How bad does Port want Didak..

Remove this Banner Ad

All this speculation about Didak is just that...its been generated by the media and the BF members are all getting sucked in. Lets look at the facts;

- Didak wants to stay at collingwood
- Collingwood want Didak to stay
- Didak is a contracted player, he can refuse the trade
- Didak does not want to return to SA
- Collingwood see their premiership window will open next year, with a full tilt in 2010, therefore are looking for est. players, our list is young enough!

The ONLY way Didak will leave the pies is in a trade for Kerr and Didak for Kerr will NOT happen because;
- Didaks flaws (off field) are not nearly as worse as Kerr's
- WC are asking for 2 1st rounders

Mark my words Didak will be at the Pies next year! The facts far outweigh any of the crap media speculation!

I agree fully

just listen to the Copeland presentation... Swanny said Dids would have been the winner had he played all year and Eddie also complimented him on his onfield performance for the year.

Players like Didak are very few and far between... rarities, freaks whatever you want to call them... dont think for one minute that you will have an equal chance of picking up someone like Didak in this yeasr draft... and Dids has stated he WANTS to finish his career at Collingwood.

Can you imagine the return Alan will give us if the club and its supporter get behind him and show him we want him performing for the black and white

There are other ways of gaining an earlier pick and that would most likely include our first or second round and a player.

Pick 4 and Thomson for Didak and maybe a swap of lower round picks (in PA's favour)?

Not mad about him going, but we might need to be brave with this trading week.

Thomson is a HACK!

Chris Egan has better stats and has played better senior football than Thomson and got delisted.

As someone said, trading our best player for potential is VERY DANGEROUS!

It would have to be a deal 'of a lifetime' to secure Didak. Eg. Pick + Boak.

Not interested in players who are on the cusp of being delisted. (Thomson).

Didak has to stay, plain and simple.

i've said it before but i am so torn on this trade didak thing. he has skill that you can't teach. as tempting as getting pick 4 and thompson would be i would hate didak to be the enemy! imagine him kicking 5 and getting 25 touches against us!

if it was to happen though i say we keep pick 4 and 11 and not get kerr. draft mids.

im herd
danyle perce + pick #4 for alan didak
has anyone else herd that ?
if i was collingwood i would pick hamish hartlett this kid looks wicked
youtube videos from under 18's his allways around that ball
and quick aswell and got skill factor like thomas :)
and with pick #11 i would pick trengrove to get a backman down there
to fill in for wakelin and presti getting old or get
stephen hill this kid is quick and can run all day off half back or on ball
if we picked trengrove
ill get mitchell banner this kid is awesome midfeilder B.O.G in western australia vs vic metro and got 30 poessions and 2 goals and loves big goals from 50 like ryan lonie who we will miss and is not scared going back with flight too dont no why no one has sed much about him
and his tac cup stats are amazing
in like his last 3 games got over 40 poesissons and 45 with last game and averaged 29 all year
and get ben cousins with 3rd round or 4th if where lucky :)
and try get another tall to help down back with round 4 or 3rd

Didak will stay at Collingwood , we will keep pick 4 and Carlton will have every player apart from Didak in there team because they can fit them into there salary cap. So nest year it's 22 rounds of Carlton Vs Didak!

that sidebottom kid looks wicked 10 goals and 35 possies in the tac grand final he might be pick 4 , but i want collingwood to keep didak

OK....time for the I know someone line...

When I was in Adelaide for the 1st Final v the Crows, prior to the game I caught up with a friend of mine who is an Assistant Coach at Port Power.

I asked him striaght up, are we going to lose Didak to you? (Assuming if Did's goes anywhere it would be to Port).

He replied "as soon as the incident occurred with him (referring to the Shaw one), Port made their intentions known to the Pies, however the Pies would: a - Never let him go; and b - if they did, they'd want too much for him"! I then jokingly offered him Ben Johnson, and he declined saying that they only want players who can kick with both feet!

So straight from the mouth of the inner sectum at Port...we would have to assume it would be an offer too good for the Pies to refuse.

**Note to Hutchey: You can not use this as your story! lol

im herd
danyle perce + pick #4 for alan didak
has anyone else herd that ?
if i was collingwood i would pick hamish hartlett this kid looks wicked
youtube videos from under 18's his allways around that ball
and quick aswell and got skill factor like thomas :)
and with pick #11 i would pick trengrove to get a backman down there
to fill in for wakelin and presti getting old or get
stephen hill this kid is quick and can run all day off half back or on ball
if we picked trengrove
ill get mitchell banner this kid is awesome midfeilder B.O.G in western australia vs vic metro and got 30 poessions and 2 goals and loves big goals from 50 like ryan lonie who we will miss and is not scared going back with flight too dont no why no one has sed much about him
and his tac cup stats are amazing
in like his last 3 games got over 40 poesissons and 45 with last game and averaged 29 all year
and get ben cousins with 3rd round or 4th if where lucky :)
and try get another tall to help down back with round 4 or 3rd

Wow that was hard to read...

