Moved Thread how do you rate and compare the past two premiers?

Which of these teams have the worst premiership winning list in AFL history?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So Richmond having the most dominant finals this century = weakest
Richmond having to compete against 17 other teams = weakest.
Geelong, Stephen Dank and, as you insist, only competing against a couple of other genuine contenders = strongest.

I think you know the truth but are so utterly envious and triggerred that you can't admit it to yourself.
Your little club can only compete when it's playing with advantages not afforded to other teams.
Take yesterday for example. It took a amazing umpiring performance for your mob to compete. Even with the umpires desperately trying to get you over the line, you still lost, at a neutral venue.

What dominant finals performance?? You played weaker sides for the reasons and evidence I have already given throughout the thread: watered down weaker sides due to expansion of two clubs with no added talent to the pipeline, as well as spending caps that shot down quality of clubs.

Your performances were not even a high standard in the finals anyway. To say you where dominant in the finals would only be true if you won by margins nobody else did in that finals series, which you didn’t. You didn’t even record the largest or second largest win of the finals. How is that dominant?? Everyone was winning by big margins. It was just a reflection of the way the game was being played.

To suggest you had a dominant finals series when you didn’t even have the biggest or second biggest winning margin out of your own finals series is quite laughable really.

Combine everything including the watered down weak competition, the average top four sides you played, the average home away season you had, the average finals series you played also. It’s all proof of the second worst premiership team of all time.

I have officially given worst to bulldogs for now, your off the hook on that one.

Hi mate,

TAlk about that pressure antics of Richmond, 97 points against a wooden spoon contender, now conceded 20 goals against an undermanned Adelaide. Some amazing pressure being applied!

Interestingly, thought it would be interesting to compare the defensive strength of the great St Kilda side to this Richmond side of 17.

St Kilda as a side where all about pressure, and here are the points for and against for both sides their campaign years

St Kilda 20-2- PF: 2197 PA:1417 155.7%

Richmond 15-7 PF:1992 PA: 1684 118%

Not only where at Kilda amuch better defensive side, they where also a better attacking team.

Just lightyears apart in ability.

Proves how Richmond would have been around 6th-12 Mark in that era of teams

Good morning buddy, I wouldn’t worry about the tigers too much. If Gawn hadn’t screwed up, you guys would be 0-2 right now (to 2 teams that weren’t even good enough to make finals last season) and are every chance to be 2-5 at R7’s completion.
To lose to Adelaide in Adelaide is no biggie. They are a great football team. In point of fact we have improved on our last performance there (which was a major talking point all year if i recall).
Here, sunshine and lollipops, not so sure about the cats (after another loss at the G). But, you keep going how you’re going, let’s see how long it lasts ;)

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

I can’t think of a single area you can claim Yu are better than any previous winners besides the bulldogs.
Richmond +1
Gotta admit bulldogs are the Flemington racecourse ahead at the moment. Ridhmobd is the clear number 2 thought.
Bulldogs +1
Your premiership side clearly is the worst ever. Look at how it’s backed itd up since.
(directed to dog fan)
Richmond +1

You have contradicted yourself that many times that nobody even reads your shit anymore. This thread is just an ongoing laugh directed solely at you and your sidekick frogger. Also your grammar and proof reading need some attention. Probably just a Geelol thing. Keep up the good work though champ. You're doing a great job:straining:

What dominant finals performance?? You played weaker sides for the reasons and evidence I have already given throughout the thread: watered down weaker sides due to expansion of two clubs with no added talent to the pipeline, as well as spending caps that shot down quality of clubs.

Your performances were not even a high standard in the finals anyway. To say you where dominant in the finals would only be true if you won by margins nobody else did in that finals series, which you didn’t. You didn’t even record the largest or second largest win of the finals. How is that dominant?? Everyone was winning by big margins. It was just a reflection of the way the game was being played.

To suggest you had a dominant finals series when you didn’t even have the biggest or second biggest winning margin out of your own finals series is quite laughable really.

Combine everything including the watered down weak competition, the average top four sides you played, the average home away season you had, the average finals series you played also. It’s all proof of the second worst premiership team of all time.

I have officially given worst to bulldogs for now, your off the hook on that one.
No matter how much you huff and puff, Richmond had, on paper at least, the most dominant finals this century :thumbsu:

No matter how much you huff and puff, Richmond had, on paper at least, the most dominant finals this century :thumbsu:

You won by the same margins and even less on several occasions than everyone else. It wasn’t close to dominant. It would be dominant if you won by massive margins others couldn’t win by, like what Geelong did in 07. What you did was just standard with the style of play happening. Every single match was won by 6+ goals.

