Honestly??? Brennan Stack??? HOW????? WHY??

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The Stack "Attack"

if he is named in our side again i don't think ill be able to attend the game as i hate watching our jumper dishounered in such a way.

Could not agree more. You can give players such as stack, djerrkura, mulligan, hooper, barlow games and claim they may develop into half decent players but lets be serious none of these players have the ability or skill to be apart of a premiership side. Get rid of them.

Yep, there were two occasions where he should have gone for the ball and didn't. Other than that he competed well, showed composure, used his pace and kicked accurately. For a guy with about 8 games of experience playing in defense he is doing well.

Stack will be giving one more year with chances to show himself, we need to remember this is his first full year at afl level

he did pretty well yesterday, much better than Higgins for example. Don't understand the hate for this guy, who is still a rookie BTW............

Couldn't you just bump any of the other narrow-minded Stack bashing threads?

You dont get courage and heart from playing more games, you either have it or you don't. The guy doesnt and should therefore be delisted before he becomes a bigger liability than he already is

As most are aware I am up there at the top of the siasc (stack is a spud club) and I am happy to admit that he ran a couple of times last night by himself and kicked the ball ok. Ok in the fact that any other player on the list should be able to do this. His stats are just ok

18B.Stack1510500555503101013110080%
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/super-scoreboard?match_id=10312104

What I can't handle and can't fatham how so people still expect he is going to be a player and he is improving, when the fact is he refuses to put his body on the line. That effort against Hille was an absolute disgrace, he looked at the ball coming in, looked at Hille & Murphy and choose not compete. His defensive effort to let the final goal be kicked in the third quarter just confirms that he can't defend. If this is improving we are in serious trouble.

Unfortunately I think our current coach believes that he gives us defensive cover (see his video every time he comes back into the side) so he will play the rest of the year given we have no defenders!

Eade plays him because he's physically capable with fitness and pace of keeping up at AFL level. Same reason with Mulligan. Not being picked on talent.

The kids might just not be ready.

Years been over since the 1st West coast loss. Time to get over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The OP does have a point. I remember a marking situation for Ryder, Stack should have across to at least contest. But just stood there and watched to what turned out to be a pretty much uncontested grab.

You compare that with how Morris in the 2nd running back with the flight made every effort to contest. It's these little things that need to be addressed asap if Stack is going to cut it in the AFL.

This.

The "effort" against Hille was just about the most pissweak, pathetic effort I have seen from a Bulldog.

Say what you like about the Saints, Cats, Pies, Hawks etc - but to a man they ALL go when it is their turn, regardless of the consequences. No coincidence they are all entrenched in the top 8, either.

How many of our players could you say the same about?

I reckon you could count them on one hand.

This.

The "effort" against Hille was just about the most pissweak, pathetic effort I have seen from a Bulldog.

Say what you like about the Saints, Cats, Pies, Hawks etc - but to a man they ALL go when it is their turn, regardless of the consequences. No coincidence they are all entrenched in the top 8, either.

One thousand times this. Anyone who saw the pissweak effort of Stack knows he shouldn't be on the list let alone in the side. You can tell he was thinking "Oh Ryder that's not my player, whoever is on him will take care of it". FFS I honestly put more effort into my sunday social basketball game than he does as a professional sportsperson.

Breaks my heart to see young players like Dahlhaus and Howard put in 10 times more effort into 1 percenters than his more senior teammates.

I thought Stack and Djeureka were a long way off our worst on Saturday night the constant Stack bashing is a waste of time.
Agreed. The HS stats show Stack had 80% efficiency too for his 15 touches.. one of our higher numbers.

Boyd, on the other hand, had 47% efficiency for his 36. Despite Boyd's being under greater pressure, a similar in an under player in Libba managed 80% for his 20 touches.

Someone should start a thread bashing the Stack bashers.. 95% of them are ill-informed i reckon.

On the contesting point - what's the point contesting when it means you will be caught out of position / off your feet if the player marks the ball / brings it to ground? Are the bashers able to consider that there is a reason players don't always contest?

There were at least 1/2 a dozen other players out there on Saturday night who were worse than Stack. Stack was ok, but not as bad as some of you make out he was..

If the bloke gets another game for us, We should be charged with tanking. there is no way possible we can be taken seriously with this weak individual in the side. On a number of occasions last night he refused to go back with the flight of the ball and create a contest allowing for essendon players to take easy marks inside the forward 50 resulting for goals. People critise josh hill for not having a crack, well this bloke has absolutlty no attack on the football, no skill, no pressure and if he is named in our side again i don't think ill be able to attend the game as i hate watching our jumper dishounered in such a way.

Good we don't need supporters like you who are single minded and don't open their eyes. Go and follow another team

This.

Is this a joke or something. We smashed Essendon in contested possessions and still sit in the top 6 in the AFL.

Is this a joke or something. We smashed Essendon in contested possessions and still sit in the top 6 in the AFL.

There is a VAST difference between a "Champion Data Contested Possession" and a player willing to go back with the flight of the ball regardless of who is coming at him or go at a contest knowing hard body contact will be the result.

Suggest you read this article for further proof of same - the title says it all, really:

"It's easier than ever to get a contested possession"

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-possession--stats-a-fact-20110608-1ft72.html

There is a VAST difference between a "Champion Data Contested Possession" and a player willing to go back with the flight of the ball regardless of who is coming at him or go at a contest knowing hard body contact will be the result.

Suggest you read this article for further proof of same - the title says it all, really:

"It's easier than ever to get a contested possession"

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-possession--stats-a-fact-20110608-1ft72.html

You should know that not every player puts their body on the line week in week out, but that doesn't mean they can't play footy. I was responding to the post saying we only have a few players that would do that. I think we have plenty. Picken, Cross, Boyd, Morris, Hargrave, Lake, for starters and plenty of others.

You miss the point.

This bloke CONTINUALLY shirks contests and contact and has done all season.

At the aforementioned clubs, it would not be accepted. The player in question would have zero respect and not getting a game.

At ours, both internally and externally, it appears to be.

And it gives me the bloody shits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly??? Brennan Stack??? HOW????? WHY??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back