My tips for this weekend:

Colleamally v Culcairn (69 pts)
Henty v Jindera (10 pts)
Holbrook v Osborne (65 pts)
Howlong v BB Saints (28 pts)
Murray Magpies v CDHBU (20 pts)
Billabong Crows v RW Tigers (80 pts)
Walla v Lochart (40 pts)

Howlong v BB saints game of the round, will tell the competition just how far the saints have come this year!

Winners9

The boys are pumped for this game, we think we can win..
If we play 4 qrts of footy we will go close.
i know, i will be praying tonight and hoping all the boys have their weeties in the morning.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

The boys are pumped for this game, we think we can win..
If we play 4 qrts of footy we will go close.
i know, i will be praying tonight and hoping all the boys have their weeties in the morning.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

ATS, you should know as well as most. Over the past few weeks see a few handy names running around in the reserves in Richardson and Mckenzie. Also noticed I'anson this week and Hall last week. Is the seniors side really that good or these boys just unlucky?

ATS, you should know as well as most. Over the past few weeks see a few handy names running around in the reserves in Richardson and Mckenzie. Also noticed I'anson this week and Hall last week. Is the seniors side really that good or these boys just unlucky?

the seniors seem to be travelling pretty well and have settled a little bit (in terms of the team). But charlie (I'anson) has kicked a few bags so i dont understand the reason as to why he will be running around in the twos. but maybe as he missed last weeks game he needs to come back through the twos. ????

what are your thoughts?

the seniors seem to be travelling pretty well and have settled a little bit (in terms of the team). But charlie (I'anson) has kicked a few bags so i dont understand the reason as to why he will be running around in the twos. but maybe as he missed last weeks game he needs to come back through the twos. ????

what are your thoughts?

keeping mind those "bags" were against lower placed sides not to discredit him at all. and as for mckenzie hasent played a senior game yet correct me if im wrong not saying hes a poor player i just dont think there is anyone for him to knock out of the senior side unless someone was to get injured. and as for hall i think he is a bit inconsistent did play well aginst osbourne and was rewarded for that game with another go at seniors should have a safe spot next week having played a blinder against howlong in poor conditions. and richardson does all the right things in my book just hard to get a look in with a few players in the same postion.

keeping mind those "bags" were against lower placed sides not to discredit him at all. and as for mckenzie hasent played a senior game yet correct me if im wrong not saying hes a poor player i just dont think there is anyone for him to knock out of the senior side unless someone was to get injured. and as for hall i think he is a bit inconsistent did play well aginst osbourne and was rewarded for that game with another go at seniors should have a safe spot next week having played a blinder against howlong in poor conditions. and richardson does all the right things in my book just hard to get a look in with a few players in the same postion.

Has Ianson played against any good sides in seconds though, my question is hes he had a good game agaisnt lesser sides but then been rewarded and played seniors against the better sides. I know mckenzie and seen him for thurgoona and he is nt a senior player, no disrespect to him but his disposals are very poor. although everytime i look in the best for bb saints, richardson and oconnor are in there? are they getting a look in for seniors or does eddy have his favourits and have his side set in concrete? But good win for the saints, i think they have jumped us and howlong in the favourites stakes after they won yest and against us last week. still behind cul and jind. very interesting game next week though for them

Has Ianson played against any good sides in seconds though, my question is hes he had a good game agaisnt lesser sides but then been rewarded and played seniors against the better sides. I know mckenzie and seen him for thurgoona and he is nt a senior player, no disrespect to him but his disposals are very poor. although everytime i look in the best for bb saints, richardson and oconnor are in there? are they getting a look in for seniors or does eddy have his favourits and have his side set in concrete? But good win for the saints, i think they have jumped us and howlong in the favourites stakes after they won yest and against us last week. still behind cul and jind. very interesting game next week though for them

I wouldnt say that eddy has the team set in concrete, but that being said i think he may have a few favorites.(as do most clubs) i think Richo has only got into form the last 4 weeks or so, but the seniors have been performing well so who would you drop to get him in???

Should be a ripper of a game this weekend...

As a forum conversation point, Who do we think are the danger men / key match ups of each side. Where do we think the game will be won or lost?

mine:

B: T.PRICE, K.Wilson, A.Brown
HB: D.Murphy, J.Koehler, M.Clarke
M: K.Duel, S.Gilson, M.Palmer
HF: D.McKimmie, L. Donnan, T.Cooper
F: T. CASTLES, A.BARNES, D.Smallwood
R: T.STOREY, J.Banks, A.Gooden
I/C:D.BARBER, L.BAKER, B.GUEST, A.Wilson
EM: B.Simmons, B.Charlton-White, B.Farrugia

would bring nicholson into the side, reckon he is easily in the top 3 players in the league, other than that its pretty good, i'd probably also take smallwood out. for marty thompson.

