Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the few years before that, when they were playing 15 year olds in the under 14's. And got caught the week before the finals.

Brrr, look at me getting involved in srz bznz

Yeah but that's shit form
I just edited my post as that was the occasion I was talking about, I was just mistaken as to which grade it was. But the fact that is was under 14s makes it even worse:thumbsdown:

I just edited my post as that was the occasion I was talking about, I was just mistaken as to which grade it was. But the fact that is was under 14s makes it even worse:thumbsdown:

Fella's, I sense a lot of tension amongst you blokes and a lot is directed at Jindera and in recent years at Culcairn for recruiting and spending too much to win premierships , it is a widely held view that Hume league clubs spend too much money on buying teams but I hold ONE club responsible for this OSBORNE.It is a sad fact that many of us Hume league clubs cannot compete any more but it is no longer a level playing field with the amount of money required to compete against this mob just beyond a lot of us.So congrats to the Jindera's , Cul's etc enjoy your success while it lasts but be humble for the wheel does turn as my club was a very successful club of the 80s and 90s (and played finals footy three years ago) but we have fallen on hard times of late and believe me it takes a lot of hard work from a lot of people to keep these clubs going and I am not sure what the future holds for a lot of us.:confused:

And Straughnie, if you read what I said, you will see that I also was not bagging Jindera, nor begrudging them their success in any way. I think you'll find I even said it was good to see the Dogs going well after being down for so long. I've got no doubt the club worked hard to to get where they are, and I'm certain they're working their arses off to make sure they stay there for as long as possible. I don't mind reading about what's going on because it keeps me in the loop. Just like I also read the O&M, Tallangatta, O&K, Upper Murray and Picola threads. Because I want to know what's going on. If I had anything to add on the Power, I would add it. But I don't and I'm not willing to make anything up.
Once again, good on Jindera, enjoy your success, keep people from out of the area up to date on what's going, because it's good to see so many passionate people in country footy. But please do it with humility.[/quote]

the best quote i've head for a long time. I can tell you 99%of people at Jindera do not take anything for granted and are envious of what a Osborne have built and ahave built through no fuss and HUMILTY. There maybe a few rare people who will get carried away with what happening with the off season but at the end of the day you still need to win games of footy ad still need to build longevity success, which is something from whati can see from my position is something they are building.
Please ignore the arrogance that is not the JINDERA culture and is something thst daisy would detest. and is something that will NOT be accepted in our club.

the best quote i've head for a long time. I can tell you 99%of people at Jindera do not take anything for granted and are envious of what a Osborne have built and ahave built through no fuss and HUMILTY. There maybe a few rare people who will get carried away with what happening with the off season but at the end of the day you still need to win games of footy ad still need to build longevity success, which is something from whati can see from my position is something they are building.
Please ignore the arrogance that is not the JINDERA culture and is something thst daisy would detest. and is something that will NOT be accepted in our club.
Top Post :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I must admit I did have a laugh when I read that.
First you have a go at me and say your club is full of locals, then you admit to spending your hard earned money on outsiders? Correct me if I am wrong there.:rolleyes:
Secondly, I think everyone enjoys reading about the activities of other clubs, but arrogance is a pet hate of mine and if you read what i said again, you will notice that what i said was aimed solely at one person from your club, not your supporters in general.
Thirdly, get off your high horse mate, your club is in no way better than any of ours. Remember not so many years ago when you were secretly playing 15 year olds in under 14s, only to be caught out the week before the grand final? This is junior footy we are talking about, so its good to see the great message you boys are sending to your youngsters down there:thumbsu: Winning is a great thing, but its not the only thing, think about that.

Once AGAIN kangas you've just proved to everyone that you have no idea. Your credability on this forum is heading south quicker than your IQ. Where did I say Jindera was 'full' of locals ? Point out to me any club in country football that is 'full' of locals ??? Thats right NONE. All's i did was state the truth that Jindera has as many 'locals' playing for them as any other club in the league.
So kangas, your view is that ANY club who invests there funds that are extremely hard-earned and raised on outside players to make their club stronger and hopefully bring some success is wrong ??? Well if thats your position I really hope you're not involved on your clubs board. If a club cant spend what they rightfully raised to hopefully be successful, then my friend, country footy is f*cked !!

I must admit I did have a laugh when I read that.
First you have a go at me and say your club is full of locals, then you admit to spending your hard earned money on outsiders? Correct me if I am wrong there.:rolleyes:
Secondly, I think everyone enjoys reading about the activities of other clubs, but arrogance is a pet hate of mine and if you read what i said again, you will notice that what i said was aimed solely at one person from your club, not your supporters in general.
Thirdly, get off your high horse mate, your club is in no way better than any of ours. Remember not so many years ago when you were secretly playing 15 year olds in under 14s, only to be caught out the week before the grand final? This is junior footy we are talking about, so its good to see the great message you boys are sending to your youngsters down there:thumbsu: Winning is a great thing, but its not the only thing, think about that.

