How big the fallout for The Loser of Crows v Dockers at Metricon ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much about the game. Adelaide have probably realised now that 2018 was not a season of after being runner up in 2017. And Freos season is a desaster already anyway. Like people said earlier here we should start to improve by now or the rebuilt was/is pointless.

So nothing to loose. Except pick 1.

The ironic thing is I knew 100% you would respond to this as you are the one with the complex. What’s your user name over on the Freo board again?

We aren’t irrelevant, we just went in to this season with low expectations. Unlike your overhyped, fairy floss bunch of coward punchers and soft c*cks.
Bloody knew he was one of ours. No idea who though

No one really cares about Adelaide or Freo.

Crows let Ellis-Yolmen, Betts, Jacobs, Greenwood, Keath, Jenkins go in the off season having lost Lever, Cameron, McGovern, Lyons since the 2017 GF.

Freo's team (including Mundy, Fyfe, Hill) wasn't much more experienced than Gold Coast on the weekend and Fyfe is out injured. They've had 3 debutants this year and have blooded a bunch of in the last couple of years. They aren't a 2020 flag threat and never were.

Eyes are firmly fixed on Richmond and West Coast who have won the last 3 flags between them and are playing horrible football. I am thankful that we aren't playing Adelaide this week because while that is an easy kill on paper if they rolled us all hell would break loose.

This is basically it.

Fyfe missing makes things a bit more difficult but strangely may help solve our problems in the middle.
Fyfe made things very predictable against the Gold Coast...and we lost in the middle again. Should see Cerra and Brayshaw get a bit more time in the guts this week...and Hopefully when he comes back he can play more forward

Don't think there's any fallout. Freo have a bunch of talented young players and two of the best players in the game. They pushed us at home, and had one bad quarter against the Power that proved the difference. If they lose it becomes a development year with the prospect of a number one pick.
Adelaide has already been under the pump and their list issues have been pretty widely discussed. I tend to think if Adelaide lose we'll hear more about it and there will be even more "where to now" articles about the Crows but there's already been plenty of those.

Not trying to troll the club or anything.. but outside of Fyfe, who are you aguing is in the 'two of the best players in the game'?

When I've watched Freo ive been left thinking he's not that naturally talented. Physically he looks ready just hasn't come together for whatever reason.

Young looks like a quality defender though who should end up elite.
Look forward to seeing Serong and Henry filter into the side.

Jesse Hogan has also been an unmitigated disaster. Such a shame because he was so promising at Melbourne early in his career.

Both have new coaches. There is literally zero chance of either of them being fired. So the fallout is essentially nothing.

Every year a team has to finish last, doesn't mean they are in crisis. 3 months ago we were talking about how GC should relocate and now are one of the most watchable teams in the game.

Both have new coaches. There is literally zero chance of either of them being fired. So the fallout is essentially nothing.

Every year a team has to finish last, doesn't mean they are in crisis. 3 months ago we were talking about how GC should relocate and now are one of the most watchable teams in the game.
I agree in principle, but Adelaide would want to put up a fight at some point this season. I think it is fine for them to have teething (as we are) but they do need to become regularly competitive at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide still have

laird
smith
talia

ROB
mcrouch
bcrouch
sloane

walker
fogarty

all of these are very good players still, i dont think theyll finish bottom

Fremantle have actually played pretty well. Could easily be 2-2. They also have some impressive high draft picks getting games.

The Crows have Bryce Gibbs for two more years.

Adelaide still have

laird
smith
talia

ROB
mcrouch
bcrouch
sloane

walker
fogarty

all of these are very good players still, i dont think theyll finish bottom

Who would it be then? I don't see any side that would be finish lower than them. On pure lack of experience you would say GC, but are currently in the top 4. They aren't finishing last. Perhaps Freo? Maybe Carlton will collapse soon

Yet again the Carlton brigade doing all they can to try and find another club to be more dysfunctional than them (still 19 more years of this minus a few okayish seasons to reach those depressing depths, fellas, cool your jets).

Adelaide don't have anything at stake except losing pick 1, which they can only do by winning. So bring on the loss.

We havent been on the bottom of the ladder for 16 years prior to this - that's a pretty nifty record to suggest we aren't a total basketcase (unless we stay there for 5 more). If this is our lowest point in our history then it's been a pretty decent ride (if frustratingly lacking in ultimate glory).

And besides, if you wanted any year to be the basketcase club it would be this one and the next, ready-made excuses, just how AFC like it.

No, we all know where the Crows are right now and it's at the pre-start of a rebuild. We haven't quite gone full rebuild as we keep picking a bunch of older players but with contracts as they are this year and next our list will look very, very different in 2022 and by stage we will have a glut of high picks getting games under our belt and the future will look bright.

2025 is what we are building towards. See you all then.

As a crows fan I have no issue with losing each week so long as the younger players get games, show glimpses of the future and the club makes smart trading and drafting selections come end of season.

Plus add competent staff to the mix to ensure these players develop as best as possible.

If the AFL shortens the games further to only the third quarter, we could be ok!

Adelaide don't have anything at stake except losing pick 1, which they can only do by winning. So bring on the loss.

Don't think you can actually lose pick 1, provided current trends continue and either Adelaide or Fremantle finish last (which isn't set in stone; remember R4 2019 when Carlton were on track to the spoon again?)

Freo have a draft deficit from last year and are going to go down at least one in the draft order.

Don't think you can actually lose pick 1, provided current trends continue and either Adelaide or Fremantle finish last (which isn't set in stone; remember R4 2019 when Carlton were on track to the spoon again?)

Freo have a draft deficit from last year and are going to go down at least one in the draft order.

Well happy birthday to us.

We are a bit different to Carlton. They were in year 5 of their 3rd rebuild in 20 years, they were meant to be doing better than the spoon. A new competent coach allowed for that.

We are just entering our first.

Remove this Banner Ad

How big the fallout for The Loser of Crows v Dockers at Metricon ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back