2001 - The crowd and the weather were against us. Hard to endure
2002 - Thought I would barrick for the Pies, ended up screaming for the Lions
2003 - As above, but an easy win
2005 - Great game, what an epic mark, right in front of me
2006 - The sequel
2007 - Pleasing to see the Cats fans taste success
2008 - Geelong were robbed by suspect tactics

2007 - amazing feeling to actually win one
2008 - felt sick before three quarter time due to scoreboard and went outside for fresh air, listened on radio and told myself I'd go back in if we kicked the first of the last quarter. We didn't and I left, crying the whole way home.
2009 - best day of my life, couldn't breathe when Chapman kicked the winning goal and couldn't get the smile off my face for weeks afterwards. The celebrations at Geelong the following day were much more low key than 2007 which was actually really nice.

AFL member and first one was 1994 and haven't missed since. 2005 obviously the highlight. 1996 and 2006 very hard and you never ever get over a GF loss.

Didn't go in the raffle last year. Regretted it since. I'd been to each final so far and won them all, I felt like I was tempting fate by not going. But I throw a GF Party each year, and to miss out on an opportunity to celebrate with everyone there, (and give it to my mates who are Pies fans ;)) was too great an opportunity to pass up. Sadly was not the case, and the empty glass bottle got in the way as I got up to leave the garage :eek:

If we make it this year, I'll go the raffle, If I miss out, only drinks in cans for the day :rolleyes:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Approx 30.

Went to every GF between 1974 and 1988 (or very close, I may have missed 1982) got a bit sick and tired of them being boring so I gave 1989 a miss..... Doh!!!

Since then I've probably been to four out of every five. Have missed the last two in a row and thats probably the first time I've missed two in a row in 36 years.

Do we have a winner?

1994 - my first game of Aussie Rules as my grandad got me two AFL Members seats for free of his work collegaue and got me going for Geelong.

2005 - Cause some guy was leaving at three quarter time for some strange reason and going to get pissed instead.

09 - Best way to use your full MCC Membership for the first time :D.

Can't remember much of the 94 & 95 GF mainly due to my age (7 & 8) with the rest due to repression tactics.

2007 - Missed the ballot but got tickets through someone Dad knew. Turned out to be the best day of my life. Parked at Crown at walked to Fed Square, caught a tram to Lygon St to pick up the tickets and have an awesome breakfast, back to the ground, THE GAME and then party after wards.

2008 - Missed the ballot again, but managed to get tickets through the Crows as their breakfast wasn't sold out (at half price too). Would've topped 2007 but for one minor detail that dropped it to worst day of my life.

2009 - Missed the ballot yet again so I started a thread on the Geelong board where people could try and get tickets. Didn't look like it was going to work for me until late on the Friday night when a miracle happened. The stuff around the game wasn't as good as the other 2 but I couldn't care less

Went to the Grand Finals from 1972 till 1980 when I joined the military. My mates and I never use to buy tickets before the Day. We would get to the G at about 9.00 when the Under 19's kicked off. We would wait until a scalper was caught by the cops, and the cop would give those tickets to a Salvation Army guy. We would go to the salvation army guy ask if he had tickets, make a donation and get a ticket into the ground.
Did that every year, one mate payed 14 cents for a ticket one year. Best times every year, didn't matter who was playing, great memories.

1996 - Caught the train with dad from Sydney (not sure why didn't fly). Great experience and best memory was the blow up Carey doll collapsing during the pre match entertainment.
1997 - Only GF were we didn't have a seat, sat on dad's shoulders at the very top of the old Ponsford stand.
2000 - Most of my extended family support Melbourne so ended up being disappointed. Wasn't expecting a win though.
2005 - Best day ever. We sat on the 2nd level in the Leo Barry pocket.
2006 - Almost the best day ever.

1996, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009. so 7 all up.

1996 far and away the most amazing experience, but also enjoyed 05 and 06 from an impartial view point.

2007 - absolute yawn fest, but I guess not for cats fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

How many Grand Finals have you been to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back