Teams Houston Texans - Battle Red

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Mario Williams: Cop That!

How many round 1 picks do they need on defense? :)

When I look at the Texans D I see a Carltonesque bevy of early draft picks. If these blokes all live up to their potential they'll have a formidable D over the coming years.

The signs are good thus far, DeMeco Ryans I already regard as probably the best MLB in the AFC, Dunta Robinson is a seriously underrated CB, Williams is having a great year at DE, Okoye can play DE/DT and has 5.5 sacks on the year, Johnson is a star at WR, and they are getting great value out of Dayne at RB.

Franchise QB needed, as I've said.

What they've done with the defence is fantastic, instead of just trying to build it around one guy, they've made a concerted effort over a number of years to get quality talent in at the MOST important positions DE/DT, MLB and CB.

Not really. Trent Dilfer (TB's #1 pick > #6 overall) has a Ravens SB ring playing for a defence savvy team for what is shaping to be the Texans strength.

Also Brad Johnson wears a SB ring as a Buccaneer. Also a DEFENSE Savvy team

Sage Rosenfels has that type of name to take the Texans to the BIG DANCE. :)

Not really. Trent Dilfer (TB's #1 pick > #6 overall) has a Ravens SB ring playing for a defence savvy team for what is shaping to be the Texans strength.

Those teams were one year wonders...

Texans should be aiming to embark on a multi SB success era, because with a franchise QB and all the other ingredients, they more than have the potential to do so. If they could take and 'ERA' of dominance, not just a 'YEAR' of dominance I think they would.

Re: What should Houston do?

Never underestimate the stupidity of team owners. :D

25-D0526.jpg

Thank you Texans. :thumbsu:

BUMP!!!

well, well, well... JD has something to answer for now... :D

Re: Texans will choose Bush

I get the feeling Mario Williams is becoming a product of his own hype, he's good, but with all the media he's getting you'd think he's the second coming of Reggie White.

BUMP!!

Interesting comment by DonAce.

Jets fans are going crazy on another board I am on. I woke up this morning expecting to see some nice and friendly mock draft and see this. And it is actually saying they have signed him not plan to take him. How stupid is their GM do you think?

Hehe very stupid :eek:. Woops.

This was certainly a fun draft though for those at the top.

Those teams were one year wonders...

Texans should be aiming to embark on a multi SB success era, because with a franchise QB and all the other ingredients, they more than have the potential to do so. If they could take and 'ERA' of dominance, not just a 'YEAR' of dominance I think they would.

The burning question is whether they go QB shopping this off-season or just give Rosenfels time to develop or perhaps are thinking all along that Matt Schaub is their man??? he is only 26 still.

I agree that to become a regular contender for the play-off, stability @ QB is vital. Texans have to get 1 more win to achieve a franchise record. (@Indy & Jax) .

This season they won only 1 game (Dolphins) in a six week span. :thumbsdown:

Ahh yes we robbed the Texans pretty nicely in the Matt "Pre-Season Superstar" Schaub deal. Moved up 2 spots in the first round of the draft and have another second round pick coming in next year's draft to boot.

I know he's had injury problems most of the season but he is just not the answer. The amount of hype generated for that bloke was simply amazing,a lot of Falcon fans even thought he should be our starting QB during the Vick era.
Thanks Texans :thumbsu:

Garcia reminds me of Brad Johnson, a good solid QB that fits right into the Tampa Bay style offence.

Not so sure on Rosenfels... need a few games yet.

My opinion is that if you have a choice out of a great RB vs a great defensive guy like a DE you go for defence EVERY time (unless you are absolutely covered in that area).

An average RB can get the job done if the systems right, dont know if you can say that with a pass rusher.

Some people may be different but even at the top of the draft I'd rather fill holes even if it meant passing the 'popular' pick and at the time they had a QB/RB combo they were going forward with.

If I was a Texans fan I wouldn't be too dissapointed at all.

Woodson its WAY too early to call who made the right decision.

You know you're right camsmith but I thought it'd be fun to look back at time.. see what was said.. :D

Keep the B@stards honest kinda thing. ;)

Garcia reminds me of Brad Johnson, a good solid QB that fits right into the Tampa Bay style offence.

Not so sure on Rosenfels... need a few games yet.

My opinion is that if you have a choice out of a great RB vs a great defensive guy like a DE you go for defence EVERY time (unless you are absolutely covered in that area).

An average RB can get the job done if the systems right, dont know if you can say that with a pass rusher.

