Remove this Banner Ad

the_fresh

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
dowdenphotography.com
The board looks like they won;t make a change at all, they've backed Buckley to the point where the more the supporter base kick up, the firmer they're getting.
I backed Buckley in the past, but this a is joke now, his zone isn't working, our best players would find it hard to break into most clubs 22's and our youth have stopped learning apart from one or two.

So what can we do?
Do we have to take over the place and sack the board?
Do we have to march on the steps of the club until we get a change?
Do we simply give up and stop going to matches to make a point?

We can't just sit back and let this happen.

The best part will be when Bucks does go and the team remains the exactly same.

They've got no spine and 18 of the 22 can't kick or handball.

I don't buy this "not playing for the coach" thing. It seems like a bit of a cop out.
I would love to know from the club, where has it gone wrong since 2010 and get an actual answer. Obviously something hasn't gone to plan but we always hear we are building, developing, young list e.t.c, but i would love to see what they say is the difference between us a seemingly rich club with unlimited resources and Hawthorn and Geelong(also rich clubs) who seemingly have been able to maintain they have to admit some mistakes have been made.

I'm too sad about it all to take any action. :(

There's no good option--even if Bucks leaves it will take time to adjust to a new coach and they might be shit too, or might alienate the players who Bucks has drawn in.

Almost makes me feel that we should try fixing the assistants first, since some of them seem to be utterly useless, and then see whether Bucks can do better next year. Remove some of Bucks' responsibility for appointing them, similar to Thompson's reduced authority after the 06 review.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jasper84, fertile ground in this thread.
Surely our money will drop with lack of results, sponsors love winners and so do members watch Carlton build membership and as a result money with a few results. The club need to do something as we are not moving forward, how long do you give a succession plan 3 and a 1/2 years and no result or the only other succession plan i can think of Sydney and Longmire with one premiership in that time, the board and members need to ask themselves that question, i know where i stand.

The worst thing about this season won't be where we finish, it'll be we won't get a 1st round draft pick for our lack of effort.
With a new coach we can hopefully aim for higher than where we'll finish under Buckley.

The worst thing about this season won't be where we finish, it'll be we won't get a 1st round draft pick for our lack of effort.
With a new coach we can hopefully aim for higher than where we'll finish under Buckley.
The problem is what new coach, it seems the club are going to stick fast with Bucks, i think the question in this thread is what pushes the club over the edge or does Buckley have to fall on his sword?

I'm too sad about it all to take any action. :(

There's no good option--even if Bucks leaves it will take time to adjust to a new coach and they might be shit too, or might alienate the players who Bucks has drawn in.

Almost makes me feel that we should try fixing the assistants first, since some of them seem to be utterly useless, and then see whether Bucks can do better next year. Remove some of Bucks' responsibility for appointing them, similar to Thompson's reduced authority after the 06 review.
I have seen clubs turn the corner real quickly after a change in coach, especially when you have the talent!!...PA a few years ago, Doggies, Adelaide....Carlton have improved this year under new coach. A change is urgently needed. I can see a future with Buckley any longer.

We are an irrelevance to the people making decisions. That's just harsh reality. We can't make them change anything.

How do the points for father/son prospects get affected? We'll have more, right?

From where I sit, I don't see Nathan Buckley being the next premiership coach at Collingwood, if the board does, they must outline to members how and where they see that.

Gary Pert has been banging on for a few years that 2017/18 were going to be the years we're aiming for a premiership, thats a hell of a lot of improvement in 18 months, at this stage, Nathan Buckley hasn't improved a single player at the club let alone the whole side yet.

Option 1. We need calm rational discussion just like a Buckley presser and a lot more input from leading teams.

Option 2. Dump trucks full of manure .. delivered and dumped daily at the front doors of the Westpac centre until Bucks leaves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back