I think you will find kangas that it was the mother of the boy that incorrectly told the club the age of the boy, as i was present at the hume league vote count night at howlong when the news arose of the issue, and i as was everybody else on the Jindera table was embarrassed and shocked at the news. So when you refferred to "you" in the above post please leave the club out of that generalisation.

Also i dont think Winners7 is posting in an arrogant way but just trying to start some discussion which i can see has been generated. And for all those taking stabs at Jindera, maybe if you posted about your clubs and tried not being so secretive there would be something else to talk about as it is a Hume League forum and not a Jindera forum and requires ppl putting info about their respective clubs on here.

And my comment was actually directed more at the fact he said he didn't care what us former CDFL teams were doing simply because we weren't competitive against the top teams.
I have nothing against Jindera - I know the history of your club being down for so long (29 years without a flag wasn't it?).
My club went 30 years and was then forced to merge one year later because the players in our area dried up.
Jindera is going well at the moment and it is good to see, but a holier than thou attitude will lose you a lot of friends.
If winners7 was around in the dark days, he should know that.
There is such a thing as a humble champion. Enjoy your success, but respect those who don't have it because the wheel will eventually turn, as it has for my club over the past two years.

well said, and after reading his comment about CDHBU, coly etc. was quite arrogant. and definitely isnt the attitude of the club.

the latest i heard was that the power are in big trouble strugglin to find a coach or players, even heard they are close to folding. not sure how true?
but would be very disappointing for that area.

the latest i heard was that the power are in big trouble strugglin to find a coach or players, even heard they are close to folding. not sure how true?
but would be very disappointing for that area.

I certainly haven't heard anything along those lines and I would almost guarantee that wouldn't be the case. While we mightn't be strong on the field against the top Hume league clubs at the moment, one thing I'm certain about is numbers is not an issue, and Jarrod Hanrahan would definitely retain the coaching job if we weren't able to recruit someone with that carrot.
Last I heard the scouting mission to Darwin was on again and the club was talking to other prospective recruits from metropolitan areas.

Are you sure that rumour isn't about the Crows?

Once AGAIN kangas you've just proved to everyone that you have no idea. Your credability on this forum is heading south quicker than your IQ. Where did I say Jindera was 'full' of locals ? Point out to me any club in country football that is 'full' of locals ??? Thats right NONE. All's i did was state the truth that Jindera has as many 'locals' playing for them as any other club in the league.
So kangas, your view is that ANY club who invests there funds that are extremely hard-earned and raised on outside players to make their club stronger and hopefully bring some success is wrong ??? Well if thats your position I really hope you're not involved on your clubs board. If a club cant spend what they rightfully raised to hopefully be successful, then my friend, country footy is f*cked !!
Your main argument is based upon the fact that I said your club is 'full' of locals instead of your club has 'alot' of locals????:confused: Cmon mate, you can do better than that
But this could go forever, so we can just agree to disagree and move on. But as for my lowering credibility on this board, if that is the worst thing that happens to me for a while I think I will get through :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I certainly haven't heard anything along those lines and I would almost guarantee that wouldn't be the case. While we mightn't be strong on the field against the top Hume league clubs at the moment, one thing I'm certain about is numbers is not an issue, and Jarrod Hanrahan would definitely retain the coaching job if we weren't able to recruit someone with that carrot.
Last I heard the scouting mission to Darwin was on again and the club was talking to other prospective recruits from metropolitan areas.

After doing my own research, word is the Crows are after a merge, possiblely with CDHBU, that would make it CDHBUOU

so youve gone from knowing nothin to knowing a fair bit in a fairly short time, why didnt you post this when you were first asked.

and all iwas saying is thats wat i have heard, which apparently came from a player from there who is looking for a club as he wasnt sure they would be around next year, and it was more than anyone else was giving.

so youve gone from knowing nothin to knowing a fair bit in a fairly short time, why didnt you post this when you were first asked.

and all iwas saying is thats wat i have heard, which apparently came from a player from there who is looking for a club as he wasnt sure they would be around next year, and it was more than anyone else was giving.

I still know very little that anyone else doesn't know. The club has gone to Darwin every year for about the last 8-10 years, so that's no big news, and I would be certain that most clubs would have spoken to metropolitan based players. The rest is just guesswork. Maybe Billy Brownless can tell us more over a few frothies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get back on to the subject of football your all arguing and your all saying that you want too know how each clubs goin well ask and stop talking shit to each other. Its just a fact its a jindera dominated forum if you dont like it too f*cking bad. Even though im not from the club i can say when they were down on the ladder and things werent goin so great the club stuck together and rode through the battles and tough times ggot some good players from in town but also nurtured alot of young guys who have been loyal and become good players of the likes of micheal blomely. so too say they have more money than tiger woods has women is not exactly true.

