Hottest 100 of 2014 prediction thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Alternative music can be popular.
But you'd have to agree that there are some fans of Triple J that relish in the unpopular and judge music primarily on its popularity
These same people will then ironically complain that the popularity contest didnt go their way
It is for those people that the Swift campaign is running.

Alternative music can be popular.

Kanye West and Macklemore are not alternative. Triple J do have good alternative, indie music, it's called Unearthed. The Hottest 100 is not alternative and hasn't been for a very long time.

But you'd have to agree that there are some fans of Triple J that relish in the unpopular and judge music primarily on its popularity
These same people will then ironically complain that the popularity contest didnt go their way
It is for those people that the Swift campaign is running.

Anyone who hates a song because it's popular is a pretentious tool. However 'Shake It Off' being popular isn't why I hate this campaign.

If you genuinely like Shake It Off, I don't mind if you vote for it. In fact, I encourage it. But the people who are voting ironically for Shake It Off to mess with the countdown are idiots who are a neckbeard & Guy Fawkes mask away from being le epic trooolllz.

A really close friend and I were supposed to be seeing Chet Faker at the end of Feb (already have the tickets and everything), but our friendship has become very rocky and it has left a bitter taste in my mouth towards Chet Faker
He seems to be getting a lot of votes for someone no one actually seems to like. I certainly don't get the appeal. There appears to be actually nothing interesting about any of his songs.

He seems to be getting a lot of votes for someone no one actually seems to like. I certainly don't get the appeal. There appears to be actually nothing interesting about any of his songs.

The only time I ever seem to listen to him is at about 4am after coming home from a night out on the town, high as a kite. :p

Aside from that, I don't give him much of a listen.

thewitness , if that particular website that allowed you to directly vote for Taylor Swift recorded 2,400+ votes, and from memory you said a song requires 1,200+ votes to make the Top 100, do you think we'll be hearing Shake It Off on Australia Day?

Voting for Shake it Off is effectively bullying if you dont listen to Triple J

Its like kicking over someone else's sandcastle.

Just a prick move
In that anyone genuinely upset over it is a toddler?

It's something that is gone as soon as it's built anyway?

It's something that come next summer you've completely forgotten about and moved on from?

It's something that I'm perfectly happy to do to win $5k?

No matter which way you look at it, it's a winning analogy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voting for Shake it Off is effectively bullying if you dont listen to Triple J

Its like kicking over someone else's sandcastle.

Just a prick move

I think it points out the blatant hypocrisy and snobbishness among Triple J listeners. It has nothing to do with the fact that Swift is famous, it's about WHY she's famous.

In that anyone genuinely upset over it is a toddler?

It's something that is gone as soon as it's built anyway?

It's something that come next summer you've completely forgotten about and moved on from?

It's something that I'm perfectly happy to do to win $5k?

No matter which way you look at it, it's a winning analogy.
Just a massive campaigner move really

Go on. Why is she famous?

Or maybe it would be more correct to say HOW she's famous.

Because she's garnered fame with younger women and because she became popular from this specific appeal she can't be seen by these people as a 'real' artist, the dislike for her is really ridiculous when these same people fawn over Kanye West as if he's a god.

The funny thing is if she wasn't so successful she'd fill a niche the same way the Triple J listeners claim their music does.

Or maybe it would be more correct to say HOW she's famous.

Because she's garnered fame with younger women and because she became popular from this specific appeal she can't be seen by these people as a 'real' artist, the dislike for her is really ridiculous when these same people fawn over Kanye West as if he's a god.

The funny thing is if she wasn't so successful she'd fill a niche the same way the Triple J listeners claim their music does.
No that's just blatantly wrong, her music is country pop - which just isnt in Triple J's wheelhouse. Her popularity has nothing to do with it and your only saying that because of an incorrect interpretation of Triple J and their audience.

Also Kanye West is ****ing awful

I don't see it to be honest

Whilst she may not be your particular taste you can't deny she is attractive. I don't buy the "because she's talented" line, I'd like to have seen her have become this popular if she weighed 100+ kg and looked like a shoe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hottest 100 of 2014 prediction thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back