Traded Hugh Greenwood [traded to Gold Coast for 2020 3rd, 2020 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Points for Edwards and Borlaise for a guy that would not be in our team next year. Good trade by Adelaide. Gold Coast can pay the $750k a year contract
haha, reported as 350-400k + incentives but ok.
As you said, wouldn't have been in your team next year. You got what you valued him at - I think a fair trade.
We probably didn't need to pay the 4th rounder, but we were unlikely to use it so if it gets the deal done and builds a bit of good will so be it.

It’s a 3rd rounder and a pick in the 60s, next season. Good to see Reid has exceeded you expectations with that extra 2020 4th.

And that’s your absolute best case scenario if GC finish on the bottom, with no free agents. Far cry from a first rounder which were the calls mid year.

Gold Coast will likely finish bottom, lets be honest.
Nobody expected 1st round.

The two picks adds up to pick 31 presuming they are placed the same next year (extremely likely)

That is a second round pick which was agreed by most as fair value.

Why are you looking to try to start a fight when theres nothing here?

I said he wouldnt go for just a 3rd.
He didnt go for just a 3rd.
I was right... so what are you trying to do?

With all the academy picks next year aren’t these two picks going to end up about 45 and 65 even if we come last?

Yes, but then take the 20% discount because we'll use them for bidding and they end up better than what they started in a roundabout way.
We wont actually be using these picks, so their value to us is 20% higher than the figures attached.

Yes, but then take the 20% discount because we'll use them for bidding and they end up better than what they started in a roundabout way.
We wont actually be using these picks, so their value to us is 20% higher than the figures attached.
Yep, think the trade was pretty fair to be honest - you guys get points for 2 academy prospects. If it is pick 45 and pick 65 - that's equivalent to pick 40 on points, take the 20% discount and its a pick in the early 30's which is probably fair.

We get a mature player that will play a good role for us.

Win-win I reckon.

Yep, think the trade was pretty fair to be honest - you guys get points for 2 academy prospects. If it is pick 45 and pick 65 - that's equivalent to pick 40 on points, take the 20% discount and its a pick in the early 30's which is probably fair.

We get a mature player that will play a good role for us.

Win-win I reckon.

I think GC are the winners.
But it was a buyers market that one and we got some points for next year.

Hugh will be a very good player for you. We will miss him, but unfortunately too many similar players on the list pushed him out.

haha, reported as 350-400k + incentives but ok.
As you said, wouldn't have been in your team next year. You got what you valued him at - I think a fair trade.
We probably didn't need to pay the 4th rounder, but we were unlikely to use it so if it gets the deal done and builds a bit of good will so be it.

Reported where?

I have this one, show me yours. I don’t think it is that high but I think it would be more than $350k

Reported where?

I have this one, show me yours. I don’t think it is that high but I think it would be more than $350k

He wouldn't have moved for that.
Our offer would've been around that.

Tom Morris written 2 weeks ago
3 years plus trigger for the 4th (essentially a team option - if we don't want to pick up his 4th year, we can just play him in the reserves second half of year 3)
350-400k plus incentives.

Drewie11
DangerSloane

Who is Stephen Marson, the author on the article you referenced. I've not heard of him before.
Looking at his twitter he just looks like a fan - not sure how he would have any insight into the contract Greenwood has signed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 years plus trigger for the 4th (essentially a team option - if we don't want to pick up his 4th year, we can just play him in the reserves second half of year 3)

Drewie11
DangerSloane

Who is Stephen Marson, the author on the article you referenced. I've not heard of him before.
Looking at his twitter he just looks like a fan - not sure how he would have any insight into the contract Greenwood has signed.

The quote is from Kim Dillon who has a few contacts through the Adelaide football club. Personally it wouldn’t be that high but I highly doubt it would be $350k also

Drewie11
DangerSloane

No idea sorry mate. I didn't quote the article.

The quote is from Kim Dillon who has a few contacts through the Adelaide football club. Personally it wouldn’t be that high but I highly doubt it would not be $350k either.
Ok, I hadn't read that part of it.
I guess that was written 2 weeks earlier than the Morris article and says what Greenwoods camp were asking for.
The Morris article says what the contract actually will be.

I don't know what he's getting paid - just going on what's most recently been reported.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Hugh Greenwood [traded to Gold Coast for 2020 3rd, 2020 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back