Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we are trying to predict the makeup of the finals, I may as well have a go:

Howlong 17/1
BB Saints 15/3
Jindera 14/4
Culcairn 14/4
Magpies 13/5
Osborne 12/6

Rand Walb 10/8
Henty 10/8

would be pretty close to the mark. If magpies finish a spot above Jindera doesn't make any difference because they would play each other anyway.

Would make a very interesting finals series if it ended this way, first week of finals would be Culcairn v Osborne and Jindera v Magpies.

I still believe any of the sides that finish in the 6 can win. Especially the side that gets through to the prelim against either BB Saints or Howlong.
What in sayin that you dont rate saints or howlong?

NOP are you holding out on us?? I see Bomber Hilton has been named on ur extended bench... Will he play 1st or most likely play for the 2's???

Getting his minimum games in so he qualifies for finals... sneaky sneaky :)
Would you put in shit i fill sorry for the bloke that misses out

What in sayin that you dont rate saints or howlong?

Never said that, how can i not rate them they will finish 1 and 2, what i am saying is that it is wide open with 3 of the 4 that will miss the top 2 capable of winning it as well, because hey they are the past 3 premiership winners, and thats no disrespect to magpies tigers or henty they aren't just making up numbers but they don't have the class of the other 5.

I have heard a little rumour on sunday (i really hope its not a rumour) that on saturday THOMAS MARLOW from lockhart got his nose smashed all over his face.. has anybody else heard that. he might have to fork out some of that money that he made FRUEY so aware that he was getting for abit of surgery, if its true it should of happened along time ago..

Heard a whisper that there was a bit of trouble amongst the BB Boys on their trip back from Colly. Alcohol, a young lady and a few punches was the basis of the rumour

Heard a whisper that there was a bit of trouble amongst the BB Boys on their trip back from Colly. Alcohol, a young lady and a few punches was the basis of the rumour

Heard the same whisper, bit of trouble at the wrong end of the season for the BB boys. Hopefully they can put whatever happened behind them and focus on the business end of the year.

Heard the same whisper, bit of trouble at the wrong end of the season for the BB boys. Hopefully they can put whatever happened behind them and focus on the business end of the year.

No trouble boys, just a minor misunderstanding between a couple of the boys. Sorted out very quickly.
We are still on track to make finals and hopefully be a threat as well! :thumbsu:

No trouble boys, just a minor misunderstanding between a couple of the boys. Sorted out very quickly.
We are still on track to make finals and hopefully be a threat as well! :thumbsu:

Minor misunderstanding, are we talking bout the same incident

Dont know if I would call it minor...

I don't know if smashing the front doors of a pub could be considered minor, with further repercussions to come. could it be things are not so saintly out there allthingsnotsosaintly.

Whos your tip at this stage???

I see the Border tipped Osborne by 10points! I think it will be Jindera by 40points

Any news on how bad castles hammy is?

I wasnt too far off the mark- Was it a good win from the Jindera Boys? How did osborne play? are they going to be a contender this year from the back of the pack?

also noticed that Bomber Hilton didnt play but castles did. Did bomber have second thoughts?

I think thats all i would like to know..:D

Have been hearing pretty strong rumors that Twitty has agreed to go to Holbrook next season. Has not finalised all details as yet, but will defiantly be coach out there next yr.

One would think seems wodonga are not doing all that well, that he would be able to take a few players with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been hearing pretty strong rumors that Twitty has agreed to go to Holbrook next season. Has not finalised all details as yet, but will defiantly be coach out there next yr.

One would think seems wodonga are not doing all that well, that he would be able to take a few players with him.
The only problem is that the word from Wodonga is that Twitt and his PA Jackson are the reason they're not going too well. As a result not too many would follow.

