Röyksopp - Monument (The Inevitable End Version) {Ft. Robyn}
Peking Duk - High {Ft. Nicole Millar}
Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
Kasabian - Stevie
Duck Sauce - NRG
Chvrches - Do I Wanna Know? {Like A Version 2014}
Chet Faker - Talk Is Cheap
Carmada - Maybe

I finally voted after knowing my top 10 for several weeks. Lazy.

Chet Faker - Gold
#1 Dads - Return To (Ft. Tom Snowdon)
ZHU - Gun
SBTRKT - Higher (Ft. Raury)
Kingswood - I Can Feel That You Don't Love Me
Glass Animals - Gooey
FKA Twigs - Two Weeks
Raury - God's Whisper
Hopium - Dreamers (Ft. Phoebe Lou)
DMA's - So We Know

I missed about 4 months of JJJ through the middle of the year, so it seems like a weak list to me.

Finally got around to voting. thewitness any major changes on the last day of voting?
Once again outstanding job and we all appreciate the effort.
My votes-
Total Control - Flesh War
Northeast Party House - The Haunted
Kite String Tangle, The - Arcadia
Hilltop Hoods - Cosby Sweater
Flight Facilities - Sunshine {Ft. Reggie Watts}
Deadmau5 - My Pet Coelacanth
Dan Sultan - No More Explanations
Asgeir - King And Cross
Childish Gambino - Sober
Chet Faker - Talk Is Cheap

Anyone else read this article http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2015/jan/16/triple-j-hottest-100-mainstream-music-australia in the Guardian about whether the Hottest 100 is getting more mainstream over time.
It's not getting more mainstream, there's just a massive popularity for vaguely alternative bands. It's a bit like in Britain, is the Mercury Prize really about indie bands? They're not U2 or Girls Aloud winning it, but that award can be given to bands who can sell out the O2.

Everyone is into Chet Faker. Even my parents know who he is. My dad hates the bloke and his music but he knows who he is!

the world's most overplayed song (Klingande - Jubel) will rack in the votes.

Here are three songs off the top of my head which I'm 99% sure will poll in the top 20.

Gold - Faker
'i'- Kendrick Lamar
Milky Chance- Stolen Dance

Triple J has evolved from a pretty awesome and gritty alternative station to a station which has a weird cringeworthy hyperhipster feel to it.

This post is oh so true but not for the reasons you think. JJJ is the same station it's always been, what's changed is you.

JJJ has always appealed to kids who think they're 'edgy', who think they're above the 'mainstream crap' played on commercial stations.

Then one day they realise that listening to music they think they should like instead of music they actually do like is ****ing stupid.

You grew up. Well done.

I can't stand this Taylor Swift campaign. As stupid as it sounds, the Hottest 100 actually does mean a lot to some people.

And that's why I voted for the Swift song. Not because I particularly like it, but anyone who'd be emotionally affected if Taylor Swift won deserves everything they get.

Here are my votes:
Hilltop Hoods - Cosby Sweater
SAFIA - You Are The One
FKA twigs - Two Weeks
Watermät - Bullit
Todd Terje - Inspector Norse
#1 Dads - Return To {Ft. Tom Snowdon}
Art vs Science - Create/Destroy
Allday - You Always Know The DJ
alt-J - Every Other Freckle
Röyksopp - Monument (The Inevitable End Version) {Ft. Robyn}

And my friends' votes:

Friend #1
10) Milky Chance - Stolen Dance
9) Presets, The - Goodbye Future
8) Kele - Doubt
7) Banks - Beggin For Thread
6) Sia - Chandelier
5) Watermät - Bullit
4) Calvin Harris - Pray To God {Ft. HAIM}
3) Röyksopp - Monument (The Inevitable End Version) {Ft. Robyn}
2) Chvrches - Get Away
1) Taylor Swift - Shake It Off

Friend #2
San Cisco - RUN
Royal Blood - Come On Over
Rise Against - I Don't Want To Be Here Anymore
Kingswood - Micro Wars
Husky - I'm Not Coming Back
Holy Holy - House Of Cards
Glass Animals - Gooey
Foo Fighters - Something From Nothing
British India - Wrong Direction
Asgeir - King And Cross

