How many chances does Lachy Hansen get?

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's do a quick Drew vs Lachie comparison this year:

Tackles: Drew - 26 from 7 games; Lachie - 9 from 7. Drew destroys that one but having said that is one of the best big man tacklers in the comp and plays in the ruck on occasion.

Marks: Drew - 34; Lachie - 35. Lachie has more marks than Drew.

Contested Marks: Drew - 9; Lachie - 13. Lachie has 4 more CM (a decent gap considering the rarity of contested marks).

Marks inside 50: Drew - 13; Lachie - 12. What? Drew only has one more mark inside 50 yet being the target of so many more kicks?

Disposals: Drew - 98; Lachie - 77. However as noted above, Drew is the main target.

Scoring shots - Drew - 22; Lachie - 18. (Interesting - take out the Richmond game, I know, you can't do that, but still, if you take it out they're both sitting on 15).

What I conclude from that: Drew gets a bit more of the ball as expected, and tackles like a machine. Lachie however has taken one less mark inside 50, more marks and more contested marks than Drew. Despite Drew drawing the majroity of our forward 50 entries. Did I also forget to mention he has 6-7 years on Hansen?

Cop that, Hansenites.
You are comparing Hansen (who has 1 good game this year) to Petrie (who has had 2 good games this year) - so I hope you weren't surprised that there wasn't much in it.

Totally agree wit Teffy and Tas.

However I do think that if the Edwards precedent has been set, then Pederson's 8 should be rewarded (but not at the expense of Hansen).

Pedersen should have played every game after what he showed against the Eagles. Coming out of defence he was one of our best players. He is extremely versatile, while he might be able to pinch hit up forward or Leigh Brown it in the ruck, he is a very solid defender. He and Tarrant should not have been dropped.

Back six should be:

FB: McMahon Delaney Rawlings
HB: Grima(when available) Pedersen Thompson

Get Thompson and Grima to focus on support and rebounding. Pedersen has a lot of dash for a big bloke. When Grima and Thompson stream out of defence we win games, it is simple as that. When Pratt, Rawlings and Firrito are trying to hit up pinpoint passes we lose.

I'd swing Tarrant as a third tall forward and he can get some game time in defence, perhaps when matchups don't work or Pedo needs to go on the ball to give Goldy a chop-out.

Given we have thinned out the spuds in the middle I think Firrito could have been re-invigorated as that big bodied midfielder that just plows through smaller blokes and is the brick shithouse that can allow guys like Swallow, Wells and others get into space. Kind of like what Pav does for Freo but Spud doesn't necessarily need to rack up big possession numbers, he should sacrifice his game like guys who made a name for themselves getting the Abletts and Judds into space.

The time to do that was before Greenwood and Lower come back from injury.

It is a waste to play him in the VFL. Why not send him down back and let him find some form down there, especially while Narni is out. Remember, he started down there last year and then took his form with him when he went forward. We could do with a solid defender down there - used to be great with guys like Arch, Pike, Pickett, JB, et all in the ol' days. Still living in the past I know.

Remove this Banner Ad

How many chances does Lachy Hansen get?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back