Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking about the 14 days - it may have been considerably less than that. It's possible they put him (and the dragon head) on a ship, and transported them to KL that way. This would have been much faster than traveling by road, and he could have been back in KL within 2-3 days (maybe only 1 day, with favourable winds).

All we saw was him being transported through the streets of KL, on the back of a cart. There's no reason why he couldn't have been shipped to KL on a boat, then transported to the keep in the cart.

Regardless, it doesn't explain why he received no treatment at all at Raven's Rest, and he's still missed the "golden hour" by at least a day.
They couldn’t go by ship because of the sea snakes blockade

They couldn’t go by ship because of the sea snakes blockade
Rook's Rest is inside The Gullett, and thus inside the blockade. There's a reasonable chance they'd be able to sail from Rook's Rest to King's Landing.

Just seems like another Mandalorian.

Not at all.

I think it will be a big hit, as some of everyone’s favorite episodes were simply Arya and The Hound travelling the countryside. It will have a similar vibe.

It’s also in my opinion in the best era in the game of thrones universe.

The Blackfyre rebellion characters are the best and exist in the time setting of the new series.

We already met one of them in the first series, teaching Bran how to be the three eyed raven. Bloodraven is close to the most badass interesting character in the entire universe.

Last edited:
Not at all.

I think it will be a big hit, as some of everyone’s favorite episodes were simply Arya and The Hound travelling the countryside. It will have a similar vibe.

It’s also in my opinion in the best era in the game of thrones universe.

The Blackfyre rebellion characters are the best and exist in the time setting of the new series.

We already met one of them in the first series, teaching Bran how to be the three eyed raven. Bloodraven is close to the most badass interesting character in the entire universe.

Everyone's?

Everyone's?

Maybe a generalization.

But I feel like the general criticism of the final season of GOT was the pacing in comparison to some of the more fleshed out story lines like Arya and The Hound on the road of earlier seasons.

The Knight of the Seven Kingdoms should have a similar pacing feel to those earlier GOT seasons vs the final GOT seasons and House of the Dragon where they have to get through a lot of story in 30-40 episodes.

Anyway, Daemon's vision in the season finale confirmed that Lord Bloodraven was the 3 eyed raven in the tree beyond the wall. He exists in the era of the setting of the Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, which is my favourite era of the books with some of the most unique and famous characters in the canon.

Maybe a generalization.

But I feel like the general criticism of the final season of GOT was the pacing in comparison to some of the more fleshed out story lines like Arya and The Hound of earlier seasons.

Anyway, Daemon's vision in the season finale confirmed that Lord Bloodraven was the 3 eyed raven in the tree beyond the wall.

I think people - or at least I - enjoyed the Arya and Hound scenes for their light heartedness in some otherwise grim, dark episodes, but I dunno if an entire show just around that sort of plot would be particularly engaging.

I think people - or at least I - enjoyed the Arya and Hound scenes for their light heartedness in some otherwise grim, dark episodes, but I dunno if an entire show just around that sort of plot would be particularly engaging.

I'm not going to even hint at spoilers.

But it's not a mundane story, there's depth to the story even if at it's heart it's a light hearted "on the road" type feel about it.

Only my prediction, but I think it's going to be a big hit as it has the characteristics of what people enjoyed about the first 4-5 seasons of GOT.

It will be interesting if they expand on the dates of the novella's further past the story, as a lot occurs around those dates and it would make sense to wrap it into "this series" rather than create a new one.

It's one of the logical next installments.

I imagine if the 1 or 2 seasons covering the Novella's are a hit, there's a possibility that it gets expanded into 5-7 seasons and we see the decades that follow under the same series title.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did lol at Daemon being referred to as King consort after Matt Smith's role in the Crown.

Sorry, took me ages to finish this season as I wanted to watch S1 again first before I did. So now I'm catching up on this thread but wanted to quote this for lols as I was definitely thinking the same thing

The only thing I find the hardest with some of these shows (Stranger Things included) is the big time gap does nothing to slow the effects of age of younger cast members. Given that the seasons do not move forward in time by much, the appearances of the younger crew throw you when the season begins again. S3 of this will be just as bad.

Maybe Milly could have stayed in the show...

George's points are 100% accurate. The show using 'budgetary' reasons to cut an essential character that impacts the line of succession and therefore the logical actions of the characters, while simultaneously spending budget on their fan fiction scenes like Daemon going crazy for six episodes or Rhaneyra and Allicent wanting to run away together and abandon all of Allicent's male children, is diabolically bad.

An author and friend of GRRM's also claims this was the most tame and basic of his criticisms of the show and she had spent a weekend with him while he was in the UK and he had a lot more and a lot worse to say about this season.

You will recall I was highly supportive of this show throughout season 1 and for the first 3-5 episodes of season 2 but they really got over their skis in the second half of the season, dissolving into booktok smut-level narrative and shipping culture over story, they drastically need to correct it. I suspect Hess is at fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back