Resource History of AFL Grand Final Artwork

Remove this Banner Ad

At least now there is minimal risk of a player getting injured on the edge of it. Wouldn't that have been a poo-storm!

so tigers get blue and white 50m arc, and geelong (the blue and white team) get the red and white 50m arc?

never change AFL.
never change
I'm guessing we asked for it because its the 'punt road end' on the broadcast, looking across the ground

I'm guessing we asked for it because its the 'punt road end' on the broadcast, looking across the ground
yeh perhaps. still they could have made that arc on that side of the ground the red and white (or ffs make it yellow and black!)

so tigers get blue and white 50m arc, and geelong (the blue and white team) get the red and white 50m arc?

never change AFL.
never change
I'm surprised the AFL hasn't experimented with changing the 50m arc colours to the colours of the two teams playing in the GF before.

Or maybe they have and I can't remember...

I'm surprised the AFL hasn't experimented with changing the 50m arc colours to the colours of the two teams playing in the GF before.

Before they sold the goal square space I always thought they should have painted each one in the teams jumper

Two interesting tidbits about the club logos this year.

The Geelong logo uses the positive version (blue 'Cats' wordmark) with a white outline. 2008, 09 and 11 used the negative version (white 'Cats' wordmark).

The Richmond logo uses the negative version (as it was in 17 and 19), but only has the white outline on the top half, above where it intersects with the 50m line. Previous years had a white outline around the whole logo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Richmond logo uses the negative version (as it was in 17 and 19), but only has the white outline on the top half, above where it intersects with the 50m line. Previous years had a white outline around the whole logo.
You would think the white on the 50m line would go around the bottom half of the logo...

If there is anything the AFL is consistent with, is it’s inconsistency

The AFL could just copy what some NRL venues did with the 10m, 20m, 30m, etc. markers next to the lines, for example Manly had their numbers at home games done in Maroon with a White outline

The AFL could just copy what some NRL venues did with the 10m, 20m, 30m, etc. markers next to the lines, for example Manly had their numbers at home games done in Maroon with a White outline
Footy Park and Subiaco used to have unique fancy fonts for the 50 now most of the league is all the same with a default font

As a footy history junkie... absolutely love this. The work and effort that people on the board put in to accurately archive the history of our sport is outstanding.

- Guernsey designs
- Club sponsors
- Guernsey manufacturers
- Grand Final logos
- Ground logos
- Team of Century logos
- etc.

This board has more historical value than anything the AFL has ever officially put together or released.

Also

Am I the only one who noticed that Geelongs Grand Final Logo patch was whiter than the white on their jumper?

Would just be the difference between how the light hits the guernsey and how it hits the badge, I’m guessing, seeing as the badge isn’t the same polyester.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource History of AFL Grand Final Artwork

Remove this Banner Ad

Back