How many of you like NRL aswell?

Remove this Banner Ad

AllFooty4

All Australian
Aug 30, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just want to get a good understanding for some reason as i think most people that post on here aswell as loving AFL probably like sport in general. And when you answer im asking whether you like the game not the corporate side of it

I don't mind it as a sport TBH - Never seen it live though.

I watch maybe a game every month on TV.

Doesn't compare to AFL and I prefer Soccer and Union personally.

They way the humiliated Melbourne Storm this year has done them no favours down here mind you.

Girlfriend a big raiders fan, love giving her shit about the NRL but dont mind watching the raiders. Getting dragged along to the home final this weekend, 25k SELLOUT!!!!

Love their clubsong,

we're big and mean, the green machine. Fearsome men from the A.C.T. Don't try and stop these men in green machine or we'll hitcha hitcha hitcha and you'll see green :eek:

Ricky- Yeah unlucky this year you should do well with Inglis, would love to see him play a game of AFL at CHB would be crazy, And 2sewell it's not really that much better to watch live so your not missing much

Used to love it, now hate it with a passion. (Disgruntled North Sydney Bears fan).

They showed the Parramatta-North Sydney final from 1998 on Chooseday Night Football tonight. Couldn't watch it without being too angry so turned it off.

Bastards.:thumbsdown:

The NFL is the only other sport I am into.

Most Aussie Rules fans don't feel threatened by the NRL because we all know the AFL is the bigger more popular code in this country, and the NRL doing well won't change that.

You find in Sydney a lot of NRL fans say they hate the AFL, because they feel threatened by it. It's almost like they "want" to like it but they feel that supporting it will somehow be a negative to the NRL so they can't bring themselves to do it. So pathetic.

I don't mind the NRL. I pretty much like any code of football.

Hate it. But you get that when your an ex victorian living amoungst the NRL fans. I find the game boring and mono-dimensional, but most of all hate the fans. They are completely ignorant and barely know the game exists.

NRL fans by nature, generally speaking, at least the QLD ones are quite Occa. It makes no sense for them to snob the 'Australian' game in favour of the 'English' game of Rugby.

Are they really that dumb?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most Aussie Rules fans don't feel threatened by the NRL because we all know the AFL is the bigger more popular code in this country, and the NRL doing well won't change that.

You find in Sydney a lot of NRL fans say they hate the AFL, because they feel threatened by it. It's almost like they "want" to like it but they feel that supporting it will somehow be a negative to the NRL so they can't bring themselves to do it. So pathetic.

I don't mind the NRL. I pretty much like any code of football.
I used to not support AFL only Nrl and didn't care much for the AFL but you're right it was ignorance in a different sense really i used to think i don't even play the sport but i can kick to someone without them moving and 1 out of 50 times would drop a bomb whats so good about AFL then. Like i said it was just ignorance that no one ever really takes in all the other factors and how much of a hard and good game it is, Love it now :D

dont watch much league
love watching union, just came back from a trip to sydney to watch the wallabies v all blacks. league is a bit too stop start for me, like the more fluid play of union

Living in Perth, we get practically zero coverage on free-to-air TV. We get the SoO and that is pretty much it. No local team in the national comp means very little on the TV news either.

So, I don't see enough of it to either love or hate it.

I enjoy Rugby League. I used to play League and Union as a youngster.
I don't watch to much NRL though as I've never made a connection to a team since the Reds folded and I don't have Fox.
Australian Football is probably my fav but I enjoy all Football codes including American Football, Soccer is my least favorite though fun to play.

dont watch much league
love watching union, just came back from a trip to sydney to watch the wallabies v all blacks. league is a bit too stop start for me, like the more fluid play of union
Maybe union 8 years ago, modern union is the most stop start game around. Decided by penalties, with ridiculous advantage rules.

Agree the best game of union is better than the best game of league. But you may get 1 in 10 decent unions games compared to 6-7 in league.

NRL is a truly shoite sport. Predictable as hell, and played by beefcakes who treat women worse than the Saints (allegedly etc etc). Tiny crowds that get disproportionate amount of coverage because News Ltd. owns it and it's based in Sydney. It's a dying game, and I fugging can't wait for it to hurry up and do so.

Treats their own fans with total contempt too, whilst I'm at it.

Im a storm fan, wish it was on tv at better times, barring that i would prob watch any afl game competing with any nrl game on tv unless it was the storm. i do sometimes watch it at midnight when pissed! i watch the netball to i like breasts and short skirts

Remove this Banner Ad

How many of you like NRL aswell?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back