and three-word front pages about him did it.

As I said, people eagerly swallowed it because he's the perfect criminal.

Nope. Simple ****-ups. By virtue of hindsight I think he’d do a lot differently. He acted tremendously unwisely and was appallingly advised.

"Peptypes". That's right, mr MBA intellectual can't spell the subject of the enquiry. "Peptypes". At least he's still got you as a believer Bunky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hirdy loses cases against insurance coy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back