Any News on the TDFL interleague team?? its not too far away and i am still yet to see a team in the local BM. Can anyone advise?

I wouldnt say that eddy has the team set in concrete, but that being said i think he may have a few favorites.(as do most clubs) i think Richo has only got into form the last 4 weeks or so, but the seniors have been performing well so who would you drop to get him in???

As a forum conversation point, Who do we think are the danger men / key match ups of each side. Where do we think the game will be won or lost?

Murphy v Castles will be decisive

Has the potential of being one of the games of the year. Some great match ups. You would think Murphy will have to go to Castles, who have the saints got to cover the Garland brothers. Would think maybe Cassidy or Blomeley to McKimmie and probably Wilson to Glanville. The real battle though will be in the midfield with the highly rated Schilg, Guest, Boulton, Livermore to take on the under rated Duel, Wightman, Lezius and Preston.

I do think though the game will be won and lost on the wings and the flanks with the unheralded players from either side matching off. You just know what your going to get from the above mentioned players, it's the second and third tier where the game will be won. Going to be a ripper.

Has the potential of being one of the games of the year. Some great match ups. You would think Murphy will have to go to Castles, who have the saints got to cover the Garland brothers. Would think maybe Cassidy or Blomeley to McKimmie and probably Wilson to Glanville. The real battle though will be in the midfield with the highly rated Schilg, Guest, Boulton, Livermore to take on the under rated Duel, Wightman, Lezius and Preston.

I do think though the game will be won and lost on the wings and the flanks with the unheralded players from either side matching off. You just know what your going to get from the above mentioned players, it's the second and third tier where the game will be won. Going to be a ripper.

Jindera are also going to have to stop bb's storey feeding our midfield.

I heard castles played mostly in the ruck on the wkend, anybody know why this was, as he has been so damaging up forward?
i was kinda hoping to see a storey vs storey ruck match-up.
:D

Jindera are also going to have to stop bb's storey feeding our midfield.

I heard castles played mostly in the ruck on the wkend, anybody know why this was, as he has been so damaging up forward?
i was kinda hoping to see a storey vs storey ruck match-up.
:D

Trent and Ryan have been competing with each other ever since they were in the womb, they will continue that battle this Saturday which ironically is their mothers birthday.
Castles spent probably less then a half in the ruck when Stores needed a spell, wasn't really a day to have three talls in the fwd line at once. Storey v Storey Ruck contest will be a highlight.

Trent and Ryan have been competing with each other ever since they were in the womb, they will continue that battle this Saturday which ironically is their mothers birthday.
Castles spent probably less then a half in the ruck when Stores needed a spell, wasn't really a day to have three talls in the fwd line at once. Storey v Storey Ruck contest will be a highlight.

You cannot be serious, this is funny as!!!

I wonder..... Side bet anyone???:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: bahahahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this was posted on the TDFL forum

Interleague Squad:
Barny - Heath Ohlin, Cam McNeil, Steve Ramage, Josh Spence, Danny DeMarte.
Beech - Dane Carey, Nick Dillon.
Chil - Terry Symons, Glenn Wood, Dane O'Neill, Cameron Cassidy.
DMB - Bob Russell, Nick Mitas, Beau Packer, Andy Hill.
KSC - Travis Knight, Julian Day, Wylie Jackson, Steve Jamieson, Heath Maclean, Mark Lewis.
MU - Nthan Lefoe, Jeff Cox.
Ruth - Jamie Seymour, Matthew Glossop, Ash Sibraa, Mark Chamberlain, Chris Oats.
Tall - Joe Pashley, Tyson Smith, Adam Telford, Guy Telford, Tyson Gorupic, Glenn Nye, Jack Russell.
Thur - Jake Bruce, Sam Hargreave, Mark Haydon, Lucas Mellier, Joe Milgate, Thomas Stead, Jeremy Way.
Wah - Jordan Bradley, Jayme Hicks, Brent Corcoran, Dane Tobias, Michael Kreun.
WS - Daryn Harding, Josh Eyre, Aaron Livermore.
Yack - Scott Clancy, Kyle Roberts, Ben Margery, John Paola, Brent Lewington

I beleive most games went to script for Round 9. I guess the main talking point is the BB v Jindera game. For those who were there, was it a quality game, who were the match winners, any surprises, ect, ect :thumbsu:

I beleive most games went to script for Round 9. I guess the main talking point is the BB v Jindera game. For those who were there, was it a quality game, who were the match winners, any surprises, ect, ect :thumbsu:
'
We were smashed from the first bounce.
Guest tried his best but just couldnt do anything with the ball. All our players tried to do too much with it, when we did get it!!. couldnt mark the ball to save our lives.
Did anyone else notice that the umps were paying "holding the ball" after 3 seconds??. Ultra quick but it was a consistant call all day.