Richmond +1

Bulldogs +1
(directed to dog fan)
Richmond +1

You have contradicted yourself that many times that nobody even reads your shit anymore. This thread is just an ongoing laugh directed solely at you and your sidekick frogger. Also your grammar and proof reading need some attention. Probably just a Geelol thing. Keep up the good work though champ. You're doing a great job:straining:

There isn’t anything at all I have been proven wrong about. I feel like a big kid picking on the little guy at times in here. Then I realise how amusing it is and come back to it.

You need to learn to analyse and read through things, i have stated that if richmond makes the top 8;which is no certainty, then I will declare them the second worst premiership side ever and the bulldogs the worst ever.

Given how poor the dogs are playing, if they keep this up they should officially be declared the worst ever.

I can’t give the mantle to Richmond if the bulldogs keep this form up.

But your clearly next in line.

Sorry mate but just look at how shit that side is on paper.

Honestly name a single premiership side worse besides the bulldogs??

There is nobody

Good morning buddy, I wouldn’t worry about the tigers too much. If Gawn hadn’t screwed up, you guys would be 0-2 right now (to 2 teams that weren’t even good enough to make finals last season) and are every chance to be 2-5 at R7’s completion.
To lose to Adelaide in Adelaide is no biggie. They are a great football team. In point of fact we have improved on our last performance there (which was a major talking point all year if i recall).
Here, sunshine and lollipops, not so sure about the cats (after another loss at the G). But, you keep going how you’re going, let’s see how long it lasts ;)

You lost to Adelaide by 7 goals without both the crouch brothers playing and you’re claiming it a tough game? Lol.

Teams have figured Richmond out. You will struggle to make the 8.

You lost to Adelaide by 7 goals without both the crouch brothers playing and you’re claiming it a tough game? Lol.

36 points is 7 goals.......okay.
We were also clearly playing our strongest line up with no injuries as well. Well pointed out.
Remember, last years ninth screwed up and should of beaten you. A team that finished lower than that just did beat you (with the holy trinity playing).
Dunno which result i’d take from the weekend. Losing to last years runners up on their home deck by 6 goals, or failing on the MCG again to a team which finished lower than 10th. Back to the safe house kitty cat. It’s not safe out here for you.
Enjoy 2-5 by round 7. Moewzes.

36 points is 7 goals.......okay.
We were also clearly playing our strongest line up with no injuries as well. Well pointed out.
Remember, last years ninth screwed up and should of beaten you. A team that finished lower than that just did beat you (with the holy trinity playing).
Dunno which result i’d take from the weekend. Losing to last years runners up on their home deck by 6 goals, or failing on the MCG again to a team which finished lower than 10th. Back to the safe house kitty cat. It’s not safe out here for you.
Enjoy 2-5 by round 7. Moewzes.

Just felt like re emphasising my whole 2-5 point GC26.

Just felt like re emphasising my whole 2-5 point GC26.

At this rate 2-5 might be a bit generous, Saints will fancy themselves against this poorly couched team of individuals.

At this rate 2-5 might be a bit generous, Saints will fancy themselves against this poorly couched team of individuals.

Quick, to the safe house. We need to get it open. I am expecting a big influx of cats tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be the biggest **** up of all time if Richmond don’t go back to back. :D
You've been listening to the media pump our tyres too much. Richmond have been marginally better than the others and far more consistent. That counts for nothing come finals. Momentum is the most important thing. Last year we smashed Freo in Freo by 105 pts in our last game, a fair confidence and form booster to the finals. This year we have come in on top of three narrow wins. Rance, Cotchin and a few others have been down or injured, the team is either playing and waiting for finals, or a little out of form.

Geelong, Collingwood, Hawthorn and particularly Melbourne come in with some very hot form. Not sure how that will translate in finals, but considering how little respect has been given to Richmond (perhaps deservedly perhaps not) in comparison to sides like Hawthorn and Geelong in Premiership years, it makes for a very even finals series if you ask me. Any side can beat any other on their day. Favourites for sure, but biggest ****up of all time....

You've been listening to the media pump our tyres too much. Richmond have been marginally better than the others and far more consistent. That counts for nothing come finals. Momentum is the most important thing. Last year we smashed Freo in Freo by 105 pts in our last game, a fair confidence and form booster to the finals. This year we have come in on top of three narrow wins. Rance, Cotchin and a few others have been down or injured, the team is either playing and waiting for finals, or a little out of form.

Geelong, Collingwood, Hawthorn and particularly Melbourne come in with some very hot form. Not sure how that will translate in finals, but considering how little respect has been given to Richmond (perhaps deservedly perhaps not) in comparison to sides like Hawthorn and Geelong in Premiership years, it makes for a very even finals series if you ask me. Any side can beat any other on their day. Favourites for sure, but biggest ****up of all time....
Nup. Richmond have this. Didn’t notice the media pumping em up as God’s gift to footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread how do you rate and compare the past two premiers?

Back