Hottest 100 of the '10s

Remove this Banner Ad

A few years ago Courtney Barnett and The Smith Street Band seemed fairly inescapable.

Sad that the likes of Radiohead and David Bowie couldn't get a look-in, but they are old I guess.

I’m ropable about Young Drunk missing after I got the song added to the voting 🤣

A few years ago Courtney Barnett and The Smith Street Band seemed fairly inescapable.

Sad that the likes of Radiohead and David Bowie couldn't get a look-in, but they are old I guess.
RH my #1 band ever and I wouldn’t have any in my 100 of the decade.

Barnett ripped off though.

Well I got a #2, #26 and #170 (the only ones that had a hope). I'll have to take that.

The winner could've been a lot worse, but also a fair bit better (Let it Happen and Same Old Mistakes from that album are clearly superior).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RH my #1 band ever and I wouldn’t have any in my 100 of the decade.

Barnett ripped off though.
Lotus Flower is in my top 5, and then Ful Stop and I Promise (archival) would be top 50-ish, but I get that.

Ever since they barely made a ripple in the 2011 countdown I've been cool with it.

Any other big bands to miss?

I thought Beyonce might get in with Hold Up. Grimes had a lot of airplay a few years ago. Halsey's blown up the last couple of years and had nothing in the 200. I know Triple J (for some reason) went off Radiohead, but I thought Lotus Flower would be in the top 200.

I thought Beyonce might get in with Hold Up. Grimes had a lot of airplay a few years ago. Halsey's blown up the last couple of years and had nothing in the 200. I know Triple J (for some reason) went off Radiohead, but I thought Lotus Flower would be in the top 200.

Also no Fleet Foxes I noted.

“Oblivion” totally ripped off!

Pretty thrilled with it overall. Top 5 were all excellent.

The Less I Know The Better definitely a worthy winner. Felt that Runaway was robbed though! #14, behind Chet Faker and Big Jet Plane? Ugh.

So for my votes:

NA: BROCKHAMPTON - BOOGIE
187: Miike Snow - Genghis Khan
156: Hockey Dad - Join The Club
77: Kanye West - Black Skinhead
28: Childish Gambino - Redbone
26: Tame Impala - Let It Happen
23: Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta
12: alt-J - Breezeblocks
4: Violent Soho - Covered In Chrome
3: Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know?

how Runaway didn't crack the top 10 yet Big Jet Plane and Brother did, ugh. typical over saturating votes for Aussie artists, and that's without mentioning King Kunta not making it either. the two biggest rap songs of the last decade.

Covered in Chrome at #4, beautiful. can't argue with the top 5 though I have never enjoyed STIUTK, ever. can't wait for all the "BUT WHERE ARE ALL THE WOMEN" comments to come out with the best being Lorde at 16. make better music and you'll perform better tbh.

When I was talking about major omissions from the 200 earlier tonight I mentioned Beyonce, Radiohead, Grimes and Halsey. Others also mentioned Courtney Barnett, which was a big omission.

A couple of others that occurred to me tonight might be the most shocking - I'm almost certain that neither AB Original or The XX made it into the 200. That's crazy to me. January 26, Angels, and maybe even Say Something Loving are songs that I would've though certainties for the 100 - and none of them even made the 200.

Onto my votes:
- Robyn, Bon Iver, Tame Impala (feels like we only go backwards) and GOY (Magnolia) made the 100.
- Meg Mac and Middle Kids made the 200

Of those that missed, The Jezabels (Mace Spray) probably isn't a huge surprise, Architecture in Helsinki (Contact High) is a surprise to me in not making the 200, Beyonce (Hold Up) as mentioned earlier was a big surprise to me, and then Mitski (Your best American girl) wasn't a surprise at all.

how Runaway didn't crack the top 10 yet Big Jet Plane and Brother did, ugh. typical over saturating votes for Aussie artists, and that's without mentioning King Kunta not making it either. the two biggest rap songs of the last decade.

Covered in Chrome at #4, beautiful. can't argue with the top 5 though I have never enjoyed STIUTK, ever. can't wait for all the "BUT WHERE ARE ALL THE WOMEN" comments to come out with the best being Lorde at 16. make better music and you'll perform better tbh.

Well technically Julia Stone and Kimbra were both higher. Edit: and Kai.
And it is a legitimate question in most cases.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Hottest 100 of the '10s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back