Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the BB saints write up in todays paper... 15 siginings!!! and most of those are senior players from what i can understand...
Speaking to one of their players last night and he said there was a large turn out to their first training session, and that Duncan is a good mate of Guest and that there is a fair chance that he could infact end up a saint!

I dont know about any of you but I do think that BB will be a force this yr, and the draw will help them stay close to the top of the ladder.

I just wish i knew some of the "good news gossip" from Walla! :(

I read the BB saints write up in todays paper... 15 siginings!!! and most of those are senior players from what i can understand...
Speaking to one of their players last night and he said there was a large turn out to their first training session, and that Duncan is a good mate of Guest and that there is a fair chance that he could infact end up a saint!

I dont know about any of you but I do think that BB will be a force this yr, and the draw will help them stay close to the top of the ladder.

I just wish i knew some of the "good news gossip" from Walla! :(

At training last night, had over 40 (48 i think it was) with another 4 or 5 watching. The bandwagon is in full swing it seems, wonder where alot of them where when the club was down...

Guesty wasnt there last night and have no idea if its true. Anymore light you can shed on it, dont know Duncan but from what I have heard on this forum he sounds like a gun...

At training last night, had over 40 (48 i think it was) with another 4 or 5 watching. The bandwagon is in full swing it seems, wonder where alot of them where when the club was down...

Guesty wasnt there last night and have no idea if its true. Anymore light you can shed on it, dont know Duncan but from what I have heard on this forum he sounds like a gun...

i suppose the only problem now for the saints is getting the "bandwagon" in line and keeping a lid on their players and supporters.. and lets hope that all the new players can play together and remain injury free...

It would be nice to see a club like BB who are 16 years finals free, to have a positive year! :thumbsu:

i suppose the only problem now for the saints is getting the "bandwagon" in line and keeping a lid on their players and supporters.. and lets hope that all the new players can play together and remain injury free...

It would be nice to see a club like BB who are 16 years finals free, to have a positive year! :thumbsu:

good to hear some postive words and yes the bandwagon is certinally off and racing just wait and see how many hang on for the ride. . . . .Also good to see some ex players come down and have a look thats the sort of support we have missed in the down time pitty it had to cost so much money for people to come back to support their old club.

Hopefully onward and upward for the saints in 2010!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Power Sign Rich Leahy In 2 yr deal will be intresting o see how he goes althe best2 him has indicated tha he will some youngsters ,,billabong crows were throwing big money at jase kerr although fell through but now theres talk of his brother be kerr coming back and coaching

Any idea of a date for the GF, and venue? Looking at a footy trip end of year to Albury, take in the sights, O & M and Hume are saturday/sunday on the same weekend aren't they?

Originally Posted by juddy05
This would be my theory if two divisions were set up in the Hume league.

Division 1 (eg. Kennedy Shield)
Lockhart
Osborne
Howlong
Jindera
Holbrook
TRYC
Culcairn
Walla (?)
Henty(?)
Murray Magpies(?)
(one team out of walla henty or murray magpies would be in the 2nd divison, leaving 9 teams in divison 1)

Division 2 (eg. Wegner Shield)
CDHBU
Rand/Walbundrie
Brock/Burrum
Billabong Crows
Colli
Rennie
Berrigan (?)
Jerilderie

Hentyor Murray Magpies or Walla

What happens when Walla merge, Crows fold. Two comps with 6 and 7. Small comps equal weak comps, just look at upper murrey,farrar & old correen league.What happens when Walla merge, Crows fold. Two comps with 6 and 7. Small comps equal weak comps, just look at upper murrey,farrar & old correen league.

Firstly, i think that those two divisons look very similar to the old Coreen and Hume leagues with a few changes. And im pretty sure thats what was suggested before the merge of the coreen league teams into the hume. For a few weaker teams from the hume league to come into the coreen league. but they never wanted to come because it was apparently a weaker competition, no club would swallow their pride n accept it n now it looks like that is what is goin to happen or should happen anyway.

there could be two divisions (or leagues?) consisting of 9 teams each thats 18 rounds, with everyone playing each other twice n with two byes.

if walla was in division two they would be more competitive n might not have to think about merging or folding. same with all the other teams eg. i dont think the crows would be thinking of folding or merging with CDHBU (if correct), if the league was more competitive they would draw more players

obviously berrigan wont come over now because they are finally competitive in their league (but for how long?) and jerilderie and rennie are long gone now. but in hindsight dont u think that could have worked?

Any idea of a date for the GF, and venue? Looking at a footy trip end of year to Albury, take in the sights, O & M and Hume are saturday/sunday on the same weekend aren't they?