And face the facts that country football is becomeing such a money dominated sport because of the lack of locals in smaller towns its much harder to compete with the likes of jindera who too their credit have a strong local backing.

enough of the sniping back to the footy!
whats going on with the walla coaching role? r kolhagen, whiterod and mcglynn confirmed departures or just rumored?
also r/w tigers were fairly close last yr, probably leapfrog cul, lock and maybe osb if they dont lose any, have they picked up any big names?

enough of the sniping back to the footy!
whats going on with the walla coaching role? r kolhagen, whiterod and mcglynn confirmed departures or just rumored?
also r/w tigers were fairly close last yr, probably leapfrog cul, lock and maybe osb if they dont lose any, have they picked up any big names?

McGlynn gone to Thurgoona (confirmed) Kohlhagan to Coolamon Whiterod still up in the air.

Had a sneak peak at the final draft of the draw last night. It's tailor made for a fringe side from last year ie. BB Saints to take the step into the finals. They should be 5 and 0 before they hit a tough streak of 6 games but then finish how they started.

McGlynn gone to Thurgoona (confirmed) Kohlhagan to Coolamon Whiterod still up in the air.

Had a sneak peak at the final draft of the draw last night. It's tailor made for a fringe side from last year ie. BB Saints to take the step into the finals. They should be 5 and 0 before they hit a tough streak of 6 games but then finish how they started.

Your right NOP mcglynn has signed with thurgoona spoke the other day, Kohlhagen has signed with ganmain grong grong matong and whiterod is training down at corowa but may head to thurgoona if his not happy there, i think you will find they have lost a lot more then them 3 from all reports its up in the double figures. will be interesting to see,

BB Saints to take the step into the finals. They should be 5 and 0 before they hit a tough streak of 6 games but then finish how they started.
Saints signed 2 very good Riverina league players and are in the mix for a couple of O and M players. With a couple of returning seniors players (Eddy, Boers etc.), expect to see 8-10 new faces run out Round 1 and see them contend for a top 4 spot in 2010.:)

Saints signed 2 very good Riverina league players and are in the mix for a couple of O and M players. With a couple of returning seniors players (Eddy, Boers etc.), expect to see 8-10 new faces run out Round 1 and see them contend for a top 4 spot in 2010.:)

Also heard they signed an on baller from one of the TDFL.

give us some names, everyone can talk it up but until the names are comfirmed it means nothing.

as someone mentioned earlier the favourable draw will help

good to see the Saints recruiting well, lets hope those players hang around for a few years and help the club to a number of finals appearances.
On another point rumour has it Parr has left Osborne to return to the RFL not 100% if it is certain but came froma good source, would leave a reasonable size hole in the cats big man stakes especially with Harty gone as well. They will have a ripping midfield with those additions they have named added to who they already have.
Any news from out Lockhart way got a glimpse of the Daily Advertiser and they were hoping to have a coach locked away by xmas. What about Walla and the sides out west, any news!!
Culcairn have offset a few of there losses with the additions of those blokes out of the Albury 2's so you would think they would be around the mark again.
How are the tigers shaping up axe??

good to see the Saints recruiting well, lets hope those players hang around for a few years and help the club to a number of finals appearances.
On another point rumour has it Parr has left Osborne to return to the RFL not 100% if it is certain but came froma good source, would leave a reasonable size hole in the cats big man stakes especially with Harty gone as well. They will have a ripping midfield with those additions they have named added to who they already have.
Any news from out Lockhart way got a glimpse of the Daily Advertiser and they were hoping to have a coach locked away by xmas. What about Walla and the sides out west, any news!!
Culcairn have offset a few of there losses with the additions of those blokes out of the Albury 2's so you would think they would be around the mark again.
How are the tigers shaping up axe??

Who are the midfield recruits you were refering to from Osborne? They along with Culcairn it would seem would have to do a massive amount of recruiting to replenish what each has lost this off-season if the rumors I read are correct... Thoughts anyone???:confused:

R/W seem to be very quiet and flying under the radar. How are any of the other teams shaping up? Dont hold out... I need the gossip to get me through work:D

The only team I know about is the Saints even then dont know a lot of specifics and it seems everyone else knows more than I do...:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I still know very little that anyone else doesn't know. The club has gone to Darwin every year for about the last 8-10 years, so that's no big news, and I would be certain that most clubs would have spoken to metropolitan based players. The rest is just guesswork. Maybe Billy Brownless can tell us more over a few frothies.

Power boys seen out west of Hume League Sunday, heard an announcement could be made Sunday on coach. Wahgunyah chasing a few Power players. A Power official said theyre going to Darwin but not recruiting because of a lack of Jobs in the Corowa area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back