Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got over to watch the first half of Culcairn and Tallangatta last night must say ordinary game, skill wise. But did make a few observations about Culcairn.
- Lachie Hutchins killed it adds another dimension to there midfield (very handy)
- New bloke Allen pretty hard at it, added a bit of hardness in the midfield
- Culs backline looks fragile, Gardiner can play but not much around him. Bosley played fullback and turned it over a fair bit.
-Culcairn don't look overly fit especially Fruey.
-Charlton White doesn't move much but when he gets the ball he seems to have a deadly boot.
- Not sure where Donnan will play himself as i think the Ruck is a weakness but him playing there robs them of a CHF which is another weakness
-Usual suspects looked in good nick, Schultz, Barber
Just my observations

You would think that the likes of Chow Brown, Kannenberg, and Mortlock will help steady that 'fragile backline'

You would think that the likes of Chow Brown, Kannenberg, and Mortlock will help steady that 'fragile backline'

That fragile backline had 1 point kicked against them in the 1st quarter and only 2 goals against them in the half. I too was at that game and couldn't help be impressed by the pace out of the middle.

NOP. Would it be fair to say that the Hume league should be much stronger than the Tallangatta league this year. Given a Culcairn side that is not rated highly by many has beaten last years TDFL top 3 . Would think the likes of Jindera, Osborne & BB would be a class above.

BB are playing Barny this wkend, who have recruited well and are meant to be one of the big improvers this coming season. Should be an interesting game.

Are we talking Drew Mortlock. Ex Albury tigers ??? Cul looked to have about 15 kids running around last night. Hope they continue to develop them.
NOP. I think your observations were fairly accurate but to be fair to Culs backline, based on only one game. We will know by about round 6 just how good the top sides are.

switch to answer your question yes i am still the a/c not that i see what that has to do with anything, nor is it yours or anyones business.
My comments about Culs backline were based on last nights game add those players mentioned earlier as well as Donnan and Gilson and the whole dynamic of Culcairns side changes. Not saying that they want be in the mix as i firmly believe they are one of the teams to beat,
My comments were purely based on what i observed last night, those were just a small minority of what Daisy and i took out of the game. Take it as you will but it is good to get some decent conversation going.

switch to answer your question yes i am still the a/c not that i see what that has to do with anything, nor is it yours or anyones business.
My comments about Culs backline were based on last nights game add those players mentioned earlier as well as Donnan and Gilson and the whole dynamic of Culcairns side changes. Not saying that they want be in the mix as i firmly believe they are one of the teams to beat,
My comments were purely based on what i observed last night, those were just a small minority of what Daisy and i took out of the game. Take it as you will but it is good to get some decent conversation going.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Keep up the good convo blokes. I am Cul follower and I dont really mind someone talking about our strengths and weaknesses, as long as its constructive.

On a different note, does anyone know what is happening with the interleague game this season ? I hope it hasnt been dropped altogther because the Tallangatta boys have forgot to allow for it in their draw.
Also, I beleive it is an Australian Country Championships year, we saw a few boys from the Hume get a NSW jumper a few years. Who are the players that might bob up and get an jumper this year and represent us Hume followers ?
:thumbsu:

I saw cul against us last year and their backline killed us. Pretty sure a they kicked more goals than our forwardline. Why they so poor now? have they lost any? (sorry been away for work and havnt seen ins and outs of the league)

Keep up the good convo blokes. I am Cul follower and I dont really mind someone talking about our strengths and weaknesses, as long as its constructive.

On a different note, does anyone know what is happening with the interleague game this season ? I hope it hasnt been dropped altogther because the Tallangatta boys have forgot to allow for it in their draw.
Also, I beleive it is an Australian Country Championships year, we saw a few boys from the Hume get a NSW jumper a few years. Who are the players that might bob up and get an jumper this year and represent us Hume followers ?

Interleague game allowed for in TDFL on the long weekend in June, same as last year, however, under threat as Lavi play at home that weekend. I would've thought the Hume League would put more effort into helping find a ground, given that they have to try and win the title of strongest district League comp off us.......

was at the cul, tallangatta game monday night. noticed one thing that stood out was the turn overs, escpecially Culs fullback. Not sure of his name i think it might be Bisley or Busley? Had plenty of the ball but kept kicking to the opposition.Efficency was about 20%.

had a few mitta mates watch the game after the defeated beechworth and they said that Charlton White moved really we just kept presenting and a few of them reckon he should 60+ goals this year with big grounds and room to move. likes to celebrate a goal to so they said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interleague game allowed for in TDFL on the long weekend in June, same as last year, however, under threat as Lavi play at home that weekend. I would've thought the Hume League would put more effort into helping find a ground, given that they have to try and win the title of strongest district League comp off us.......

