Remove this Banner Ad

dan warna

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 13, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17109712%5E2882,00.html

its been well recorded excuses aside that brett lee has performed pretty badly since his first 18 months.

excuses aside he has consistently been collared by the best batsmen.

I posted a few threads suggesting that the AIS had messed him up when he was going along fine, and that he spent too much time with biomechanicals morons who 'fixed him' up.

the biggest criticism of brett lee is that he bowls like a moron.

perhaps he has finally grown a brain and will finally access his talent and achieve what he has always promised?

can it be at 29 Bing has finally grown up?

for those of us sick of his stupidity, and for those of us who believe underneath that show pony lies the potential for a good fast bowler this article is promising....

come on Bing Grow up and be what you can be!

Its not going to happen, Brett Lee will continue to prove to everyone that he is not up to it in the Test arena.

Browney said:
Its not going to happen, Brett Lee will continue to prove to everyone that he is not up to it in the Test arena.
the problem is he will still get selected, and i want australia to win.
given we have a choice of brett lee bowling rubbish or brett lee growing up, what do you prefer?
the fact is better bowlers such as inness, rofe, bichel won't get a look in, Gillespie would never get the chances that brett has got so we can only hope brett lee bowls properly because they are not going to drop the weetbix express.

Brett Lee is tough but stupid. Obviously Bowls too many short balls and needs to get his act together. He doesnt look at all threatening when he's bowling. I think he should concentrate more on hitting the pitch hard just short of a length and every now and then bowl a bouncer.

Do enjoy watching him bat.

The bottom line on Brett Lee is this.
He's an aggressive bowler and that's the way he'll always be, no point in changing.

His bowling average would be 5 runs less if he got as much of a bowl at the tail as Warne and to a lesser extent McGrath. For the first time in his career he got first crack at the tail in a couple of the Ashes tests.

His average would be less still if he wasn't struck down with serious back and ankle injuries which reduced his speed by 10kph in around 10 tests.

He is good to watch when he bowls because he attacks the batsman and the stumps. He is also very unlucky, lots of dropped catches and 4's via edges off his bowling consistantly.
He has only played one series in... the last what... year and half, 2 years+

Left out of the side for a long time for the mediocre Kasper. and came back for his first series against the second best team AWAY. He was our 4th best player.

A fully fit Brett Lee on anything other than a flat deck and he's as good as anyone.

Kasper- average of 28 the last 18 months
Lee, average of nearly 40 this century

Starz pulling out the list of Lee excuses- sad part is, his best test performance was the FIRST game he played last century.

Whinge, whinge, whinge
Lee- not good enough
Kasper- a bowler who bends his back and bowls tirelessly and effectively in ALL conditions- check his champion efforst in India, for example.

Case closed, starz old buddy

I know you're trolling as per usual.. but i'll bite anyway.. :rolleyes:

starz said:
The bottom line on Brett Lee is this.
He's an aggressive bowler and that's the way he'll always be, no point in changing.

His bowling average would be 5 runs less if he got as much of a bowl at the tail as Warne and to a lesser extent McGrath. For the first time in his career he got first crack at the tail in a couple of the Ashes tests.

His average would be less still if he wasn't struck down with serious back and ankle injuries which reduced his speed by 10kph in around 10 tests.

That's a new excuse to explain his 3 years (and counting) of mediocre test results.. he was injured for 3 years while being one of the best players in ODI cricket in the same period :rolleyes:

He's HAD HEAPS of opportunities to bowl at the tail.. he STRUGGLES to even get them out.. especially with his mediocre average against the might of bangladesh and zimbabwe..

His celebrations when FINALLY getting a tailender is like as if he's treating the no 10 or 11 batsman as a opener or something..

starz said:
He is good to watch when he bowls because he attacks the batsman and the stumps. He is also very unlucky, lots of dropped catches and 4's via edges off his bowling consistantly.

So has every other bowler... your point??

starz said:
He has only played one series in... the last what... year and half, 2 years+

Left out of the side for a long time for the mediocre Kasper. and came back for his first series against the second best team AWAY. He was our 4th best player.

A fully fit Brett Lee on anything other than a flat deck and he's as good as anyone.

Mediocre Kasper?? He was the better and more consistent performer than Lee in the same period.. Both have similar career averages but Kasper was the more CONSISTENT performer in his recent run than Lees average of 40 since 2001..

In Test level, no matter how quick you are or how much you spin the ball, you've still gotta put the ball 6 out of 6 times in the right areas every over if you wanna be one of the best.

People have been telling Lee that for 5 ********ing years, he didn't listen, he didn't learn, he didn't change, now suddenly he's 29, and finally he starts to come around to that idea.

Yet would he follow it? Doubt it, just watch Lara smack him for a 4 and Brett Lee going bouncetastic again.

