How many weeks for Embley's high shot on Rhys

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, funny how everyone kept saying the eagles were an average side carried by their star midfield of Judd, Cousins, Cox and Kerr... but eagles fans kept denying it. ('Best U23 team in the league', etc, etc...)

And then Judd and Cousins left, and Cox and Kerr lost form. And then.........

Much like Hawthorn 2008, and they've retained their top few players.:eek: Essendon 2000 were the 'best side in history', too...

On the whole, people underestimate the value of genuine stars to all sides. Fremantle minus Pavlich and Sandilands would be a totally different side, and even Geelong with great depth would drop a peg without Ablett and Bartel.

I have my own theories on why we've faltered post 2006 as a club, but they're not really for this thread. Anyone with half a brain (which eliminates most of BigFooty) who has regularly watched us play over the last few years (there goes most of the rest) would know that not many of our 2006 squad have performed post 2006 at 2006 levels or above for one reason or another, but it's not quite as simple as 'can't play without Judd and Cousins there' for each case. EIther or, 12/22 from the 2006 are gone now and injury/form/crabness means we're currently getting bugger all from the remaining 10. Next week we'll be lucky to have 5 in the 22, who'd have thunk it...

So let me get this straight.

Embley gets 4 weeks reduced to 2 because the sun was in his eyes in the 3rd quarter in the pocket and squibbed it while hitting Palmer?

6? why not go for long term injury and 8 weeks. Is dementia an injury? Elevate one of those youth stocks barreling the side into a finals campaign in 3 years. :rolleyes:

Dunno about an injury, but Woosha fever is a condition somewhat similar to being brainwashed where the subject will unknowingly and unwillingly follow their leader through anything that he/she will subject them to :thumbsu:

also had this cracker messaged to me yesterday:

"
Breaking News: The Public Transport Authority have announced that from next weekend, and for all West Coast Eagles games, special train services from Subiaco to city will be introduced at three quater time. These extra services will be introduced to cater for the growing number of Eagles fans who wish to leave the game... early. If the services prove popular, the PTA will also run special trains at half time"

sorry if any format errors come up...

on topic though: 3-4 weeks is fair but should be more as he made no attempt to get the ball and seemed to just gluide through palmers head

also had this cracker messaged to me yesterday:

"
Breaking News: The Public Transport Authority have announced that from next weekend, and for all West Coast Eagles games, special train services from Subiaco to city will be introduced at three quater time. These extra services will be introduced to cater for the growing number of Eagles fans who wish to leave the game... early. If the services prove popular, the PTA will also run special trains at half time"
he he... Just put that to good use :thumbsu:

Apologies if this has been said earlier, but it is this type of incident that makes me so angry, given that Johno copped 4 weeks for having a fat ass about 4 years ago in a purely incidental collision. How a dog act like this only gets 2 weeks is a joke. If Johno got 4 for his, this should have warranted 8 weeks - the irony is that the WCE are probably better off without the has been hack anyway :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

How many weeks for Embley's high shot on Rhys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back