Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints have arguably the best midfield in the league (Glanville, Storey, Guest, McKimmie, Scott, J.Schilg etc) but who is going to kick the goals for them?:confused: Probably need power forward and another key backman before they will be contenders of any sort.:)

I hear the riverina players they picked up know where the goals are.. and if it were me, i would rotate Glanville and Storey through the forward line giving them a tall option.
Didn't their main forward from last yr kick 60 goals or something? so that would be handy.

I hear the riverina players they picked up know where the goals are.. and if it were me, i would rotate Glanville and Storey through the forward line giving them a tall option.
Didn't their main forward from last yr kick 60 goals or something? so that would be handy.

that is correct. micheal allan albert klein-boonschate. Can take a good mark and kick goals. except after the bb saints lucheon (cymbals) :D:D:D:) Although can hold down other positions up the ground. also wispers of a good o&m center half back a fairly good chance of comoing to the saints. very very handy if he does ;)

be interesting to see how his body holds up, struggled with injuries at lavington last yr and the grounds out hume league wont suit him at all i wouldnt think, but if he can stay injury free he and glanville will dominate up forward u would think

Disappointing to see Skills leave the LPO, but 15 years service and 260+ games, he's done more than his fair share for the Blues/Panthers over the years. Good luck to him.
As for him struggling with injuries, he wasn't injured until the last 3 rounds last year, got shirt-fronted by twitt on the wing and put a little crack in his jaw. Has had hami and ankle probs in previous years and played through them, but was in good condition in 2009. Grounds out there won't suit anyone, i'd suggest the more skillful players will handle it no matter what and he's got plenty of that. Won't matter where on the ground he plays (fwd, back, middle) he'll be a star!

COME TO KILLARNEY VALE!! - POSITIONS VACANT
Senior players wanted for Killarney Vale Bombers Australian Football Club for season 2010.

The Killarney Vale Australian Rules Football Club is located on the Central Coast of NSW and offers a tremendous lifestyle with adjacent beaches and ample work available in a growing area.

The facilities at the club are second to none with a great clubroom, bar, gym etc.

Work and accommodation opportunities available.

Payments negotiable.

For more details about the club see www.kvbomers.com

Just send me a private message with your contact details

that is correct. micheal allan albert klein-boonschate. Can take a good mark and kick goals. except after the bb saints lucheon (cymbals) :D:D:D:) Although can hold down other positions up the ground. also wispers of a good o&m center half back a fairly good chance of comoing to the saints. very very handy if he does ;)

Wodonga key defender Dean Murphy signed with the Saints last night... With the addition of this quality key defender the Saints must be considered a real contender now... Wat do you all think???

Wodonga key defender Dean Murphy signed with the Saints last night... With the addition of this quality key defender the Saints must be considered a real contender now... Wat do you all think???

BB Saints will start favourites now one would think!! Ahead of Jindera, Osborne and R/W

BB Saints will start favourites now one would think!! Ahead of Jindera, Osborne and R/W

Not to sure if they will start favourites, but they should certanly be considered a good chance. Any news if this is all BB are chasing? Will still need to see if they can kick the goals?

Not quite sure about that just yet... Starting quite a way behind the 8-ball from two of those above teams. Now that Christmas is over and we move into the new year, how are teams shaping up for the season ahead? Is anyone game to come up with a ladder or at least a top 6... Ill start (please be kind...haha:):))

Jindera
Osborne
BB Saints...(biased)
Howlong
Culcairn
R/W...very quiet...gains/losses???

Lockhart...best of the rest??
Holbrook...best of the rest??
Coly
CDHBU
Henty
Walla
Magpies
Crows

Will be interesting to see how many of their regular senior players (particularly Brock-Burrum locals) drop down to the 2's and how they will take it after sticking with their club during the hard times. Was told recently a couple of their regulars were approached by the Magpies to switch camps.

Shall be very interesting. Looking forward to the season kicking off. 2010 is gonna be a good year

Will be interesting to see how many of their regular senior players (particularly Brock-Burrum locals) drop down to the 2's and how they will take it after sticking with their club during the hard times. Was told recently a couple of their regulars were approached by the Magpies to switch camps.

