How can WE make them change

Remove this Banner Ad

I try to avoid rants...oops

I'll preface this by saying:
1) I'll always be glad we showed MM the door
2) I'll always support the club + the players
sidebyside

However, I'm mad. No furious
- draft picks (if you're not high enough in the draft, work out a way to get there. Three picks in the late teens (first round!) of a weak draft are not better than a high pick so do something about it
Sometimes we had bad luck, Bont gone and injuries to Shaz (I still can't believe we picked Freeman though) --- but I'm struggling to see the bounty that these picks were supposed to have provided
I'm also a little lost as to complete lack of KPD/KPF drafting (and Moore fell in our lap)
- development. I think Kenno is too small but we'll never know how good he would have been at Collingwood bc of, in my opinion, deplorable management
- trades. Some have lacked foresight. You bring in exactly what you need and it has to be quality
Speaking of which, I actually really liked the trading in of Treloar, Aish and (kinda) Howe...but seriously, the price!!!!! Danger cost a first and second (and a token player)
...we threw picks out like they were unlimited
- coaching. So glad MM gone but seriously
Watching the 2s get burnt week after week in transition for the past 5 years appears to be the norm
For our game plan...or are we always not executing???

I think I'm pretty positive when it comes to the club but I must say the thought of watching football this year and my optimism for 2017 is evaporating - actually, mostly gone

What worried me is that Eddie was selling a Buckley defence about the loss to Carlton days before it actually happened.

He was on MMM with Mark McLure telling him how we were underdogs and had a younger side and spewing out excuses to defend a loss that hadn't happened yet.

Eddie's blind defence of bucks is just staggering.

1. Call the Club and tell them you want to cancel your membership.
  2. Tell them because it's due to the coach.
  3. Then tell them to delete your personal information from the Club database.
Deleting your personal information from the database will be part the part that hurts the most. Without your personal information they can't spam you next year to sign up for a membership while you're weak with hope for 2016. That means less $$$ - which is all they care about at the moment.

It's the "don't call me, I'll call you" of football.

From where I sit, I don't see Nathan Buckley being the next premiership coach at Collingwood, if the board does, they must outline to members how and where they see that.

Gary Pert has been banging on for a few years that 2017/18 were going to be the years we're aiming for a premiership, thats a hell of a lot of improvement in 18 months, at this stage, Nathan Buckley hasn't improved a single player at the club let alone the whole side yet.

Pert has never mentioned 2018. Its always been 2017.

If he mentions 2018 now he's covering his own ass. And that is likely.

I disagree because the worst is yet to come
Just out of interest, what happens on the day which is worse than this? Can't think of much worse than losing to a shit Carlton team

Cloke's not playing in the VFL (who only have 3 goals at half time) and who knows if Reid will come up next week so things could easily be worse about a week from now.

I
  1. Call the Club and tell them you want to cancel your membership.
  2. Tell them because it's due to the coach.
  3. Then tell them to delete your personal information from the Club database.
Deleting your personal information from the database will be part the part that hurts the most. Without your personal information they can't spam you next year to sign up for a membership while you're weak with hope for 2016. That means less $$$ - which is all they care about at the moment.

It's the "don't call me, I'll call you" of football.
Im not a memeber this year for the first time in 10 years, im hoping I get a call from the club trying to sign me up.
I'll be giving them a spray for even ringing me trying to take my money after the rubbish the club is dishing out this year.

My preference is to let the club decide. The tail does not wag the dog.

Eventually though it becomes a financial decision when the numbers stop going to games and in turn affecting the bottom line.
It should never have to get to that for a board to do the most obvious of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the idea of all disillusioned, disgruntled, sad, angry, rabid, negative, whingy "supporters" trading in their memberships is a winner. It's obviously too painful for any of you to contemplate sticking by the club.....so go ahead....DO IT!

Lots of injuries, we wouldn't have lost if they were all playing.
Cant comment on the coaching have no idea.
Maybe we are just a season behind everyone's expectations. If by the end of the year we are competitive, I say let bucks do 2017 then the outcome should be beyond doubt one way or the other

Last week we played one short in the VFL apparently.

If so that stinks.

No point Pert talking about a netball team or a women's footy team, when we can't even organise a full side for the b grade.

Back to basics is the only way.

Of course we can do something.

It's time to take a leaf out of soccer's book. This is how it sometimes has been done in Europe.

If at least 60, 70 of us can rock up to Olympic Park on let's say Tuesday, or Wednesday night, chanting and demanding Bucks and Eddie leave asap, the media will be all over it, and the issue will be forced, when it looks like the fans have clearly turned on Eddie and Bucks.

If people are in, than it can be done.

Last edited:
My preference is to let the club decide. The tail does not wag the dog.

We've let them decide plenty. And they've gone wrong repeatedly, and horribly. Time for the people in charge, to step down.
They took a super team, (2010 -11) and sunk that team on the field, and nothing will change, unless they go.

What worried me is that Eddie was selling a Buckley defence about the loss to Carlton days before it actually happened.

He was on MMM with Mark McLure telling him how we were underdogs and had a younger side and spewing out excuses to defend a loss that hadn't happened yet.

Eddie's blind defence of bucks is just staggering.
Changed a winning because they didn't want to play for Bucks and they still don't play for him now because they aren't good enough it was young in 2010. No excuses.

Does anyone have the link to the article where Pert spoke about expecting finals and to be contending over next 3 years at the start of 2014 season..?

Remove this Banner Ad

How can WE make them change

Remove this Banner Ad

Back