Hopeless

Kasper = A good state bowler & serviceable player for country, but never really did anything of note, off the top of my head apart from the odd wicket i can't really remember any great highlights from his int'l career. :confused:

starz said:
Kasper = A good state bowler & serviceable player for country, but never really did anything of note, off the top of my head apart from the odd wicket i can't really remember any great highlights from his int'l career. :confused:

You mean the bloke who was one of probably our most successful bowling quartet of the past decade in a season where the Aussies won 5 Test series in one calender year for the first time and a major contributor in India when we won there for the first time?

And I can't see Brett Lee doing anything of note in Test level for 5 years, have you? Kasper makes Lee look like Scott Muller and Lee makes Kasper look like Sir Richard Hadlee

starz said:
did better in 18 months than Bing did in 5 years.

man quit the BS and hope your boy stops being a moron

if this article reflects that your boy is growing up then hope its true.

everything else you've done has been proven to be nothing more than pathetic excuses.

kaspa, dizzy mcgrath etc have all bowled on the same decks and done HEAPS better, often with more injuries than Bing

you are a joke Starz, probably the most pathetic cheer leader for Bing on this board.

now read the article and cross your fingers that bing will finally achieve his potential instead of pathetic excuses for a pathetic performance.

starz said:

Guess you don't get much Test cricket where you are....

I've said it before Lee is an aggressive bowler, not a conservative one.

He bowls to get the batsmen out by getting them bowled and LBW, rather than waiting for a mistake. Which is much better to watch imo.
Plus so many catches go down off his bowling (probably because he bowls at such high speed) you wouldn't blame him.

For example, You're not going to see Gilly come out if he gets a pair in the first test and say, "i'm just going to build my innings from now on and push 1's and 2's, occupy the crease and just wait for the loose balls". That's not the way he plays, same with Lee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's controlled aggression, and there's moronic aggression

Lee's been bowling like the latter for 5 years

Warne is one of the most aggressive bowlers cricket has seen, you don't see him losing the plot easily and bowling like a dumb ********

Lee can continue to bowl the way he's been bowling, he's entitled to, it just means he'll continue to fail and get spanked all around the park. Only people like you would think his approach to his bowling is fine as it is. It is not fine, average of 40 with a strike rate of 60+ is not fine for a new ball bowler

starz said:

He bowls to get the batsmen out by getting them bowled and LBW, rather than waiting for a mistake. Which is much better to watch imo.
Plus so many catches go down off his bowling (probably because he bowls at such high speed) you wouldn't blame him.

For example, You're not going to see Gilly come out if he gets a pair in the first test and say, "i'm just going to build my innings from now on and push 1's and 2's, occupy the crease and just wait for the loose balls". That's not the way he plays, same with Lee.
BA HA HA HA HA HA HA

if we had 5 bowlers like brett lee the opposition would score 400 runs

and our batsmen average 350 or 360 b/w them.

thank goodness we have had mcgrath, warne, kaspa, dizzy to hide the incompetence of lee and the pathetic fools that make excuses for him.

bah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

you really are a fool starz

starz said:

Gilly is also coming in as the last recognised bat....he needs to fire away most of the time...although a little conservative nature might be good once in a while.

Fact is, Lee opens the innings- he is supposed to take wickets. When was his last Michelle?

I hope he comes good, but the Ashes were not indicative of him having learned anything

Browney said:

He had a decent ashes series and if he had kept his foot behind the line and the catchs had been taken he would have taken 25 or 26 wickets instead of 20. Give the guy a break.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT said:
He had a decent ashes series and if he had kept his foot behind the line and the catchs had been taken he would have taken 25 or 26 wickets instead of 20. Give the guy a break.
yeah thats what this is about
however when morons like starz come on and make feeb excuses
his boyfriend deserves what he gets.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT said:

Get stuffed. He bowled a pile of ******** with the odd good ball thrown in and finished with an average that reflected his 'wholehearted' efforts.

He will keep getting picked no matter what rubbish he dishes out.

There are plenty of excuses for him as well, mainly from the captain.

dan warna said:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17109712%5E2882,00.html

its been well recorded excuses aside that brett lee has performed pretty badly since his first 18 months.

excuses aside he has consistently been collared by the best batsmen.

I posted a few threads suggesting that the AIS had messed him up when he was going along fine, and that he spent too much time with biomechanicals morons who 'fixed him' up.

the biggest criticism of brett lee is that he bowls like a moron.

perhaps he has finally grown a brain and will finally access his talent and achieve what he has always promised?

can it be at 29 Bing has finally grown up?

for those of us sick of his stupidity, and for those of us who believe underneath that show pony lies the potential for a good fast bowler this article is promising....

come on Bing Grow up and be what you can be!
Obesessed. How many threads is that now? 58898348?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope for Brett Lee yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back