Hogan worth

Remove this Banner Ad

mayne iac

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
So it’s just been reported that Hogan has toured Freo today - pictures on the news tonight. Looks like it may be happening, I thought it deserved its own thread.
My opinion is that we offer Melb pick 5 and nothing else. Trade radio is saying we will more than likely use 5 and 6 to get Hogan and I say get stuffed. If we are serious about a restump then we need to keep at least one of our top picks (assuming Neale goes) to keep the rebuild happening.
In Hogan out 5- or 6

Ideally we will get 9 and 10 and trade them on. If it ends up being 5 and 10 we'd expect something else coming back in the form of a 2nd or 3rd rounder you'd think. I think we are a good chance of keeping a top 10 pick though if it happens

His foot is fine, you wouldn't be offering him a King's Ransom if it wasn't.

You've got your man, after six years. You should be delighted about a really positive, aggressive piece of list management. He's a brilliant player, a great guy and will only get better and better now he's back home. Shattered to lose him, but now is better than last season given the emergence of McDonald and Weideman finally showing something too.

I think he's worth 5 and 6, particularly given what you're paying him, but suspect it'll be done for 5 and 10. Look at the kind of key forwards top three picks get you: Watts, Day, Patton, Boyd, McCartin, Schache. The odds of drafting a guy like Hogan are very, very long. We knew it would happen one day, but its still sad for Dees fans that he's off.

You've got your man, after six years. You should be delighted about a really positive, aggressive piece of list management. He's a brilliant player, a great guy and will only get better and better now he's back home. Shattered to lose him, but now is better than last season given the emergence of McDonald and Weideman finally showing something too.

I think he's worth 5 and 6, particularly given what you're paying him, but suspect it'll be done for 5 and 10. Look at the kind of key forwards top three picks get you: Watts, Day, Patton, Boyd, McCartin, Schache. The odds of drafting a guy like Hogan are very, very long. We knew it would happen one day, but its still sad for Dees fans that he's off.
It's not over yet .

As long as its not 5 and 6 I'll be happy. 5 and 6 would have me at the front of Cockburn with a pitchfork.

6 and a future first with a second coming back is the dream at this stage, though there is some serious top end WA talent next year, I think we can set up our list with this draft and Hogan and Lobb

Oh really? Is this the Melbourne that have no draft picks in the "super draft" until pick 33? Seems that you are desperate for a high first round pick and possibly suggested young Jesse should look around.
Navicular injuries can be complicated and mostly are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary buckenarra today said on sen two first is to much with health history and this draft is a cracking one so the top 7-10 picks are worth more then other drafts
Pick 5 the lowest
Pick 6 and future first with 2nd rd coming back the highest

Not sure where all the optimism regarding our future 1st next year comes from?

Considering Neale is off, we are Sandi + Fyfe + Blakely long term injuries (all highly possibly given history) away from finishing bottom 3 as our midfield would be atrocious.

As much as I hate the idea of 5 + 6, I don't see how 5 + 2019 first is any better. It is risky as ****.

I am walking away from the table at anything more than 5 + 10/11 (with lower picks coming with Hogan).

Neale stays IMO, I can’t see how a newly married player with a Perth partner who owns a business is going anywhere.

It’ll be 2x firsts, this year and next, with 33 and future 2nd coming back our way. Similar to Lever.

Are you a Melbourne troll?
We are in a rebuild if we give our 2nd best player and a top 6 pick for a guy with more injuries then Bennell games WOWEE

Just answering the question. I think we'll pay over for Hogan if Brisbane pay over for Neale. I think Melbourne can do an exchange with Gold Coast in the May deal to get a pick under 30 to give back to Fremantle.

He's worth what we get for Neale which would be 5 + 22.

Downgrade 6 appropriately or else keep it.
Keep our future first. Use our future second on Lobb.

Neale stays IMO, I can’t see how a newly married player with a Perth partner who owns a business is going anywhere.

It’ll be 2x firsts, this year and next, with 33 and future 2nd coming back our way. Similar to Lever.

Lever was 10 and 15.

5 + 2019 first (likely top 7) is on another level to the Lever trade - not even remotely comparable.

Lever was 10 and 15.

5 + 2019 first (likely top 7) is on another level to the Lever trade - not even remotely comparable.

For that I'd want Mel pick 33 and 2019 second. They can have Sheridan for stake knives.

Remember Mel will need to have two 1st next year if the don't use one this year. Last used a first in 2015.

It’s trading away, two players that occupy your best 18, of potentially/likely elite/above average talent for a combined total of 24 years, for an elite talent on your list for 6-8 years.

5 & 6 is absolutely insane.

If we had Jaidyn Stephenson on our list, would those saying ‘trade 5 & 6’ be suggesting to trading Cerra & Stephenson for Hogan?

Mental.

We're still rebuilding, not having at least one high pick would be a terrible result. Even if we have to trade a future first I'd do it if it meant we hung on to 5 or 6 or whatever it is this year. I don't think we'll roll over though, even if it is Hogan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back