Opinion How Can AFC Members/Supporters take action to prevent Trigg returning as CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

taylor_walker_13

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2009
Paraburdoo WA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC and Glenelg FC
Clearly the AFC has no care in its brand, the damage that has been done to the brand and dont care for the input and care or concrens of the membership/supporter base and once Steven Trigg has completed his six month suspension will return to the CEO role.

This needs to be stopped, Steven Trigg has continuely thumbed the members and supporters of the AFC, he has dragged the AFC club as a whole through the mud yet he will retain the CEO position, would that ever happen in any other professional business or organisation?

So clearly the message needs to get across to the AFC board that Steven Trigg needs his marching orders and not just march his way back into the CEO chair and wipe his hands of the Tippet saga and actually be held accountable for his role and actions

I guess simple things such as not renewing membership/buying memberships is the first suggestion, perhaps not buying merchandise direct from crowmania or at all, my next suggestion is a home fixture gets picked and it is simply boycotted.

The issue is we need to send the message to the board not the players or coaches, they are innocent in this saga, so we dont want to effect them so thats the hard part I guess.

Thoughts? idea's? Discussion?

This is your club that has been effected, this is your club that has been dragged through the mud, this is your club that you need to say Im not putting up with people in responsible positions being allowed and knowing doing the wrong thing that effects the AFC.

Only one option

richmond-shit.jpg

Give it up. I didn't support the retaining of Trigg, but its what they've decided. No chance of changing things. I've retained my membership, bought the new puma home guernsey and looking forward to an intriguing season ahead.

And right there is the attitude and the reason why things wont change:(

Could we have a "silent quarter" where no one makes a noise for a whole quarter? Maybe the first quarter at our first home game.

Cue the jokes, just like a normal home game etc haha. But seriously...

Would be quite eerie if 40,000 sit their silently. Would get the message across and best of all no one misses the game :thumbsu: Second quarter would be LOUD too.

And right there is the attitude and the reason why things wont change:(

But what do you expect us to do? I'm going to support the club (The club is not a 9 man board, but an entire entity with 22 years of history), and that includes going to the games and buying a membership.

There is exactly 0% chance of changing their minds.

But what do you expect us to do? I'm going to support the club (The club is not a 9 man board, but an entire entity with 22 years of history), and that includes going to the games and buying a membership.

There is exactly 0% chance of changing their minds.
Not 0%

If there is genuine supporter backlash and it is going to affect the club's bottom line and standing in the future, it will be something to consider.

We realised that Steven's position had become untenable. The mud had stuck...blah blah blah.

I'm not sure there are enough supporters who think this way though. Most seem pretty accepting of what the club did, don't think the penalties will hurt that much and really just want to see Tex and the boys back in action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally needed another thread on this.
This is why people don't like you.

Save your crusades against superfluous threads for a time of year when we are averaging more than 2 new threads per week.

Not 0%

If there is genuine supporter backlash and it is going to affect the club's bottom line and standing in the future, it will be something to consider.

We realised that Steven's position had become untenable. The mud had stuck...blah blah blah.

I'm not sure there are enough supporters who think this way though. Most seem pretty accepting of what the club did, don't think the penalties will hurt that much and really just want to see Tex and the boys back in action.

I'm not sure that last sentence is totally correct. I think there are a lot of people that think what the club did and how they handled the aftermath was pretty abysmal.

Its just they aren't going to go the lengths that the OP has explained, which is what would be needed to make any sort of change to happen.

I didn't think Trigg should have kept his job, and thought the whole saga is embarrassing, but now that it is over, I'm really not too fussed over who the CEO is in July 2013. I think the penalties are pretty significant but for the most part, the club is in pretty good shape.

I'm still going to go to games, and have already renewed my membership.

I'm not sure that last sentence is totally correct. I think there are a lot of people that think what the club did and how they handled the aftermath was pretty abysmal.

Its just they aren't going to go the lengths that the OP has explained, which is what would be needed to make any sort of change to happen.

I didn't think Trigg should have kept his job, and thought the whole saga is embarrassing, but now that it is over, I'm really not too fussed over who the CEO is in July 2013. I think the penalties are pretty significant but for the most part, the club is in pretty good shape.

I'm still going to go to games, and have already renewed my membership.
I don't understand this bit.

If supporters think that Trigg should have lost his job, but he continues as our CEO... how is it over? It means that it is continuing.

It would have been "over" had we be found innocent or the guilty parties sacked. They were the only two avenues of closure available. The club chose neither, which means the situation will fester and bubble away under the surface throughout Trigg's reign.

I don't understand this bit.

If supporters think that Trigg should have lost his job, but he continues as our CEO... how is it over? It means that it is continuing.

It would have been "over" had we be found innocent or the guilty parties sacked. They were the only two avenues of closure available. The club chose neither, which means the situation will fester and bubble away under the surface throughout Trigg's reign.

Over as in, there was a time during this saga that he could have lost his job/resigned, and supporters had an opinion on what should have happened here. Its pretty clear to me that that time has passed, and the chances of him being ousted by the supporters are next to nil.

The only way it would happen is by a mass (really massive) protest, and there isn't the numbers nor the passion for this to happen.

Without any chance of realistic change (IMO), and the penalties handed down, I think the sage is "over".

Over as in, there was a time during this saga that he could have lost his job/resigned, and supporters had an opinion on what should have happened here. Its pretty clear to me that that time has passed, and the chances of him being ousted by the supporters are next to nil.

The only way it would happen is by a mass (really massive) protest, and there isn't the numbers nor the passion for this to happen.

Without any chance of realistic change (IMO), and the penalties handed down, I think the sage is "over".
If you think he should have been sacked, doesn't the current situation make you even angrier?

Certainly not placated. Oh well, we can't do anything. Let's move on.

I just don't understand that mindset at all. I would have thought you'd be even angrier at the club because we can't do anything.

If you think he should have been sacked, doesn't the current situation make you even angrier?

Certainly not placated. Oh well, we can't do anything. Let's move on.

I just don't understand that mindset at all. I would have thought you'd be even angrier at the club because we can't do anything.

I think if our team sucked, I would be :p

I don't really know the ins and outs of a CEO's job at a footy club, so if I knew more in this area maybe I'd be a little more passionate on this topic.

In my mind, the difference between Trigg being in the job or out of it isn't going to make a difference on our onfield performances, which is what I'm most concerned with.

I think if our team sucked, I would be :p

I don't really know the ins and outs of a CEO's job at a footy club, so if I knew more in this area maybe I'd be a little more passionate on this topic.

In my mind, the difference between Trigg being in the job or out of it isn't going to make a difference on our onfield performances, which is what I'm most concerned with.

The problem is, it does make a difference.
300k not available to spend on the football department.
2 years of top draft picks.
In what conceivable sense can that NOT make a difference?

The problem is, it does make a difference.
300k not available to spend on the football department.
2 years of top draft picks.
In what conceivable sense can that NOT make a difference?

Thats not what I've said. I said keeping him in the job won't make a difference to onfield performance, not what he did in the past which resulted in severe penalties.

If we get charged again on future sanctions, then he can disappear from football forever.

I highly, highly doubt we won't be that stupid again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion How Can AFC Members/Supporters take action to prevent Trigg returning as CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back