Garcia has perhaps ONE quality season in him. Whether the Buccs do something totally BIZARE in the play-offs this post season is left to be seen, Garcia is more a dynamic player than BJ so I wasn't be surprised if the Buccs scare the beejeezus out of the NFC heavyweights. Garcia is definately FUN to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong - I'm over the moon. My comments are based more on our history with first round picks.

The Texans have done us a huge favour.

IMO, we will trade down with the Jets for their first two picks. Then it will get interesting. If the Jets and Titans take QB's, Reggie will still be there at 4. We'd be insane not to trade down.

...;)

Super Mario and those boys from Texas begs to differ at this point.

I guess you should have looked at the history of Heismann Trophy Winners too.

...;)

Regardless of how happy the Texans are with Williams, the Texans did do the Saints a huge favour.

Reggie was exactly what the Saints needed. I'm not just talking what he brings onfield but he gave a franchise on life support a huge shot in the arm.

...;)

I guess you should have looked at the history of Heismann Trophy Winners too.

Why?

NO already have two v.good DE's. If the Saints go back in time and had to choose between Mario and Bush they'd take Bush every time. Assessing Bush as the lone back is pointless, he wasn't a lone back in college and he'll never be a lone back in the NFL. Duece going down hurt both the Saints and Bush more than the average fan realises. Bush is such a versatile RB, the Saints game plan is to play Bush from various positions on the field, they can do that with Deuce still in the backfield since team still have to respect the run. Bush in a split back formation, single back or in motion is what he's all about.

Will Mario be the more effective player? Who knows, but we do know that each team got what they needed.

haha id take Bush every day of the week! IN any draft u really must take the best player available UNLESS the spot he plays is already tied up by an excellent long term option

The saints werent to know how Mccallister would be after his knee so they had to take him and it will work out well. This is Bush's second season. In all honesty i dont think we will see the best of Reggie Bush until year 4 or 5

TBH, the talk of Williams/Bush is silly. Both are worthy top 5 picks and both teams would be happy with the package they drafted. Who knows what the Saints would have done if Bush went at 1, but I can guarantee the Saints haven't had a second thought drafting Bush. Hawk I reckon would have been our pick had Bush been gone and while he would have been handy, Fujita has been one of our best FA acquisitions. Same re Young or any other QB, Saints looked after that in FA.

The best offensive player out of that draft wasn't Bush or Young but some no-name drafted in the 7th round.

Baring injury, Colston will be a HOF WR. Huge call I know . . . but he's a gem. F*** knows how he almost didn't get drafted. Great hands, always gets yards after than catch, great character guy . . . he's the total package.

Agree with u re Colston JD, super hands and makes big plays.

I remember in the NFC conference championship game last year he made some nice catches in the snow.

Hopefully Brees, Bush and Colston are part of a great offense in the next few years, an offense that has the potential to create a dynasty. Ok big call i know, but hey with Bush having more experience and Colston still young, it is an exciting time for the saints.

Houston Texans Baltimore Ravens Moved 2 Monday Night Football

Any chance it gets showed on foxtel or tenHD really really wanna see the texans n watch the beast mario teach flacco a lesson:thumbsu:

anyone know if it will be televised????

Re: Houston Texans Baltimore Ravens Moved 2 Monday Night Football

Any chance it gets showed on foxtel or tenHD really really wanna see the texans n watch the beast mario teach flacco a lesson:thumbsu:

anyone know if it will be televised????
no chance, they will show the games they planned to show, this wont change anything

mario will have to get past the giant Gaither first mate, the Ravens are a solid football team, there are no easy wins against us, people tend to forget we were within a bee's diaphragm of beating the pats last year

no chance, they will show the games they planned to show, this wont change anything

mario will have to get past the giant Gaither first mate, the Ravens are a solid football team, there are no easy wins against us, people tend to forget we were within a bee's diaphragm of beating the pats last year
So is this pretty much your version of gg's Raiders love? :p

Same team that went 3-13... Gave up 44 points to the Colts, 38 points to Pitts, 33 to Cle...

Balty ain't that bad, but using one close loss in a 3-13 season is hardly reason to suggest they aren't easy games... Sort of like Fremantle :p

that might be true but mario is unstoppable he is by far the best DE in the nfl
he was gettin double and triple teamed last week v the steelers and still managed 2 get 2 sacks that is a beast

and are ya sure they cant change their televison schedule???

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Houston Texans - Battle Red

Remove this Banner Ad

Back