You would hope that the regular senior players that may become fringe players, would realise that this is is a positive step from the clubs view. It should promote some harder training and a bigger desire to be one of those senior players every week.

Anyway should be a great season!!

heard a rumor that mick duncan from griff is moving to albury and is interested in playing with the saints which would be another big boost to the saints already very capable midfield..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heard a rumor that mick duncan from griff is moving to albury and is interested in playing with the saints which would be another big boost to the saints already very capable midfield..

Duncan is a gun and i'd imagine he would be on the recruiting radar of the cashed up ovens & murray sides.
Where would the saints be getting all the cash to pay all these new recruits? Will they be able to sustain it or will it be 1 big year then go broke?

Duncan is a gun and i'd imagine he would be on the recruiting radar of the cashed up ovens & murray sides.
Where would the saints be getting all the cash to pay all these new recruits? Will they be able to sustain it or will it be 1 big year then go broke?

I recall hearing a few years ago (feel free to shoot me down if I'm wrong) that Brock get small kickbacks from the AFL for Kosi - and that all AFL grass roots clubs receive similar payments.

Sounds a little far fetched but just throwing it out there.

Also heard that Brock always were well resourced but could never attract players...

Now to non-wives tails - I've heard from a senior MM's player that Romerill hasn't even turned up to training yet and Cory 'hates to shave and prefers to look like a bum' Bahr has been taking training. Not a good start.

Did Holbrook retain Manny? Big Al has been very quiet this year!

Shame about the Crows if true. I would have played out there for a key to Colombo Creek waterski club if I wasn't connected elsewhere:confused:

I recall hearing a few years ago (feel free to shoot me down if I'm wrong) that Brock get small kickbacks from the AFL for Kosi - and that all AFL grass roots clubs receive similar payments.

Also heard that Brock always were well resourced but could never attract players...

That is correct grass root clubs are meant to get payments if a former player reaches afl. but i dont think that the club has ever recived payments like that. but if the club is getting payments like that then it should get payments from tony armstrong once he starts playing some afl games.

The kick backs to the junior clubs ended a few years ago. The kick backs now go to the Junior Development programs instead. So any kick backs that Kosi has earned has gone to the NSW/ACT development programs.

Now to non-wives tails - I've heard from a senior MM's player that Romerill hasn't even turned up to training yet and Cory 'hates to shave and prefers to look like a bum' Bahr has been taking training. Not a good start.

Did Holbrook retain Manny? Big Al has been very quiet this year!

Shame about the Crows if true. I would have played out there for a key to Colombo Creek waterski club if I wasn't connected elsewhere:confused:

What is the story with the Crows? Couldn't find any earlier post on them. Are they buggered? The only thing I've heard is that most/all of their Mulwala based players aren't coming back, and that they don't have a coach.

Am also hearing that North Corowa (CDHBU) aren't setting the world on fire atm. No coach although Chalky will probably do it if needed. Talbot to Picola United and Hicks to Wahgunyah - both sons of committee members no less! 4 players at their last training run.

Talk of both clubs merging if things don't aim up. CDHBOUU??? (Wonder what those blokes in each club who pushed to go to the Hume are thinking now? Bet they're missing the Coreen League!!!).

Hopefully both clubs can get going again in 2010 without folding/merging. What do you know Here It Is?

What is the story with the Crows? Couldn't find any earlier post on them. Are they buggered? The only thing I've heard is that most/all of their Mulwala based players aren't coming back, and that they don't have a coach.

Am also hearing that North Corowa (CDHBU) aren't setting the world on fire atm. No coach although Chalky will probably do it if needed. Talbot to Picola United and Hicks to Wahgunyah - both sons of committee members no less! 4 players at their last training run.

Talk of both clubs merging if things don't aim up. CDHBOUU??? (Wonder what those blokes in each club who pushed to go to the Hume are thinking now? Bet they're missing the Coreen League!!!).

Hopefully both clubs can get going again in 2010 without folding/merging. What do you know Here It Is?

