Opinion How do we beat Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

i gotta feelig tigers will pip hawks this week. thats pretty good for us considering we beat suns, even a loss to hawks wouldnt change the ladder

I was saying the same to someone yesterday. Tiges are just the kind of team to knock them off and they will be fired up after coughing that one up to Freo.

Hawks have been super impressive the last three weeks but it doesn't really appear that Freo and Sydney are playing their best footy either. Pies only went down by 10 points to them.

Probably wishful thinking more than anything on my part but it would be sweet if the Tiges rolled them.

Really want both teams to win on the weekend and the match to be worth a top 2 spot...

West coast fans when was the last time you had a bigger no derby home and away game?
Would be years I'd imagine

Really want both teams to win on the weekend and the match to be worth a top 2 spot...

West coast fans when was the last time you had a bigger no derby home and away game?

Last week v Swans looked a tough assignment after losing MaGovern but would you believe it Buddy and Tippet were ruled out

1CMWvi.gif

Simmo: Hold on I'm working it out... Okay, half of you vibrate that way, two of you fall down. Nelson, you just spin around in a circle.

Round 23 2012 against the Hawks I reckon. A win would have seen us finish 4th instead of 5th. Probably would have been belted by the Crows week 1 though and not had the opportunity to pull #lolnorf pants down.

Again after that marking display on the weekend, I think he could be firming into one of the best marks in the game by next year! He'd have to be our best contested mark gun
Yeo is good, and a great mark for his height, but I think this bloke is better...can do it with his eyes closed:

gov contested mark.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this x 1000.

If we are getting soundly beaten in the first quarter with our zone, then go man on man all over the ground and force them to kick to a contest.

Completely agree that if we are getting towelled up using what has worked to date, we should try any number of alternative tactics (including 1 on 1) to stem the flow. However I would be flabbergasted if 1 on 1 works better than the web and it certainly shouldn't be pre-empted heading into the match for sure.

I keep thinking Hawks may be peaking a little early and could run out of steam.

Then I think about us, have we already peaked? are we yet to peak?

The bonus is we play them here after they hopefully have a bruising game against Tigers and we have not so bruising game against the Suns.

Kennedy and Darling need to convert.
NicNat needs to dominate(would of liked to see Lycett named as emergency and rest NicNat this week)
Selwood and Rosa need shut down roles on Smith and Mitchell.
Hawks need to have a down game.

All that happens we might have an outside chance.

I really hope that the tiger's don't beat hawthorn tonight. The Hawks will want a top 2 spot, and if they lose tonight then next week is a must win for them.

The best we can hope for tonight is a bruising encounter that is tight for 3 and a half quarters, with hawthorn winning comfortably in the end by 4-5 goals.

Tigers showing the North weakness in the ruck. Maric right on top. Nic Nat is the key he can destroy McEvoy (who can't jump) and Hale (who is old and can't jump), need to see our mids get first hand on the ball. cripps to Hodge when he goes to half back. Give him no space or time

Tigers showing the North weakness in the ruck. Maric right on top. Nic Nat is the key he can destroy McEvoy (who can't jump) and Hale (who is old and can't jump), need to see our mids get first hand on the ball. cripps to Hodge when he goes to half back. Give him no space or time
Norf or Hawf

I really hope that the tiger's don't beat hawthorn tonight. The Hawks will want a top 2 spot, and if they lose tonight then next week is a must win for them.

The best we can hope for tonight is a bruising encounter that is tight for 3 and a half quarters, with hawthorn winning comfortably in the end by 4-5 goals.
True but Hawks would come out hard as hell regardless. If they win tonight then they know they will finish second if they beat us. So they would come out hard. Now they might be playing for top 4.

Well, you have 3/4 of that granted at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion How do we beat Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back