Teams Houston Texans - Battle Red

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Texans will choose Bush

Possibility of Javon Walker to Saints with a swap of picks. I'd be happy with that, as Stallpepper could then be moved on (if anyone would take him), and at #5 there'll be at least Bush, D'Brick, Leinart, Mario or Hawk. Wouldn't be sad with any of those.:thumbsu:

I'd think that the saints will pick Williams or Ferguson.... not a QB. It would just be stupid to go get Brees then draft a QB... Brees has only been in the league 4 years?...!

They have so many needs they cant really go wrong. Huff and Hawk are going to be good players for a long time but I dont think they are valued high enough... but they are impact players!

neddy36 said:
Texans will nab Bush - no doubt....

I am getting a strong feeling that the Jets and Saints may swap picks. Jets to 2 and Saints to 4 (Saints may pick up an extra 3rd rounder).

I think the Saints really want D'Brickashaw Ferguson and are just feigning interest in Williams to tempt the Jets to trade. Ferguson will provide backside protection for Brees and help create running lanes for McAllister. If the Jets don't bite, I can still see the Saints taking Ferguson at #2. Jets want a pass rusher to cover the loss of Abraham. Its just a question of how bad they want him.

Titans will go the safe option and take Leinart at 3. I think Norm Chow's influence and history will be the deciding factor.

Look for the Bills to trade back and get better value for their pick, which they will spend on either Winston Justice, Haloti Ngata or Broderick Bunkley. A QB hungry team may want to jump into the top 10 to get a sliding Vince Young or Jay Cutler.

Draft day throws up so many surprises, so I could be way off the mark. I wonder if Javon Walker will be traded on Draft Day??

From a Titans fans perspective (and it has been a rough couple of years) I would like to see Young taken at number 3. The Guy has the biggest upside of any player in the draft. 6 foot 5 and with lightning speed and severely underrated passing ability (completed approx 65% of passes) not to mention over 400 all purpose yards in the Rose ball against Bush and Leinart's USC.

Plus he is from the South. I dont care if I have to wait 18 months before he takes a snap, he could be a cross between Michael Vick and Donovan McNabb. Would be well worth the wait.

Reports today are saying the Texans have come to a deal with Mario Williams. Don't no what to make of it as i still think bush is a lock for number 1 but it makes thigns interesting. I have a feeling its a ploy to get Bush's salary down a little.

It's official...

The Texans take Mario Williams with the first pick

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/9404220

Have been reading the rumours that the Saints and Packers may trade, but I could only see us trading up to get Williams. Who knows though?

Either way, they've got plenty of time to work something out if it does happen...

Jets fans are going crazy on another board I am on. I woke up this morning expecting to see some nice and friendly mock draft and see this. And it is actually saying they have signed him not plan to take him. How stupid is their GM do you think?

Bizarre decision by the Texans. How could they pass up a once in a lifetime talent like Bush? My Falcons should trade up to get Bush, I know it won't happen, but just imagine a Vick - Bush lineup

I'm legitmiately shocked, i seriously can't believe this. What the hell is wrong with them? They will regret this for a long tme.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported that other teams are interested in trading up and trying to get Bush in the draft. Among five teams that have contacted the Saints are the Raiders and the Packers. The Cardinals might be interested in trading up to No. 2, also, but they are not interested in drafting Bush.

I think if the Cards trade up to nuber 2 it will be for Ferguson.

This screws up every mock draft i have seen, knowone seen this coming.

JeffDunne said:
I am stunned.

I'm almost too scared to look at what the Saints will do at #2.

Are you serious? I'd be excited, as the Saints will either get a once in a generation player (Bush) or one hell of a trade!

This has really put the cat amongst the pigeons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong - I'm over the moon. My comments are based more on our history with first round picks.

The Texans have done us a huge favour.

IMO, we will trade down with the Jets for their first two picks. Then it will get interesting. If the Jets and Titans take QB's, Reggie will still be there at 4. We'd be insane not to trade down.

What would I do?

I'd trade #2 to Jets for #4 and #29 (if they do that we are set).

I suspect though much hasn't changed for the Jets - the Texans were never going to take a QB.

If nobody trades, I'd take Bush.

If the Jets trade we may still get him at #4, and even then, I'd be tempted to trade down again with a the 49ers if they really want Bush.

IMO, trading out of the top 5 on the first trade would be a huge mistake.

Don't be so sure.

Wouldn't really make any difference to us, if we want Bush we take him at #2. If we don't, it's a bonus and gives us even more leverage if he's still there at 4. If he's not, we still get one of Hawk or Ferguson and the additional picks.

I doubt Bush wants to play in New Orleans and I doubt the Saints take him. I think they raffle the pick and get what they can.

Re: What should Houston do?

JeffDunne said:
A franchise needs to give the impression they know what they are doing . . .
Never underestimate the stupidity of team owners. :D

25-D0526.jpg

Thank you Texans. :thumbsu:

Mario Williams

2 sacks an returned a fumble for a TD today. Didnt watch the game but that sounds like a huge improvment already.
Going to be one hell of a defense in a few years that Texans D.

Anyone else happy to see him going well?

Re: Mario Williams

lol

And LT has more passing TD's than Grassman.

Anyhow, yes I was impressed.

Impressed enough to add him to my fantasy team. ;)

I had more rushing yards than LT had half way through the 2nd qtr today, was -2 or something like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Houston Texans - Battle Red

Remove this Banner Ad

Back