Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the chances of back to back battles? 😀

I guess things will simmer down again for an episode or 2 until the next one.
yep. traditionally the penultimate episode is when shit his the fan.

like in afl when pundits trot out By round X, the top 8 is set

That was awesome. Lots going on everywhere.

BBQ'ed Aegon ouch.

Aemond was pretty quick to ask who was going to be ruler.

Allicent saw Aemond with Aegon's dagger. She also knows Cole lied to her about what happened. She hates having no power. Welcome to Rhaenyra's world

Did lol at Daemon being referred to as King consort after Matt Smith's role in the Crown.

Wtf is Alys giving Daemon to have those incestuous visions/dreams?

Enjoyed Rhaenyra and Baela talking about Rhaenys.

Loved Jace and Rhaenyra finally figuring out they need riders for the spare dragons.

Hugh the blacksmith!!

Need to watch again.

A bit of a boring episode. They can't all be epic. Talky, talky. Aegon toast in a coma. Let the people eat dragon!

Nice twist at the last minute to find scores of family members that could ride dragons.

Last edited:
A bit of a boring episode. They can't all be epic. Talky, talky. Aegon on toast in a coma. Let the people eat dragon!

Nice twist at the last minute to find scores of family members that could ride dragons.
If you think of the season as an essay on the themes and thesis of a story, that episode was the feminist, anti patriarchy paragraph highlighting the rashness of men, how women are "second sons" in the eyes of their fathers (to quote a Tyrion line in GoT) and how women are not the property of their husbands.

Not personally the part of HotD thesis that speaks as much to me but I could appreciate the construction of it.

If you think of the season as an essay on the themes and thesis of a story, that episode was the feminist, anti patriarchy paragraph highlighting the rashness of men, how women are "second sons" in the eyes of their fathers (to quote a Tyrion line in GoT) and how women are not the property of their husbands.

Not personally the part of HotD thesis that speaks as much to me but I could appreciate the construction of it.
Can you tell us anything about the 2 dragons that Jace was referring to that don’t have riders?

I assume one is the one that Daemond was singing to that time and that the other is from the son of Corlys?

What’s their backstory?

Can you tell us anything about the 2 dragons that Jace was referring to that don’t have riders?

I assume one is the one that Daemond was singing to that time and that the other is from the son of Corlys?

What’s their backstory?
Yes, Vermithor was the one Daemond was singing to during last season. The largest dragon alive other than Vaghar (that has been tamed) and was the Dragon of King Viserys grand father (Rhaneyras great grandfather and the one we saw on the throne in the first great council ar Harrenhall when the male v female succession was determined). The other, Silverwing, is another tamed dragon who's former rider was (I believe, but may be wrong) King Viserys' grandmother.

Some of these Dragons have been around since Aegons conquest.

The original 3 Dragons were Balerion the Black Dread, Aegons dragon, biggest dragon we've ever seen in GoT. King Viserys was its last rider and he never took another after it died.

Vhagar was Aegons first sister wives' Dragon. Extensively experienced in battle with Balerion and has been alive for hundreds and hundreds of years at this point.

Melys (if I recall correctly) was Aegons second sister wives dragon (Visenya, the one Rhaneyra was reading about in this episode). So there was some poetry to those two fighting each other in this season. Edit... apologies the other of the three Dragons was Meraxes, not Melys. So Melys is one of the next generation with Caraxes, discussed below. Meraxes was killed by a scorpion to the eye and I believe it is the skull that sits behind Rhaneyras room on Dragonstone which is missing an eye socket and which we've seen a couple of times this season.

Caraxes, Vermithor, Silverwing are from the next generation of Dragons and have all had riders before. There's been about 4 or 5 generations of Targaryans since Aegons conquest. The Targaryans rotate through them and hatch new ones over time.

The other Dragons, including Rhaneyras Syrax, such are all first generation Dragons and as such are a lot lest experienced and strong than Vhagar, Melys, Vermithor and Silverwing. In the period before "the Dance" (this civil war) there was an explosion in dragon population that hadn't really been seen before.

Importantly Vermithor and Silverwing have been tamed before so may be able to be ridden again and doing so would be a big advantage in battle. This is where the Blacks have a strong advantage because all the Dragons generally live around Dragonstone where they have for hundreds of years.

There's also Seasmoke which was Laenors dragon who we saw earlier in the season being all sad. It being the other formerly tamed dragon currently unclaimed.

I think there may be an unclaimed old dragon at Kings Landing in the Dragonpit called Quicksilver. But I'm not 100% sure of that.

In addition to those Dragons there are a number of wild Dragons that have never been tamed before. They live around Dragonstone but have never been ridden by a Targaryan or otherwise.

Last edited:
Yes, Vermithor was the one Daemond was singing to during last season. The largest dragon alive other than Vaghar (that has been tamed) and was the Dragon of King Viserys grand father (Rhaneyras great grandfather and the one we saw on the throne in the first great council ar Harrenhall when the male v female succession was determined). The other, Silverwing, is another tamed dragon who's former rider was (I believe, but may be wrong) King Viserys' grandmother.

