How many of you like NRL aswell?

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL is a truly shoite sport. Predictable as hell, and played by beefcakes who treat women worse than the Saints (allegedly etc etc). Tiny crowds that get disproportionate amount of coverage because News Ltd. owns it and it's based in Sydney. It's a dying game, and I fugging can't wait for it to hurry up and do so.

Treats their own fans with total contempt too, whilst I'm at it.
Forwards are beefcakes, Playmakers are far from it even though they may look it they're smart just like the playmakers in AFL are. and the tiny crowds are also due to the fact that there's only 1 or 2 games that don't have live coverage and it's a less fun game to watch in person not many more advantages then just on TV. and it isn't predictable who would've thought that the team places 7th would've beaten the team placed 2nd that went into 20 mins+ of overtime and was decided with an interception?

Maybe union 8 years ago, modern union is the most stop start game around. Decided by penalties, with ridiculous advantage rules.

Agree the best game of union is better than the best game of league. But you may get 1 in 10 decent unions games compared to 6-7 in league.

i mainly watch internationals as i'm in adelaide and we dont get much coverage so i dont watch much super 14's. but most of the southern hemisphere style i see during internationals is pretty good. Just watched the all blacks/wallabies match on sat night and that was a really entertaining match. i probably would like watching the english play since they are all front row and gets pretty boring IMO.

i remember a few years ago everyone was kicking to gain ground, that was boring as hell to me watching the two full backs kick and chase each other.

I like a lot of sports but rugby league goes in the nay column.

I don't care about the "competition" between codes, it's all stupid be it aussie rules v soccer or aussie rules v rugby league or whatever other combinations you can make.

League is rubbish, don't mind Union though.

+1

I'm sure League can be interesting, but the majority of the games I've seen have been some of the most dull sport I've ever watched. Honestly, if I wanted to see a dozen or so overweight rednecks run into each other, I'd go down to Frankston and throw some spare change in the town square.

Union on the other hand is a far more deft sport, with a huge amount of spectator enjoyment value. Can't wait for the World Cup next year!

Hate it, its a dull, repetitive sport played by neanderthals.

As a few others have mentioned similarly, i don't mind union though.

:thumbsdown:

Worst thing about leagues the over excitement of the commentator when n o t h i n g is happening WTF?

And every tackle is a start stop...too repetitive between some actual action

Good example was weekend union >>> league

+1

I'm sure League can be interesting, but the majority of the games I've seen have been some of the most dull sport I've ever watched. Honestly, if I wanted to see a dozen or so overweight rednecks run into each other, I'd go down to Frankston and throw some spare change in the town square.

Union on the other hand is a far more deft sport, with a huge amount of spectator enjoyment value. Can't wait for the World Cup next year!
Overweight rednecks? fair enough you don't like the sport but they're far from overweight like AFL you won't see many "fat" players in league either these days.... and especially seeing as you like union which there players are wayyy more overweight on average then a league player. Also Kurt Gidley - fittest player in the NRL is actually fitter then the fittest of AFL he is an obvious exception but i don't think that's overweight :)

Love the NRL. I basically grew up on both sports and can't remember which one I loved first. :) Some narrow-minded perceptions of the NRL (and its supporters) in this thread which is disappointing. Anyone who watched the Roosters Vs Tigers game on Saturday night would have been blown away. Even you NRL hating folk would have to concede that was a brilliant spectacle of sport.

Unfortunatley for me, I had to split my time between the watching the Swans and the Roosters so I missed some of the drama and instead endured the swans capitulation. The ecstacy and then the agony...:(

Saturday was a ripper day for watching sport btw. All live, all on FTA in Sydney. Melbourne on the other hand...:eek: Those of you who think up in NSW we aren't receptive to other sports need to get a reality check.

Don't like nor dislike, apathetic would be more apt.

If the only sport on telly was league or stillwater fishing, i would probably choose the fishing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Live in Canberra so it's hard to avoid it. Followed Balmain as a kid but not anymore. To be honest it's the fans that put me off more than anything. Most of them are so painfully stupid, not to mention perpetually threatened by AFL.

nooooooooooooo
i would rather watch car racing (which i also can't stand)
i like soccer & rugby union, but thugby leege does my head in.
i tried 2 watch the state of origin at the behest of friends, but have never gotten to 1/2 time.
i'll even watch lawn bowls or even curling but i don't get NRL.
i do have a pet hate when they refer to rugby league as footy.
puhleeeeease.
i have a mate who moved over 2 sydney & teases the people over there by calling it "handy"
anyway, good luck to them. i prefer Aussie footy.

Big fan of league, love the Storm and SoO. It's a shame they made our concept even better than we could.

When you only have two states involved, origin is a simple thing. Aussie rules has always had the big 3 - Vic, SA, WA and even Tas. Makes it hard to have the same drive and focus. Incidentally this is what seperates AFL from NRL, where NRL focussed on a two state hegemony for years, the AFL was off trying to get as many people as possible involved.

Riddle me this, in what has been a two state comp forever, how is it that Brisbane - in the rugby league heartland - has only one team? If Adelaide or Perth were the same size as Brisbane, there'd be at least 3 by now if the AFL did it.

For me its AFL>Cricket> .............................................>Union>Soccer>NRL>
............................................................................All other sports>
............................................................................curling>NFL

Wests Tigers fan, but obviously not as big as an AFL fan. Always more pumped for Origin, if there's a game outside of the AFL you must see this is it, if only for the near guarantee of a fight.

International Union is something I'll watch, but if you think being a Doggies fan is tough try being a Wallabies fan....

Rating of interest;
AFL 10/10
Test Cricket 10/10
EPL 8/10
NBA 7/10
Cricket (other forms) 7/10
NRL 6/10
NFL 3/10
A-League 2/10
NBL 0/10
Union 0/10

I like it, especially finals, but there's nothing worse than a sloppy game of league.

Most Aussie Rules fans don't feel threatened by the NRL because we all know the AFL is the bigger more popular code in this country, and the NRL doing well won't change that.

You find in Sydney a lot of NRL fans say they hate the AFL, because they feel threatened by it. It's almost like they "want" to like it but they feel that supporting it will somehow be a negative to the NRL so they can't bring themselves to do it. So pathetic.

This. Nails it.

I don't mind the NRL. I pretty much like any code of football.

Can't say the same about this though. I can't say I hate it, but I have never even been interested enough to tune into a single game. One of the most boring/stupidest sports I know.. and I've lived in QLD/NSW for.... 15+ years?

Remove this Banner Ad

How many of you like NRL aswell?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back