Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jindera are due to win out there and will by 11pts
good test for rand/walb after last week against walla, they will find this tougher and will lose by 24 pts.
Holbrook by 34 points.
Howlong in a close one against lockhart by 17 points.
Bb saints will win but i think coly will push them all the way, with the saints running away in the last quarter for a 29 point win.
Murray magpies to beat walla by 27 points
henty to comfortably defeat the crows by 62 points...
Good luck to all sides

jindera by 5pts out there
tigers by 14pts in a cracker
brookers by 41pts power will be lucky to win one this year?
spiders by 29pts at home
saints have to win 21pts
magpies just in a ugly game 10pts
henty by 48pts two sides rebuilding crows long way off yet?

Osborne v Jindera by 28
R/W v Culcairn by 7
Holbrook
v CDHBU by 39
Magpies
v Walla by 23
Howlong
v Lockhart by 30
BB Saints
v Coleambally 34
Crows v Henty by 55

is there any chance of getting the selected teams up on sporting pulse like they did last year? whoever does that is doing a great job with posting all the different articles, keep up the good work.

Osborne v Jindera by 28
R/W v Culcairn by 7
Holbrook v CDHBU by 39
Magpies v Walla by 23
Howlong v Lockhart by 30
BB Saints v Coleambally 34
Crows v Henty by 55

Walla may not have even shown up to the ground on saturday against the maggies.. i felt so sorry for the boys and i wish they would bring a mersey rule in. next week we have BB saints and they beat coly by 107 points. its not going to be good. But chin up boys, lets remain positive..:)

What was the story from out at Osborne yesterday between the Cats and Jindera ?
good game of footy, jindera probably should of won by a little more with a few easy goals missed, kade garland 2.8,castles 2.5. a stiff breeze blowing towards albury end made it tuff. osborne missed mkelvie alot as they dont seem to have a big forward to go to. mat clarke and adam gooden brilliant. will not loose to many games as they only get stronger as the year goes on. going on the other results i agree with gilly (border mail)that this year is very even and their is a number of sides that can win it this year.

Jindera flew out of the blokes kicking 5 goals to 0 in the first quarter. The rest of the game from then on was an arm wrestle with only inaccurate goal kicking keeping the cats close. But in saying that, that was more due to the pressure applied from both sides as well as a tricky wind. Great game of footy to watch. 2 quality sides going head to head

Flew out of the blokes Brett?

good game of footy, jindera probably should of won by a little more with a few easy goals missed, kade garland 2.8,castles 2.5. a stiff breeze blowing towards albury end made it tuff. osborne missed mkelvie alot as they dont seem to have a big forward to go to. mat clarke and adam gooden brilliant. will not loose to many games as they only get stronger as the year goes on. going on the other results i agree with gilly (border mail)that this year is very even and their is a number of sides that can win it this year.

Geez those boys must of been in everything up forward. And i see in the border b.garland chimed in with 4 of his own. it seems like it was a weekend for inaccurate kicking, must of been a swirling breeze circling around the north-east on saturday

Had an interesting conversation on saturday night about the state of the Hume league and the amount of money needed to field a competitive team. Also noted was the lack of supporter enthusiasm which we assumed was due to the lack of "local content" in many teams.Was wondering if anyone would be interested in supplying the number of "locals" in each 1st 21. ie those that came up through the junior ranks of that club & and are now regular senior footballers.

Had an interesting conversation on saturday night about the state of the Hume league and the amount of money needed to field a competitive team. Also noted was the lack of supporter enthusiasm which we assumed was due to the lack of "local content" in many teams.Was wondering if anyone would be interested in supplying the number of "locals" in each 1st 21. ie those that came up through the junior ranks of that club & and are now regular senior footballers.

i understand where you are going with this Power forward but it really is a moot point. For one the fact of the matter is that ALL country towns represented in the Hume league you would struggle to field one side full of locals let alone 2 senior sides.
Reasons why.
the kids move away from these towns for more secure opportunity in the big smoke as oppose to being farmers or working in a small community.
Like all kids interest in sport wains when there are other things on offer, cars, girls, grog etc....
Without the bought in talent most clubs simply would not exist, Walla is possibly the prime example at the moment
as i say, i understand what you are trying to say, but really it is still up to the clubs to ensure that it remains a representation of that town, best way in my opinion is by having these recruits "give" something back to the club/community.

[quote=no orange peeler;17474243]i understand where you are going with this Power forward but it really is a moot point. For one the fact of the matter is that ALL country towns represented in the Hume league you would struggle to field one side full of locals let alone 2 senior sides.
Reasons why.
the kids move away from these towns for more secure opportunity in the big smoke as oppose to being farmers or working in a small community.
Like all kids interest in sport wains when there are other things on offer, cars, girls, grog etc....
Without the bought in talent most clubs simply would not exist, Walla is possibly the prime example at the moment
as i say, i understand what you are trying to say, but really it is still up to the clubs to ensure that it remains a representation of that town, best way in my opinion is by having these recruits "give" something back to the club/community.[/quote]

Totally agree with all of this but you still see a lot of kids playing for teams not more than an hour from their home club.Eg. Marty Bahr.. Osborne to Marrar. Trav Hodges.. Culcairn to Border Walwa. Isaac Corrigan.. Henty to Border Walwa. Certainly we need the recruits to field teams and in many cases they do bring a lot to the club both on and off the field. Unfortunately the local footy teams are not so local anymore.

