Honestly??? Brennan Stack??? HOW????? WHY??

Remove this Banner Ad

I can. A better game today. The pass in the last quarter to Barry was sublime even. Just needs the confidence to carry on.
Absolutely agree, he has shown today that his disposal can be top quality. Just depends if confidence is the issue or panick.

Surely people can admit that he showed some good signs today?

Possibly the best game he has played in defence.
However if he wishes to make it long term he really has to improve on his ability to read flight of ball. Lost count how many times he jumped (well) into contest only to miss the ball with his fist.

For the first time i can remember Stack didn't do anything bad, most times i seen him play i always have a "STAAACK" moment, today i did not.

The goal on the run was very good and his kicking seemed to hit targets, was good today, hopefully we have seen the turning point for this kid and he can go on to greater heights. Clearly he had talent, but seems to go missing under pressure, might be a classic case of just needing game time to feel like he belongs at this level.

Stack just looks like a player, but doesn't quite have the polish to match his intent yet. I think he's a keeper, and showed some decent signs today.

I still think he needs to do more. To pick out 2 or 3 good things he does a game isn't good enough in my opinion because i could match that with what he does wrong. And with Lake, Hargrave, Gilbee all down he has to do more.
So how to we measure him? Is he a shut down player or an attacking half back?

Whats the point in carrying someone that is mediocre, does some good things, does some bad things. I can't see him improving to be part of a backline that plays finals. Surely there are VFL players who are better or someone else that that can do the same.

For me he just doesn't cut it. However i understand that coming in and out of a side would be hard. And as a depth player then maybe i don't mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will say i have bagged him week in week out.

He WAS my least favourite player but I can now honestly say that I hope he stays in the team (pref. as rebounding defender) for the rest of the season playing consistent footy

Also hoping the other haters (such as myself) on this board and other supporters in who have whipped him since for most of his career eventually come to see that he can honestly be a good player for us

Surely people can admit that he showed some good signs today?

If he can continue to play at that standard he may just keep his spot on the list, however what may amount to his best game for the club is still very average. Why is it that so many debutants for other clubs come in and make imidate impacts while a guy who has been on the list five? years struggles to cement a spot on the list.
For crying out loud, how many rising star nominations have we had in the last five years. This year we have had 8 debutants (and i believe one or two others elligble ) yet no nominations? Stack may be a depth player but no more than that.

I Bulldogrob declare to the world that i was rapt with Brendan Stacks game today. He would probably be the most bagged player of all time by myself but today he played a great game and did some really nice things like a goal on the run from outside 50. It actually had me rubbing my eyes that i had not got him mixed up with someone else, but it was him. I promise that after the bye i will have nothing negative to say when he is selected in the side. That is if he doesn't go back to the rabbit looking into headlights gamestyle when he gets the ball of previous games or when he continually turns the ball over.
2 seconds agoUnable to post comment. Try Again

Started off a bit shakey, and made some poor decisions, and had trouble with getting into the right spaces, but he played very well in the last 3 quarters. Happy with his game. Very nice goal as well.

You know why he didn't look so bad? Because he didn't get the pill.

11 disposals is hardly anything to hang your hat on. Long way to go before I would say this guy is someone I will ever want in the side.

2 of the 11 disposals were great though but gee has a long way to go and after 5 years I am happy to pull the plug on this one.

Yeah I have no issues with his game today.

Obviously I am in the minority on this one but he kicked a goal on the run that everyone should be able to kick that is all.

I thought he was practicing for the Australian Ballet a few times, the one handed flys through the air only to miss each and every contest.

Nicoski kicked a goal on him in the second where he had no idea. He was standing next to his man, Nicoski went one way and the other to try and get off him and Stack stood there and watched the ball carrier coming at him not worried about his man. Perhaps he should have a look at Pickens relentless checking of his opponent.

The goal in the last few seconds of the third was caused by him. Had the ball on wing/half back panicked, hand balled to a stationary Hudson who was under pressure, got the hand ball back and again panicked and gave it off to Schofield....the rest is history.

He can't defend, has no work ethic, doesn't have second efforts....

I can go on but does anyone actually believe this bloke is the future??

He is not up to it so even with injuries why is he getting a game? After five years enough is enough

Obviously I am in the minority on this one but he kicked a goal on the run that everyone should be able to kick that is all.

I thought he was practicing for the Australian Ballet a few times, the one handed flys through the air only to miss each and every contest.

Nicoski kicked a goal on him in the second where he had no idea. He was standing next to his man, Nicoski went one way and the other to try and get off him and Stack stood there and watched the ball carrier coming at him not worried about his man. Perhaps he should have a look at Pickens relentless checking of his opponent.

The goal in the last few seconds of the third was caused by him. Had the ball on wing/half back panicked, hand balled to a stationary Hudson who was under pressure, got the hand ball back and again panicked and gave it off to Schofield....the rest is history.

He can't defend, has no work ethic, doesn't have second efforts....

I can go on but does anyone actually believe this bloke is the future??

He is not up to it so even with injuries why is he getting a game? After five years enough is enough
What about Roughead's dropped mark. Schofield also had a lot of time to get rid of the ball.

What about Roughead's dropped mark. Schofield also had a lot of time to get rid of the ball.

When these guys have been on the list for five years and have little to no improvement then we will question there selections until then they still have upside. Not sure Stack does though or maybe you think he does?

When these guys have been on the list for five years and have little to no improvement then we will question there selections until then they still have upside. Not sure Stack does though or maybe you think he does?
Look I'm not sure that he does, but I'm willing to give him the rest of the season to show us whether he has or not. I was only trying to make the point that blaming Stack for that particular instance is unfair considering that there were so many elements just before and after that could have impacted what happened. Le Cras kicked and absolute gem of a goal that more often than not would most likely have ended up out of bounds or a point at best.

Roughheads mark from memory was the one where the player went in front of him and it fell unexpectantly to his chest and he dropped it? Is that correct? should have been probably held it. Schofield should have probably done better with the kick that went out on the full off the left foot, he shouldn't have had the ball given to him under pressure from the man this post is about Stack

Roughheads mark from memory was the one where the player went in front of him and it fell unexpectantly to his chest and he dropped it? Is that correct? should have been probably held it. Schofield should have probably done better with the kick that went out on the full off the left foot, he shouldn't have had the ball given to him under pressure from the man this post is about Stack
Just had a look at the replay and Schofield had over 2 seconds to get rid of the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly??? Brennan Stack??? HOW????? WHY??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back