Friend #3
Sticky Fingers - Just For You
Skaters - Miss Teen Massachusetts
Royal Blood - Little Monster
Peking Duk - High {Ft. Nicole Millar}
Northeast Party House - The Haunted
Harts - When A Man's A Fool
Glass Animals - Love Lockdown {Like A Version 2014}
DZ Deathrays - Less Out Of Sync
Chet Faker - 1998
Banks - Beggin For Thread

Friend #4
Kooks, The - Around Town
Glass Animals - Pools
DZ Deathrays - Gina Works At Hearts
alt-J - Every Other Freckle
Sticky Fingers - Just For You
Jamie T - Rabbit Hole
Phantogram - Fall In Love
Kingswood - Micro Wars
Cold War Kids - First
Banks - Brain

And that's why I voted for the Swift song. Not because I particularly like it, but anyone who'd be emotionally affected if Taylor Swift won deserves everything they get.

You need to sand down those edges there, champ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have the unfortunate 'pleasure' of having no choice but to listen Triple J at work. I'd much rather have 3RRR or PBS or even stream KEXP.
Anyway decided to have a vote.

The war on drugs - under the pressure
The war on drugs - red eyes
Jungle - time
Jamie XX - under one roof raving
TV on the radio - happy idiot
Caribou - can't do without you
Bonobo - duals
Gold panda - clarkes dream
Smith St. Band - something I can hold in my hands.
Taylor Swift - shake it off.

Can't believe how much love Chet Faker gets, saw him at Meredith last year and it was a joke how bad he was.
People can whinge all they want about Taylor swift, but the song is extremely catchy and is 10 times better than a lot of the absolute crap the station plays.

I have the unfortunate 'pleasure' of having no choice but to listen Triple J at work. I'd much rather have 3RRR or PBS or even stream KEXP.
Anyway decided to have a vote.

The war on drugs - under the pressure
The war on drugs - red eyes
Jungle - time
Jamie XX - under one roof raving
TV on the radio - happy idiot
Caribou - can't do without you
Bonobo - duals
Gold panda - clarkes dream
Smith St. Band - something I can hold in my hands.
Taylor Swift - shake it off.

Can't believe how much love Chet Faker gets, saw him at Meredith last year and it was a joke how bad he was.
People can whinge all they want about Taylor swift, but the song is extremely catchy and is 10 times better than a lot of the absolute crap the station plays.
Just think. Instead of some of the other things they play, the listeners could be getting down to This

Sick

Beat

Yeah probably. It's a sign of age, but as you get older sonny you'll realise that winding up kids is one of life's great pleasures. Particularly when you can wind them up with something so unimportant as a music poll.

Yeah probably. It's a sign of age, but as you get older sonny you'll realise that winding up kids is one of life's great pleasures. Particularly when you can wind them up with something so unimportant as a music poll.

Unimportant to you.

I actually enjoy this song a lot more than some of the music that has made the Hottest 100 in recent years, it's catchy, you can dance to it, the fact that so many people find it so offensive is a bonus.

This retort is so childish. The dude just doesn't like Triple J. Barely an attempt at being edgy.

I saw him at a festival this year and just didn't get it, either. I kept waiting for him to drop some obvious, noticeable banger but every song he played sounded exactly the same. It was so insular and narrow and beige. The guy walked on stage, sang his songs, and then said thanks and left – not everyone should do a Ziggy Stardust but everyone loves a showman talking tripe. Totally bizarre how he's this big.

A really close friend and I were supposed to be seeing Chet Faker at the end of Feb (already have the tickets and everything), but our friendship has become very rocky and it has left a bitter taste in my mouth towards Chet Faker

I can't even remember what I voted for anymore. I might have posted in this thread, I'm not sure. The only tracks I can be certain that I voted for are Livin' In The City by JBT & Spinners by The Hold Steady.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hottest 100 of 2014 prediction thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back