Had an interesting conversation on saturday night about the state of the Hume league and the amount of money needed to field a competitive team. Also noted was the lack of supporter enthusiasm which we assumed was due to the lack of "local content" in many teams.Was wondering if anyone would be interested in supplying the number of "locals" in each 1st 21. ie those that came up through the junior ranks of that club & and are now regular senior footballers.[/QUOTeing

With Jindera being so close to albury alot of the juniors players head into town to play AWJFL, So does this make them any less a local boy if they come back ????.Is their a time frame that if a player is at a club for a certain amount of time does he become a local ???
locals Aron Lezius 170 games,Micheal Blomeley 100 games,Tom Weldon 100 games,Tom Wellington 80 games, Scott Freeman 15 games. Others which should be local banner are Brett and Kade Garland whos farther is a club legend and thou they played juniors elsewere they have been around the club for ever, Nathen Chammings is a local boy that played juniors elsewere,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What Doesnt help is when you get Developed Clubs pushing for a premiership poaching young locals from developing clubs and offer them something that they know the developing club won't be able to match.....Prime Example Culcairn convincing young Hueske to come 15 kms down the road from Walla!! The bloke played all his junior footy with walla!! Just a bit of a dog act i feel....thats just my opinion though

hear brandon mathews played for rand walbundrie on saturday, in the best as well, will be a handy aquisition for the tigers. with the talk of how many locals you have or dont have, when u look at the more succesful clubs (jindera, culcairn, howlong, rand- walbundrie, dont know enough about osborne and lockhart,) i think they are more smart in their recruiting with getting quality players but also quality people who give back to the club in terms of functions, fundraising,familys to games, etc. think bb saints are also on the right track, every club has local players, but take a leaf out of these other clubs and get smarter with your recruiting i think. thoughts?

With Jindera being so close to albury alot of the juniors players head into town to play AWJFL, So does this make them any less a local boy if they come back ????.Is their a time frame that if a player is at a club for a certain amount of time does he become a local ???

Those juniors that head to town to play AWJFL & then return are of course locals.Also its always great to see those with strong connections to a club sign up. As for a time frame..... not sure, but the best recruit is the one that stays on for years ,not the one that grabs the money & runs.

What Doesnt help is when you get Developed Clubs pushing for a premiership poaching young locals from developing clubs and offer them something that they know the developing club won't be able to match.....Prime Example Culcairn convincing young Hueske to come 15 kms down the road from Walla!! The bloke played all his junior footy with walla!! Just a bit of a dog act i feel....thats just my opinion though

Fair enough comment Fossil but I have to disagree. All young blokes play footy for enjoyment and to improve. Why stay at a club that is going to get betten every week by 100+ points just because you've played all your junior footy for them? I have to think there are deeper problems at Walla due to majority (sounds like it was upwards of 10) of their quality players from last year leaving? Your comment seems a tad harsh on the poor kid who was probably just offered a few more opportunities at Cul.

Those juniors that head to town to play AWJFL & then return are of course locals.Also its always great to see those with strong connections to a club sign up. As for a time frame..... not sure, but the best recruit is the one that stays on for years ,not the one that grabs the money & runs.[/quote]

Totally agree. Clubs need to invest in quality recruits who give back to the town. This is what builds a positive culture and gets supporters back on board.

Looks pretty ordinary for sure, but I believe there was a bit more to it. Think it all happened when the s___ hit the fan with the commitee or something like that. But good point. Its hard enough to field a team without losing your locals.

Fair enough comment Fossil but I have to disagree. All young blokes play footy for enjoyment and to improve. Why stay at a club that is going to get betten every week by 100+ points just because you've played all your junior footy for them? I have to think there are deeper problems at Walla due to majority (sounds like it was upwards of 10) of their quality players from last year leaving? Your comment seems a tad harsh on the poor kid who was probably just offered a few more opportunities at Cul.

hard to run with that, what happens in a few years and walla are handing 100pt floggings to culcairn does he then come back ? regarding opportunities you would think he would get just as many at walla as he would get anywere. I dont know the ins and outs of it and his decision could be justified but i think any one who jumps ship because he carnt handle getting flogged every week is a cop out. Jindera is a fine example of this as they went through a very tuff period of 10 or so years and for the blokes that hung around for that period got the silverware in the end.

One word. Loyalty. Arguably the most respected thing in football anywhere

Loyalty i didn't know that word still existed in sport

Hasn't existed for years. If people will cast their minds back a few decades I think you will remember league president & Azzi medalist Merv Wegener changed clubs a few times.

People move clubs for many reasons not just for money or success.

was having a discussion the other day about which departure will hurt which club the most. Mainly talking about the top 3 from last year. Be interested in other peoples thoughts the players we came up with were.
Jindera: Hilton Murray Stubbs
Osborne: Hart Bahr Flanagan Litchfield
Culcairn: Logue, Brown Schuberg

some big names there but for mine i would have to say Litchfield from Osborne. Has been possibly the best CHB/FB in the league in past few years. I know bomber struggled against him more then others and i'm not sure if Osborne have replaced him.
thoughts:

hard to run with that, what happens in a few years and walla are handing 100pt floggings to culcairn does he then come back ? regarding opportunities you would think he would get just as many at walla as he would get anywere. I dont know the ins and outs of it and his decision could be justified but i think any one who jumps ship because he carnt handle getting flogged every week is a cop out. Jindera is a fine example of this as they went through a very tuff period of 10 or so years and for the blokes that hung around for that period got the silverware in the end.

Yougn Hueske, the kid in question here is just on 18 years old, went to St Pauls in Walla and therefore played his junior footy at Walla. Now he has finished school and all his mates are from Culcairn, so i wouldnt read too much into the switch and him leaving to avoid getting flogged each week, the kid just wants to play with his mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back