Grand Final is on the 18th September and will be held at Walbundrie real good day get a reasonable size crowd 4-5000 depending on whos playing. o and m is the sunday at lavington

Power Sign Rich Leahy In 2 yr deal will be intresting o see how he goes althe best2 him has indicated tha he will some youngsters ,,billabong crows were throwing big money at jase kerr although fell through but now theres talk of his brother be kerr coming back and coaching

Kerr's brother (Ben?) telling people he's going back to Cobram. And the Crows have reappointed Kirchen as coach.

if walla was in division two they would be more competitive n might not have to think about merging or folding. same with all the other teams eg. i dont think the crows would be thinking of folding or merging with CDHBU (if correct), if the league was more competitive they would draw more players

obviously berrigan wont come over now because they are finally competitive in their league (but for how long?) and jerilderie and rennie are long gone now. but in hindsight dont u think that could have worked?
[/COLOR][/quote]

Would or could be two good even comps but the horse has well and truly bolted now, and it isn't going to happen. All sorts of reasons why (i.e. your BBs, Rand Wals and others probably don't want to come west because they draw players from Albury and they believe the players won't travel, and your Berrigans, Jerilderies and Rennies happy where they are now). Too many clubs negative to it to happen unfortunately.

what do u mean potato head, is there christian connotations here? maybe klemke? they might need more than divine intervention

BAAHAA!!!!

I think your right about Walla needing more than some divine intervention if we are to even look at being competitve next yr.. i think i may have to jump on this "bb bandwagon" if some good news does not come out of walla soon... but im not sure if there will be any room left on it for me, and my little potatoes...:D God bless em!!!

guesty wasnt there at the first session busy with work an moving house etc bt shuld b ready 2 explode this year with all his injury worries behind him...expect to see the best of brett guest this season... good luck 2 tha sainters this season wuld a good 2 c a challange for the howlongs and lockarts etc being at the top end of the ladder for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guesty wasnt there at the first session busy with work an moving house etc bt shuld b ready 2 explode this year with all his injury worries behind him...expect to see the best of brett guest this season... good luck 2 tha sainters this season wuld a good 2 c a challange for the howlongs and lockarts etc being at the top end of the ladder for a long time.
the best of brett guest u have missed it.. his best was many years ago when the young lad took out the leauge best and fairest in rfl 18s.. :D

walla in big trouble would have to lost up to 16 of there best 21 or starting 21from last year. whiterod mcglynn rolly best three nixon and watkins(snoz) retiring then blokes like murray carroll chapham as well. have to say walla in big trouble would surely have to be looking at a merger???

Lockhart have finally got themselves a coach. One of the Carrolls from Ganmain.

AND.. I'm jumping on the Saints Bandwagon for sure. Although I have nothing to do with the club, I hope they get some success:thumbsu:

Lockhart have finally got themselves a coach. One of the Carrolls from Ganmain.

AND.. I'm jumping on the Saints Bandwagon for sure. Although I have nothing to do with the club, I hope they get some success:thumbsu:

How will he go with recruiting? have Lockhart lost any others? Anyone know whats happening out at Osborne? be good to get some more convo going now that we have heard all about Jindera and Saints.

How will he go with recruiting? have Lockhart lost any others? Anyone know whats happening out at Osborne? be good to get some more convo going now that we have heard all about Jindera and Saints.
Not really sure what he is like tbh.
Confirmed losses from 1st 21 in 2009: McPherson, S.Smallwood, M.Pilon, Sheather
Have read Tom Marlow wants to return but is having a bit of trouble as he signed on with The Rock.

yeh wots the status on osborne?? mclevie is going round again from wot ive heard but Parr isnt...wateva it is its osborne and will be undoubtabley strong like every year...sad 2 c big general leave from walla from wot ive heard correct me if im wrong..

Yeah I heard Whitrod definately gone from Walla along with a heap of others. Also heard they are still touching first base in the search for Coaches, so it still may be quite a while before Walla can land one. It has to be hard to hold on to or recruit players with no coach surely. Only positive is preseason probably hasn't started!!!!

It seems to be said every year but also I think Brown and Gilson have had enough of the travel and won't be returning for Culcairn - they have picked up a few but with those 2 not returning, no Murray and a few others it would make a fair dent in their side wouldn't it?? I was away for the second half of last year but I reckon Shan is in the top few players in the league still.

Not sure how true it is either but I heard Holbrook have lost similar numbers to Walla - 12or 13. Not sure of all their names but most of their better players Manny, Hickey, Thompson, West were in there as not playing and their fullback is travelling or something and their best and fairest winner too, not sure of his name though? They have recruited 3 but could be a long year out there.

Top 4 or 5 sides seem to ahead of the rest but it looks like it should be a good year again.

heard trent castles has not signed yet with the dog but is in talks with QAFL club(Aspley). and it seems dogs may not be as good as first thought. is this true or not,

heard trent castles has not signed yet with the dog but is in talks with QAFL club(Aspley). and it seems dogs may not be as good as first thought. is this true or not,

The tron is back, been overseas for a while ha, actually i heard that aswell, heard it from a pretty good source (him) that he was heading north for work or something like that. all the best to him would be handy up that way, since i have not been on here for a while how is the league shaping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back