Shilgy got hurt in the first qrt and tried to come back on but just couldnt risk further damage. We missed both him and murphy as a key defender. Mckimmie and bolton played well. Probably the best i have seen mckimmie play, but both were well held.
and the Big Ruck match up -BB Stores got the ball out of the ruck almost everytime but Jindera were just feeding off him and our guys couldnt do a thing to stop it.He did get a bit of it around the ground, and was probably one of the few the held their own. Dogs Stores was playing well around the ground and had the honors over glanville when we rotated our big men. I guess you could say that dogs stores won as the Doggies belted the Sainters, but i think they both held their own.

Cassidy had a great game and Garland KILLED us... they are a scary machine to watch.
Hats off to Jindera, you played exellent footy on the day and deserved the win...

NOP/Puppy Power whats ur jindera thoughts?

'
We were smashed from the first bounce.
Guest tried his best but just couldnt do anything with the ball. All our players tried to do too much with it, when we did get it!!. couldnt mark the ball to save our lives.
Did anyone else notice that the umps were paying "holding the ball" after 3 seconds??. Ultra quick but it was a consistant call all day.

Shilgy got hurt in the first qrt and tried to come back on but just couldnt risk further damage. We missed both him and murphy as a key defender. Mckimmie and bolton played well. Probably the best i have seen mckimmie play, but both were well held.
and the Big Ruck match up -BB Stores got the ball out of the ruck almost everytime but Jindera were just feeding off him and our guys couldnt do a thing to stop it.He did get a bit of it around the ground, and was probably one of the few the held their own. Dogs Stores was playing well around the ground and had the honors over glanville when we rotated our big men. I guess you could say that dogs stores won as the Doggies belted the Sainters, but i think they both held their own.

Cassidy had a great game and Garland KILLED us... they are a scary machine to watch.
Hats off to Jindera, you played exellent footy on the day and deserved the win...

NOP/Puppy Power whats ur jindera thoughts?

We looked at the past 2 weeks as real danger games as we really rate Henty and BB and to play the way we have is really pleasing. Although we had comfortable wins against CDHBU and walla we weren't overly pleased with our process and some attitudes. A few home truths were told and we have started to turn our attitude around.
In saying that after the bye we have another tough 4 weeks playing 3 sides fighting for a finals spot, but that's the way you want to play week in week out.
On the weekend we knew we matched up well and the match ups we went with worked. I think Ryan took the honours in the ruck. The pressure that our under rated midfield applied made for a lot of turnovers allowing our backline to set up a lot of our play. The umpires were RED hot on the holding the ball but as mentioned were consistent both ways with the decisions.
I must say that the ground and facilities at Brock have improved from the last time i was out there. How about that fog.
Good day out there and really looking forward to the break.

this was posted on the TDFL forum

Interleague Squad:
Barny - Heath Ohlin, Cam McNeil, Steve Ramage, Josh Spence, Danny DeMarte.
Beech - Dane Carey, Nick Dillon.
Chil - Terry Symons, Glenn Wood, Dane O'Neill, Cameron Cassidy.
DMB - Bob Russell, Nick Mitas, Beau Packer, Andy Hill.
KSC - Travis Knight, Julian Day, Wylie Jackson, Steve Jamieson, Heath Maclean, Mark Lewis.
MU - Nthan Lefoe, Jeff Cox.
Ruth - Jamie Seymour, Matthew Glossop, Ash Sibraa, Mark Chamberlain, Chris Oats.
Tall - Joe Pashley, Tyson Smith, Adam Telford, Guy Telford, Tyson Gorupic, Glenn Nye, Jack Russell.
Thur - Jake Bruce, Sam Hargreave, Mark Haydon, Lucas Mellier, Joe Milgate, Thomas Stead, Jeremy Way.
Wah - Jordan Bradley, Jayme Hicks, Brent Corcoran, Dane Tobias, Michael Kreun.
WS - Daryn Harding, Josh Eyre, Aaron Livermore.
Yack - Scott Clancy, Kyle Roberts, Ben Margery, John Paola, Brent Lewington

Wow, This blokes parents really had it in for him.