Well done snoopy pup I think I said that on 13 July,forget the smoke and mirrors crap in the border mail Twitty will coach Holbrook for next 3 years and he will take Thomson with him from Wodonga but dont expect too many more to go with him .:rolleyes:

Saw the Cul Osborne game on the weekend. Culcairn are gone! Awesome team on paper but play like a bunch of individuals. If they played like a team and adopted a smart brand of footy they could be world beaters. Out smarted by a brilliant footy team who were willing to do all the 1% that win a game of footy.

would love to see a bookies market on the flag this year. very open one! maybe howlong at $4 then jindera at $4.50 then cul, bb, osb all at $5. will be a great few remaining rounds as teams try to get edge on opponents before finals. think a few remaining home and away games could be played with finals like intensity.
Very interesting at the other end of the ladder too! will walla be able to avoid the spoon? they have avoided it for 107 years so far!!! that might get them over the line but bb saints will be playing for % and have both the hoppers and CBDHU in the remaining games.

would love to see a bookies market on the flag this year. very open one! maybe howlong at $4 then jindera at $4.50 then cul, bb, osb all at $5. will be a great few remaining rounds as teams try to get edge on opponents before finals. think a few remaining home and away games could be played with finals like intensity.
Very interesting at the other end of the ladder too! will walla be able to avoid the spoon? they have avoided it for 107 years so far!!! that might get them over the line but bb saints will be playing for % and have both the hoppers and CBDHU in the remaining games.

Its going to be a great final series this year. My money is still on Jindera to take it home tho. I think the hoppers may surprise BB this wk and come out firing, but BB should get over the line in the 2nd half. Was really surprised that Jindera pinched 2nd spot on the ladder. However they will need big wins against Howlong and Culcairn over the last two games to keep that spot.

My money is on Banks from Howlong for the azzi and the WAW player of the year. Has been in the best for the last 4-5 games as well as a super consistant season. Shilg from BB should be polling well in both competitions over the last 6 games or so, had a quite middle of the season but dominated at the start of the season, if i remember correctly. Storey should still but around the mark, i think it will come down to the last 2 games of the season.
Should be two very tight individual competitions which has added to what a great season it has been so far this year. :thumbsu:

Thoughts?

Schilg to win medal by a stretch. Osbourne to shock all to romp home with the premiership.
Any thoughts on the appointment of Kade Klemke to coach Culcairn. Would have thought at his age (20) would still be trying to have a crack at the AFL.

Schilg to win medal by a stretch. Osbourne to shock all to romp home with the premiership.
Any thoughts on the appointment of Kade Klemke to coach Culcairn. Would have thought at his age (20) would still be trying to have a crack at the AFL.

Kade klemke as a senior coach... WOW~~

Not knowing the bloke it will be interesting to see how the playing group handles a green grass hopper as coach. I am not doubting his footballing ablity, but his age and lack of experiance!

I hope he handles the senior playing group with respect, which he no
doubt will. It will also be interesting to see how he handles the footy functions that culcairn will have next year. at 20, the boys generally dont mind to get a bit pissy at the club functions and have a "good" time. I wonder if he will be able to handle himself as a senior coach should.

Does anyone have any information as to why he would come out to the Hume league at such a young age, and with such a great O&M/AFL career in front of him? :confused:

Kade klemke as a senior coach... WOW~~

Not knowing the bloke it will be interesting to see how the playing group handles a green grass hopper as coach. I am not doubting his footballing ablity, but his age and lack of experiance!

I hope he handles the senior playing group with respect, which he no
doubt will. It will also be interesting to see how he handles the footy functions that culcairn will have next year. at 20, the boys generally dont mind to get a bit pissy at the club functions and have a "good" time. I wonder if he will be able to handle himself as a senior coach should.

Does anyone have any information as to why he would come out to the Hume league at such a young age, and with such a great O&M/AFL career in front of him? :confused:
Fellas lets forget about all the AFL crap,he was never going to make it in the big time.Dont get me wrong he is a quality footballer and a great young bloke and as for handling the Culcairn group,dont forget all these questions were asked about his brother who presented the club with a premiership and two prelims and is still at the club in an official capacity so I am sure he will oversea things.I am sure he will cope well enough but for christ sake lets hope Froggy doesnt let him sing...;)

Fellas lets forget about all the AFL crap,he was never going to make it in the big time.Dont get me wrong he is a quality footballer and a great young bloke and as for handling the Culcairn group,dont forget all these questions were asked about his brother who presented the club with a premiership and two prelims and is still at the club in an official capacity so I am sure he will oversea things.I am sure he will cope well enough but for christ sake lets hope Froggy doesnt let him sing...;)

where to now for Donnan, word is the club told him they didn't want him as a coach, be interested to see what he does as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back