MRP / Trib. Holeman and Plowman both Given 2 Weeks WTF

Remove this Banner Ad

If Plowman bumped O'Meara like that in a 50/50 contest for a ground ball, he would be suspended for committing to a head high bump and concussing an opponent. Nobody would argue about it. Everyone would accept the decision. So why do people think it's okay for Plowman to do it in a marking contest?

Please watch the footage again and explain to me the moment Plowman tried to mark the ball or spoil the ball.
He did neither. He ran into that contest, turned his body side-on and elected to bump a wide-open opponent.

Weak.

Thank god the MRO has FINALLY decided to protect players who keep their eye on the ball and punish those who don't.
Now if we can just get the umpires to wake up to themselves.... How the hell did O'Meara not even get a free kick?
Imagine if every defender just elected to smash into Harry McKay every time he led for the ball and tried to mark it.

Oh man, there's some clueless Blues fans out there. I never realised until this weekend just how many f**kin' one-eyed idiots they have in their ranks.

You should stop embarrassing yourself whilst you still can.

I LOVE the way Carlton fans have never gotten over that hit.

Our captain SMASHED your captain into oblivion in a "fair" contest for the ball [smirk] and look who won the footy!! :D
I never get tired of watching of it. It sums up everything I loved about Luke Hodge. I feel a bit sorry for poor Murphy though..
But would ya look at the way he approached that contest? Gawd almighty..

From memory that was the turning point of the match.
The Blues led by 3 or 4 goals - Enter the ninja - and the Hawks win by 3 or 4 goals

Good stuff. Thanks for posting :thumbsu:

Sometimes I think you are an idiot, the other times I'm positive.

Unashamedly biased and completely incapable of looking at these incidents without your yellow & brown goggles on.

RLNT1YR.png

kw2WcqK.png

k5CBdbi.png

SXbw9N8.png

UooF4XV.png

jiGNK5W.png

AVdIwUZ.png

KE47oOK.png

s2fs0TK.png

After watching this again, I can see Plowman maybe did try to spoil in a half-hearted way but missed and chopped O'Meara's arm
I was too focused on the point of Plowman's left shoulder connecting with O'Meara's chin.

He's in two minds... Spoil the marking attempt... Or protect himself....
He's sort of tried to do both, but taken his eye off the ball and missed the ball with his right hand.

The Blues should probably challenge and get Plowman off at the tribunal
Or maybe he should pay the penalty for not connecting with the spoil and collecting O'Meara in the head
Maybe that's the line which the AFL need to draw: Crash in, miss the ball, get the head, out you go

Really, my main concern is why the umpire waved play on and didn't award O'Meara the free kick. That was my original point in the match thread.

This has to be a free kick... Surely??? :confusedv1:

(IDGAF about opposition players being banned. I leave all that type of shiit to the Carlton sooks..)

Last edited:
applauds and cheers his team player smashing opponent in fair contest for footy

Wants opposition player suspended for smashing his teams player in fair contest for footy

yeah you’re unbiased
It's not about the team colours, mate. It's just a bit of a bugbear of mine
I don't think umpires and AFL do enough to protect players in marking contests from opponents jumping into them
The ball should be the sole objective

Too many players over the years aren't making legit attempts to mark or spoil. They're just crashing in and making the other guy drop the mark

The AFL have taken their "eye off the ball" in this area

(and people wonder why we don't see as many contested & high marks any more)

8ab38a0e3ea5d1eb7391e4b751bbfcfa

What did he think was going to happen? Pinned arm - ball already gone - head completely exposed - forward momentum towards unprotected side... Lucky to not get 3 weeks

Arm free, ball is still on contact with the tackled player, did not drive him into the ground. Footy act. Dangerfield should have got ten weeks if you think this is worth three.

After watching this again, I can see Plowman maybe did try to spoil in a half-hearted way but missed and chopped O'Meara's arm
I was too focused on the point of Plowman's left shoulder connecting with O'Meara's chin.

He's in two minds... Spoil the marking attempt... Or protect himself....
He's sort of tried to do both, but taken his eye off the ball and missed the ball with his right hand.

The Blues should probably challenge and get Plowman off at the tribunal
Or maybe he should pay the penalty for not connecting with the spoil and collecting O'Meara in the head
Maybe that's the line which the AFL need to draw: Crash in, miss the ball, get the head, out you go

Really, my main concern is why the umpire waved play on and didn't award O'Meara the free kick. That was my original point in the match thread.

This has to be a free kick... Surely??? :confusedv1:

(IDGAF about opposition players being banned. I leave all that type of shiit to the Carlton sooks..)
Love the back peddling now...

Be careful using spectator footage.

According to Hawks fans it’s okay to elbow unsuspecting blokes in the face 80m off the ball as long as it’s not on official AFL film.

Haha, there is proper footage of it, just can’t find it on YouTube.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMeara a protected species?

Francis copped a 2k fine for this clean hit.

So twice he's been bumped in the head - no free kick on either occasion - and you're saying he's a "protected species"

You'll have to explain that one to me.

So twice he's been bumped in the head - no free kick on either occasion - and you're saying he's a "protected species"

You'll have to explain that one to me.

Francis flushed his shoulder but go on.

I'm arguing about the action

i.e. Players crashing into opponents in marking contests and not being penalised by umps, nor sanctioned by MRO

Do you really think I care about Lachie Plowman, or Jaeger O'Meara... or Hawthorn's 2021 season, for that matter?

14 posts in a three page thread would suggest so. Next highest post tally - for those playing at home - 4.

Maybe you just have a lot of time on your hands. I'd hate to see how many posts you're capable of on a topic that actually interests you.

OMeara a protected species?

Francis copped a 2k fine for this clean hit.

Remember that one was a good hit. Didnt realise he got fined for

Would have put most down for awhile same as the Plowman one

This is why you can never make comparisons between today's players and anyone who played the game pre 2010.. Forget last century. Dusty plays a totally different game in 2021 for example, i don't know what it is, but it's very different. These are the two worst MRO decisions i have ever seen and there is plenty to choose from.

14 posts in a three page thread would suggest so. Next highest post tally - for those playing at home - 4.
"For those playing at home" :rolleyes:

Geez, you're a waηker

Maybe you just have a lot of time on your hands. I'd hate to see how many posts you're capable of on a topic that actually interests you.
Yes, I have made it pretty clear: this is a topic which interests me.

You've misinterpeted my remarks about "not caring" if opposition players are suspended... As in, I'm not like the Blues fans who were sooking over Hartigan v Walsh or Hodge v Murphy. I don't feel personally outraged. I don't seek vengeance because one of our boys was pole-axed.

I'm just posting on this topic as a football purist who likes to discuss contentious rules and misinterpretations. It's my hobby horse.
Naturally I post more on incidents occurring in Hawthorn games because I watch all of those.

Why are you posting here anyway? Is this your way of "elevating the discussion" on Big Footy? Aren't you one of those precious types who normally sticks to the safe spaces of your club board and posts about the "cesspit" that it is the main board and it's various sub-forums? Feel free to contribute in some meaningful way, if you have an opinion on the topic.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Holeman and Plowman both Given 2 Weeks WTF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back