Been abit quietly around here lately lads, anyone with news of disgruntled players considering leaving?? mid season signings?? anything??

In news on the Walla front, the boys seem to be growing in confidence every week and are looking at getting that elusive win, dont be suprised to see an upset somewhere along the lines, only 20 points against lockhart and only 6 less scoring shots than osborne....they've come a long way since that massive round 2 loss to the maggots.

All set up for a bumper business end of the season....every time i decide one team is my pick for the flag another team jumps up and beats them, I think Howlong is still my pick though, thoughts?

Maybe this can get some talk generated..... get to it boys!! :)

Wow, This blokes parents really had it in for him.

Been abit quietly around here lately lads, anyone with news of disgruntled players considering leaving?? mid season signings?? anything??

In news on the Walla front, the boys seem to be growing in confidence every week and are looking at getting that elusive win, dont be suprised to see an upset somewhere along the lines, only 20 points against lockhart and only 6 less scoring shots than osborne....they've come a long way since that massive round 2 loss to the maggots.

All set up for a bumper business end of the season....every time i decide one team is my pick for the flag another team jumps up and beats them, I think Howlong is still my pick though, thoughts?

Maybe this can get some talk generated..... get to it boys!! :)

Its great to see Walla playing some competitive footy. They are a young side and are doing more then their best. They will knock someone off in the 2nd half of the season. Wouldnt surprise me if it was one of the big boys too.

Should be a tight tussell at the top of the ladder for top 4 places. BB would be hoping that Jindera/Culcairn/Henty lose a couple more and put them in the mix for a top 2 chance. With the 3 mentioned having a harder run home then the likes of BB.
One would think that BB could win a majority of the remaining games as they have a safer run home but when finals do come around unless they get a top 2 finish i think they could be ahead of themselves and go out first round.

After seeing most of the likley final teams play. Jindera are my tip to take the flag. They are very impressive to watch and are a very even team. Not too many big stars but even contributors across the board. I would love to see Jindera take on Howlong again, as i have only seen Howlong in the wet. If Howlong knock jindera on the head again, then my tip will be Howlong. Howlong are very quick, so whoever beats them will need to have pace on a dry day.

But we have the interleague game this friday night and i am looking forward to smashing the TDFL. I think we will be far to strong for them this year.

I see Paul Glanville missed out on a spot in the interleague team. The bloke comes 2nd in the League medal last yr and doesnt get a look in. he would be DARK!!!
I know he was never going to take the ruck away from Stores who does deserve it and is in awesome form, but i thought he might have got a look in for a forward possy...

Anybody else surprised with any of the selections?

Hume league to win by 4 goals.

I see Paul Glanville missed out on a spot in the interleague team. The bloke comes 2nd in the League medal last yr and doesnt get a look in. he would be DARK!!!
I know he was never going to take the ruck away from Stores who does deserve it and is in awesome form, but i thought he might have got a look in for a forward possy...

Anybody else surprised with any of the selections?

Hume league to win by 4 goals.

i think you will find he would have got a game if it was during the day. looks like they have gone small n fast to suit the expected wet/slippery conditions. Howlong is my tip for the flag seem to match up well on all the teams and have the backline to go with jinderas forwards but culcairn is also a very good side.

Whats everyone's thoughts on the interleague team ?
A good mix it seems on paper. Solid backline, some good ball users with good pace through the middle, and a big forward line which should take some matching up. Shame about Koehler, but thats footy. Who do people see as the game breakers ?
Personally, looking at the Tallangatta team I dont think they will have the backs to match the HFL forwards. Although it could be a bit dewy and slippery which may make it a bit harder for the bigger blokes. Still should be another great contest, like last year, just hoping for bit more scoring this time around :thumbsu:

Whats everyone's thoughts on the interleague team ?
A good mix it seems on paper. Solid backline, some good ball users with good pace through the middle, and a big forward line which should take some matching up. Shame about Koehler, but thats footy. Who do people see as the game breakers ?
Personally, looking at the Tallangatta team I dont think they will have the backs to match the HFL forwards. Although it could be a bit dewy and slippery which may make it a bit harder for the bigger blokes. Still should be another great contest, like last year, just hoping for bit more scoring this time around :thumbsu:
Hume have a better mix this year an from all reports have geled real good tip hume by 28 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back