Club Legend
Dec 6, 2005
Kaniva
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Kaniva
Jono Horn has completed his Top 50

1. Nick Stone (Collegians) 2. Fergus Watts (Collegians) 3. Justin Arnold (Old Xaverians)
4. Matthew Handley (Old Xaverians) 5. Steve Lawrence (Old Scotch) 6. Tony Brown (Old Haileybury)
7. Nick Ries (Collegians) 8. Sam Anstey (SBMT) 9. Leigh Hendra (Old Brighton)
10. Rayden Tallis (Old Camberwell) 11. Andrew Cultrera (Old Trinity) 12. Adam Pirrie (Old Brighton)
13. David Loats (Old Camberwell) 14. Hayden Heta (Old Ivanhoe) 15. Mark Ainley (Old Brighton)
16. Mark Paterson (Uni Blues) 17. Andrew Lowcock (Uni Blues) 18. Scott Curatolo (Old Ivanhoe)
19. Brett Collins (SBMT) 20. Andrew McGuinness (Old Brighton) 21. James Scanlon (Old Xaverians)
22. Jono Dixon (Collegians) 23. David Biggs (Old Essendon) 24. Jack Watts (Uni Blues)
25. Damian Adkins (Collegians) 26. Brendan Iezzi (Old Trinity) 27. Sam Chadwick (Uni Blues)
28. Nick Serafini (Old Xaverians) 29. Chris Blumfield (Collegians) 30. Jeremy Dukes (Ajax)
31. Evan Spargo (Old Ivanhoe) 32. Josh Mahoney (St Kevins) 33. Danny Roach (St Bernards)
34. Damian Lynch (Old Xaverians) 35. Aaron Shields (De La Salle) 36. Callan Potter (St Bernards)
37. Marty Pask (Uni Blacks) 38. Quinton Gleeson (Uni Blues) 39. Andrew Baxter (Collegians)
40. Trent Skurrie (Old Essendon) 41. James Jorgensen (Collegians) 42. Sam Johnston (Old Xaverians)
43. Kent Kingsley (Old Camberwell) 44. Ben Dowd (St Kevins) 45. Richard Eva (Old Scotch)
46. Adam Houlihan (Old Scotch) 47. Brett Voss (Old Haileybury) 48. Peter McGettigan (SBMT)
49. Ryan Sherman (De La Salle) 50. Simon Keleher (Ormond)

High reliance on ex-Afl players. Several who are and will always be injured, especially if they play for OCamb.

Great effort horn... obviously a tough task and a subjective one at that.
For what it is worth, I would have had A. Parker (OEG) and B. Snaddon (Monash Blues Club XVIII) in there but each to their own I guess.

Pretty handy list of players....

I'm assuming A Lewski from the jacka's wouldn't have been far away...there may not be a more professional player in the VFL let alone the VAFA than "the machine"...

I wonder if he's tempted to return to his school of origin...he'd slot in nicely next to Ries, Blumfield, Stone and co...

Awfully hard task. Good effort.

If i were a knocker.....Dowd and Keleher are great players, but not a patch on 3-4 guys running around the guts at Xavier.
I dont have Scanlon in my top 10 at Xavier. Disposal is shaky at best.
Tallis, Loats and Kingsley are not anywhere near top 50 IMO.

Great read!:thumbsu:

I think it is a cheap knockoff of The Sheik's work, and has more than a casual whiff of the jascaves about it.

Retrograde step, Hornet, a retrograde step. Scribe is overtaking you in more than the A Section tipping department.

Agreed - screams of desperation doesn't it? ;)
Honest list, though. Honest.
Me and Harps will enjoy ripping it apart next week online.

Looking forward to Beijing, Jono?

Fooooooottyyyyy...

You have got to be kidding horn - this clearly blows. Where on earth is little Jason Ritterman?? The kid even has a medal named after him yet you cant fit him into your top 50. I think you should put your yumaka back on and write this list again. This time stay off the sauce. However i do commend you on Trent Skurries selection - we've been hearing big things about him...mostly from him...but big things nonetheless.

Fooooooootyyyyyy

Agreed - screams of desperation doesn't it? ;)
Honest list, though. Honest.
Me and Harps will enjoy ripping it apart next week online.

Looking forward to Beijing, Jono?

Fraser tear it apart old son. I wouldn't have chosen Stone in a month of Sundays until I saw his game Saturday - reckon he took about 25 marks!

Mate, the Beijing media accreditation came in the mail last week - Jonathan Corn if you don't mind. Excitement is high I can tell you!

How the hell do you put Ryan Sherman in???

Not only is he a terrible outside player he is weak as pi$$ and isn't ever accountable....

Did a great job though hornbag, to get 49 out of 50 just about right isn't half bad, you must have been drunk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horn,

Fair effort and judging by the responses all are happy.

No room for Ben Corin and Peter Harrison.... State selecters seem to think they are the bees knees.

Perhaps Hotel Morel would sneak into the top 20????

God

Horn,

Fair effort and judging by the responses all are happy.

No room for Ben Corin and Peter Harrison.... State selecters seem to think they are the bees knees.

Perhaps Hotel Morel would sneak into the top 20????

God

GY

Jeff won't return my calls after I left him off the list. He was hard to include given that thew club dropped him like a hot potato after he went to the Doncaster races at Randrick!

rob alexander from rovers should be somehwere near the top. yes he plays c section forgiven for missing him but he was one of port melbournes best a yr or 2 ago

At 31. Evan Spargo -

The kid is an absolute gun... and he is still eligable to play in the u19 competition.

Has been in the top 3 bests every game this year so far... i know he did a pre-season with VFL club - Northern Bullants and was VERY suprised they didn't keep him, any OI personal want to shed light on what happened there???

A player to watch out for in years to come... if not already!

rob alexander from rovers should be somehwere near the top. yes he plays c section forgiven for missing him but he was one of port melbournes best a yr or 2 ago

Overrated. On a similar theme though is Anthony Palmer at Old Mentonians. He's been playing quality senior footy from B-D1 since he debuted in 1998. The sort of player when fully fit that can take us back up the grades. Teasedale wouldn't be far away from the top 50 either.

Any chance of any Beaumaris players in the top 50?? Braden Haynes has dominated all sections his been involved in and continues to this year. Luke Mcnicholas would normally have been easily in however injuries this year have post-poned his return.

Cant believe that you've got Burt Collins (SBMT) in the top 20 when Chunky Wintle and Rat Wintle couldn't even make the list. Burt doesn't even get the privilege of cleaning Chunky's boots - that's Kinsella's job.

Cant believe that you've got Burt Collins (SBMT) in the top 20 when Chunky Wintle and Rat Wintle couldn't even make the list. Burt doesn't even get the privilege of cleaning Chunky's boots - that's Kinsella's job.

Hey Horn, who did you play football for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Horn's Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back