Huge point. This is probably the biggest issue facing the league at present. With only the best interests of the old Coreen clubs in mind, is it possible to do a complete back-flip and re-establish the Coreen league with the clubs that came across, and maybe on or two clubs from Picola-East (?? think thats what its called) joining the league also to give it a couple more numbers ?? Thoughts....

Huge point. This is probably the biggest issue facing the league at present. With only the best interests of the old Coreen clubs in mind, is it possible to do a complete back-flip and re-establish the Coreen league with the clubs that came across, and maybe on or two clubs from Picola-East (?? think thats what its called) joining the league also to give it a couple more numbers ?? Thoughts....

Pretty unlikely (which is unfortunate). Wahgunyah wanted out of the Coreen and appear happy in the Tallangatta. Rennie see their future in the Picola South East as most of the players are Yarra/Mul based so this comp suits them. It would probably be seen as a backwards move by some at Rennie to go back to anything like the old Coreen as they have picked up good numbers in the juniors from in town. Subsequently, there would be fair resistance from the Hoppers to any proposed change. I think Berrigan are happy in the Picola North West as are Jerilderie. I think all of these clubs also prefer being in a VCFL run comp (after seeing the way that NSW AFL has handled things over the last few years). A few old Coreen people haven't forgotten the fact that CDHBU and Billabong played a large role in the Coreen's demise (not intentionally, but by their view that they were better off going to the Hume). Subsequently, those same people aren't feeling too sorry for them now. Those clubs have made their bed - now they've got to lie in it. Don't mean to sound harsh but that's just how it is. NSW AFL just don't seem to have the clout to fix things. Some suspect that that they are happy to watch a few clubs fold. It's a pretty sad state of affairs. These little clubs are the lifeblood of their communities so it is sad to see what's happening with a few of them atm.

Let me be the first to acknowledge that my reported rumours may have been a bit hasty.:confused: Today's Border Mail indicates that Danny Kirchen to coach the Crows again. And they are going to field a 3rds. No news on any recruits and only hearing of departures though. Might be a long season. Kirchen probably hoping that with the big numbers at Mulwala training he might be able to pluck a few guys from there who might be looking for a bit more of a go than what they'll get with the Lions? Plus CDHBU to announce a coach later in week. No name yet so looking to forward to seeing who they have picked up. Unless this new coach can bring a few with him they may struggle a bit. Hopefully that "merge" is off the table by the sounds of things.

I heard a few rumours when I was home over Christmas. Don't know how many of them will come to fruition but I couldn't see any chance of a further merger and no one I spoke to has heard anything about it.
I do know our former premiership players Chris Baksh and Darren Kilmister have launched a raid on us down at Picola, which I'm very disappointed about, considering they are still very good mates with myself and many others at the club and always will be as premiership players.
I also heard about attempted raids from both Wahgunyah and Milawa that could prove to be successful and would rip the guts out of the club if so.
There was word about a potential coach with plenty of experience, but as far as I know he hasn't put pen to paper yet.
And yes, treason wouldn't be a bad word for the CDHBU-Wahgunyah switch.

I will still argue anyone saying CDHBU or Billabong were responsible for the CDFL collapsing. That is absolute bullshit. CDHBU explored its option when it became obvious that Wahgunyah was deserting the competition and there would be no way of remaining viable. It was decided at the time that the HFL would be the best way to go ONLY IF THE CDFL WENT UNDER.
I've heard people say the Crows' procrastination put paid to the earlier discussed Picola merger. They made the same decision as their neighbours in that Hume would be the best way to go and they went with that.
I'm certain Jerilderie would have gone nowhere if the CDFL had survived and Rennie and Coleambally certainly didn't want the league to fold, which leaves Wahgunyah as the final straw for a great and historic competition.

I also think that if people from the smaller clubs were to get together, there is still room for a third league in the middle - even if it were not to be a resurrection of the Coreen league.
Officials from the CDHBU, Billabong Crows, Coleambally, Rennie, Jerilderie, Rand-Walbundrie, Walla, Brocklesby-Burrumbuttock, Berrigan and Blighty clubs should get together, form a committee, do it off their own bats and call it the Southern Riverina Football League.
They must do it alone because there will be no help from Wagga, that has become painfully obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back