Apart from Lavington, probably the only other ground with sufficent lights to host the contest would be Corowa. Don't think the powers that be would like the game to be played out of Albury tho.

If it goes ahead you would have to think that a few from the BB middle, and murphy would get a look in.

i think you will find that Hume did not nominate a team for country championships in Wagga:confused: so would be hard to them getting any reps in country NSW team.

This was passed on by a mate of mine "Thurgoona beat Jindera in a practice match last night by 16 pts. Only 1 jindera bloke hung around to have a beer with the Thurgoona boys afterward. S##t form." If this is the case I agree totally, can anyone from Jindera shed any light?

Saints have a praccy match against Barny on Sunday hopefully a good hit out, and last one before round one. Anyone have any other news to divulge?

This was passed on by a mate of mine "Thurgoona beat Jindera in a practice match last night by 16 pts. Only 1 jindera bloke hung around to have a beer with the Thurgoona boys afterward. S##t form." If this is the case I agree totally, can anyone from Jindera shed any light?

Saints have a praccy match against Barny on Sunday hopefully a good hit out, and last one before round one. Anyone have any other news to divulge?

You would think with a few ex thurgoona players that some of them would have stayed, lets hope this isnt true though, NOP can you confirm or deny this.

What was the standard of the game like and were both teams missing many?

Where do the saints play and how did they go last weekend?

You would think with a few ex thurgoona players that some of them would have stayed, lets hope this isnt true though, NOP can you confirm or deny this.

What was the standard of the game like and were both teams missing many?

Where do the saints play and how did they go last weekend?[/quote]
Heard they played well, a bit scappy in the first couple of qrts tho. They beat Belconnen by a couple of goals.( i think:))
Were missing some of their guns in McKimmie, Storey and Guest, and a few other handy players. Glanville only played a couple of qtrs also. 6 qrt game. I believe they are playing at Norris Park tomorrow.

Wasn't there myself personally had bingo commitments with the missus, heard though from a family member that Tucker carved it up against the Thurgoona boys. Kicked a couple of goals and had his hand in a few others.
I did ask a senior member this arvo at the races if Boxhead played and doesn't recall seeing him????? Heard from another source that he's a bit slow and lagged a bit and barely touched it! Moving into the 30's hasn't slowed you up has it NOP?
Watch this space.....Sam Hargraeve from the thirds carved it up for Thurgoona in the seniors......add Jayden Beaumont, Josh Steadman, Ryan Brown and Dylan Weeding (superstar Tom Hargreave 15) are new recruitds for the club!

Got over to watch the first half of Culcairn and Tallangatta last night must say ordinary game, skill wise. But did make a few observations about Culcairn.
- Lachie Hutchins killed it adds another dimension to there midfield (very handy)
- New bloke Allen pretty hard at it, added a bit of hardness in the midfield
- Culs backline looks fragile, Gardiner can play but not much around him. Bosley played fullback and turned it over a fair bit.
-Culcairn don't look overly fit especially Fruey.
-Charlton White doesn't move much but when he gets the ball he seems to have a deadly boot.
- Not sure where Donnan will play himself as i think the Ruck is a weakness but him playing there robs them of a CHF which is another weakness
-Usual suspects looked in good nick, Schultz, Barber
Just my observations

Are you still A/C NOP?

and that has what to do with anything.

There's your first problem...

Kinda have to agree with Switch here NOP, as A/C of another club shouldn't you or don't they have some sort of gag order going at the club? Whilst I appreciate your newsbraeking efforts, doesn't your football club sensor comments you make publicly about other clubs? i would think that comments you have raised previously about other clubs would just add fuel to your games later on......or is that your plan???

i would like to apologise to all in sundry for my honest opinions and comments to which i have added to bigfooty. I will promise in the future to return to the adding of the bullshit and the tripe the frequents these pages. I will now go to confessional and spend some quality time with the almighty to clense my soul and clear my concious. Hope we all have enjoyed our pre-seasons and look forward to the season ahead. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think you'll find that Jindera were in front at half time when they subbed there senior 18 for their 2nd 18. In saying that Thurgoona looked much more match hardened then Jindera with that being ther 3rd hitout. Without knowing much about the Tallangatta League i think Thurgoona will be somewhere near the top, they moved the ball well and have a real good midfield.
Not sure who you were talking to Almost Done but Boxhead looked alright to me, has been up on the pace all pre-season and looks in better shape then he was last year when he won our b and f.
Tucks looked solid at ff but is still getting use to our game style.

Anyone have any news out of the Saints Barny game did all the saints guns play. It was played at Norris Park wasn't it, wouldn't have thought that'd be a big enough ground.
Any other praccy matches about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back