Some of these Dragons have been around since Aegons conquest.

The original 3 Dragons were Balerion the Black Dread, Aegons dragon, biggest dragon we've ever seen in GoT. King Viserys was its last rider and he never took another after it died.

Vhagar was Aegons first sister wives' Dragon. Extensively experienced in battle with Balerion and has been alive for hundreds and hundreds of years at this point.

Melys (if I recall correctly) was Aegons second sister wives dragon (Visenya, the one Rhaneyra was reading about in this episode). So there was some poetry to those two fighting each other in this season. Edit... apologies the other of the three Dragons was Meraxes, not Melys. So Melys is one of the next generation with Caraxes, discussed below. Meraxes was killed by a scorpion to the eye and I believe it is the skull that sits behind Rhaneyras room on Dragonstone which is missing an eye socket and which we've seen a couple of times this season.

Caraxes, Vermithor, Silverwing are from the next generation of Dragons and have all had riders before. There's been about 4 or 5 generations of Targaryans since Aegons conquest. The Targaryans rotate through them and hatch new ones over time.

The other Dragons, including Rhaneyras Syrax, such are all first generation Dragons and as such are a lot lest experienced and strong than Vhagar, Melys, Vermithor and Silverwing. In the period before "the Dance" (this civil war) there was an explosion in dragon population that hadn't really been seen before.

Importantly Vermithor and Silverwing have been tamed before so may be able to be ridden again and doing so would be a big advantage in battle. This is where the Blacks have a strong advantage because all the Dragons generally live around Dragonstone where they have for hundreds of years.

There's also Seasmoke which was Laenors dragon who we saw earlier in the season being all sad. It being the other formerly tamed dragon currently unclaimed.

I think there may be an unclaimed old dragon at Kings Landing in the Dragonpit called Quicksilver. But I'm not 100% sure of that.

In addition to those Dragons there are a number of wild Dragons that have never been tamed before. They live around Dragonstone but have never been ridden by a Targaryan or otherwise.
Thanks so much. You went above and beyond with that response 👍

People don't have attention spans anymore :(

I understand why some people would find these episodes boring, especially those who already know whats going to happen.

I know I wouldn't find it as interesting if I knew what was going to happen to all the characters.

It was still a good episode for me, probably the main thing from it was Daemon admitting that he wants the throne all to himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the ending set up the next few seasons - not a book reader - highlighting all the people at play seemingly waiting

I understand this is a long game series so episodes like this are fine. It had enough intrigue and positioning to look forward to more

Ser Cole getting friend zoned was nice

I think the ending set up the next few seasons - not a book reader - highlighting all the people at play seemingly waiting

I understand this is a long game series so episodes like this are fine. It had enough intrigue and positioning to look forward to more

The thing about the book is its a history book and goes right up to around to the 'Blackfyre Rebellion', which is the next Targaryen Civil War between a bastard Targaryen 'Blackfyre' and the 'legitimate' Targaryens. After that civil war is the time of 'Dunk and Egg', when Bloodraven is in his early 20s, and Master Aemond who ends up on the wall in GoT is born. So about 100 years before GoT.

The point being, I don't think anyone, including book readers, really knows when the series is going to end. The history goes on and on, so we're not sure how far they'll take it.

Last edited:

Oh, was this the finale?

Power through grief

Lord corlys has deep soul and his silent tear demonstrated his somber

Queen wants the sea snake. Hand.

Everyone stressed.

Rhaneyra needs a female voice. Turns to rasaria.

Maylys head. Wow. Trying to convince everyone they won the battle. But the small folk aren’t happy. This is politics of the people. Dragons are gods. Now they know the nobles can be felled.

Great power comes great responsibility. Aemond taking the ball and takes the lead. He knows the red keep is his.

Daemon lol getting smashed by the people. Other houses don’t like him.

I understand why some people would find these episodes boring, especially those who already know whats going to happen.

I know I wouldn't find it as interesting if I knew what was going to happen to all the characters.

It was still a good episode for me, probably the main thing from it was Daemon admitting that he wants the throne all to himself.

I was enjoying the intrigue in last week's episode before it went epic with the dragons.

I don't know what's going to happen, just thought this week's show was a bit flat.

I was enjoying the intrigue in last week's episode before it went epic with the dragons.

I don't know what's going to happen, just thought this week's show was a bit flat.

I agree to some extent, there have been a handful of these kind of episodes that have been better than this one.

The ending of them talking about new riders for the dragons was probably one the weakest ending to episode so far in the series.

I agree to some extent, there have been a handful of these kind of episodes that have been better than this one.

The ending of them talking about new riders for the dragons was probably one the weakest ending to episode so far in the series.
That is a pretty climatic point though. Currently they have no way to combat Vhagar without risking Rhaneyra. The future of the war effectively comes down to an arms race.

I think it's a very critical and interesting point.

Do people in this thread have any idea who the new Dragon Riders may be?

Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back