As much as i love Dids, pick 4 in this draft is soooooo tempting

Realistically with the list we have, our window is in 2-5 years.

Is it worth keeping Didak, cause if the club thinks we can win a flag in the next few years then he will stay, but if they are looking longer term then pick 4 looks the goods

Didak + pick 29 for pick 4 +22

OR

Didak for pick 4 and 38

Kerr signing puts the heat on Choko now because there is only one genuine gun out there up for trade (if he is up for trade) he won't be able to play one club off the other

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have said it before that i dont want to trade didak but for pick i would. think of this little scenario (i love my hypotheticals)-
with seaby leaving wce would have to get natinui now as back up for cox
fremantle with warnock leaving look set to bypass rich and take vickery as a backup for sandilands
that would leave rich to us at pick 4

that would also allow us to take a bit more of a gamble with pick 11 weather we go another mid in swift or a key back in trengrove and pick a mid with our 2nd rounder????

would u trade didak if u thoughtwe could get rich?

i have said it before that i dont want to trade didak but for pick i would. think of this little scenario (i love my hypotheticals)-
with seaby leaving wce would have to get natinui now as back up for cox
fremantle with warnock leaving look set to bypass rich and take vickery as a backup for sandilands
that would leave rich to us at pick 4

that would also allow us to take a bit more of a gamble with pick 11 weather we go another mid in swift or a key back in trengrove and pick a mid with our 2nd rounder????

would u trade didak if u thoughtwe could get rich?

Absolutely!! You would be crazy not too. I'd trade Didak for pick 4 even if we didn't get Rich. You would end up with either Ziebell or Sidebottom and have a go at getting Swift or Trengrove at 11. We would be absolutely laughing in three years time.

It's very very unlikely that Port would give up pick 4 for Didak (although Kerr commiting to WC helps). Anybody suggesting that Didak is worth pick 4 plus Thomson, or pick 4 plus a draft pick upgrade are being unrealistic.

Thomson and 4 is not worth Didak, and I am one for having him leave. Pierce and 4 may be

I think you are being a bit unrealistic about Didaks trade value. If we got pick 4 on its own for Didak i'd be rapt. But thats very unlikely. There is no way Port would sweeten that deal.

I think you are being a bit unrealistic about Didaks trade value. If we got pick 4 on its own for Didak i'd be rapt. But thats very unlikely. There is no way Port would sweeten that deal.

... and theres no way Collingwood will trade an All-Australian, Copeland trophey winner about to hit his prime for a low number in the draft to gamble on a kid who hasnt played AFL football, especially when we have a realistic chance of jamming open that premiership window next year.

Trading Didak for anything less than a ready made champion, plus a kid with plenty of potential is madness... and no club will do that for Didak... lets just keep our ready made, home grown champion thankyou!

I for one do think Didak is worth more than 4th pick.

At least I know what I've got and despite what people say its pretty good.

Would only consider the deal with a pretty good set of steak knives

I for one do think Didak is worth more than 4th pick.

At least I know what I've got and despite what people say its pretty good.

Would only consider the deal with a pretty good set of steak knives

Well Choko said pick 4 and pick 22 for a very good player so I assume that's the deal

The top 30 is very strong according to those in the know so that would give us 4 picks inside 29.. could set the midfield up for years

I'd go something like Vickery at #4 Swift at #11 Hanneberry at #22 and Deboer at #29

There's your Ruck and starting midfield in 3 years

Well Choko said pick 4 and pick 22 for a very good player so I assume that's the deal

The top 30 is very strong according to those in the know so that would give us 4 picks inside 29.. could set the midfield up for years

I'd go something like Vickery at #4 Swift at #11 Hanneberry at #22 and Deboer at #29

There's your Ruck and starting midfield in 3 years

Having 4 picks inside 30 in this draft would be fantastic, particularly given we had no picks inside 30 last year. But I'd still rather Didak.

I'd consider drafting Sidebottom or maybe Hartlett at 4 if we had that pick though. Don't like the idea of using pick 4 on a ruckman. Then maybe Swift at 11, and whoever they want at the other two picks.

Having 4 picks inside 30 in this draft would be fantastic, particularly given we had no picks inside 30 last year. But I'd still rather Didak.

I'd consider drafting Sidebottom or maybe Hartlett at 4 if we had that pick though. Don't like the idea of using pick 4 on a ruckman. Then maybe Swift at 11, and whoever they want at the other two picks.

With pick 4 Rich could slip through.. and I'd have Ziebell before Sidey and Hartlett, he's a monster in the Buckley mould

With pick 4 Rich could slip through.. and I'd have Ziebell before Sidey and Hartlett, he's a monster in the Buckley mould

Rich would be the absolute best possible outcome for us. From what I've seen of Ziebell he seems a little slow. But I don't watch it all too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

How bad does Port want Didak..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back